A look at effective resource management

twenty-five

"Also like to note that if player 1/3 were actively farming properly, with spears and swords, their haul total would be near the Offensive players."

Player 3 actually has a decent amount more plunders then player 4, so I could argue that player 4 has been even lazier at farming yet due to higher LC count, he still had 15m more loot with far less plunders. Kind of raises the argument that while O is more expensive, it pays off in farming.

With keypress, plunder counts don't really represent much effort. Farming on the whole represents your ability to be on as spread out throughout the day as possible. That's typically what leads to high amounts looted anyway.

Plunder count != activity

mattcurr

"Also like to note that if player 1/3 were actively farming properly, with spears and swords, their haul total would be near the Offensive players."

Player 3 actually has a decent amount more plunders then player 4, so I could argue that player 4 has been even lazier at farming yet due to higher LC count, he still had 15m more loot with far less plunders. Kind of raises the argument that while O is more expensive, it pays off in farming.

I meant he doesnt farm with defense. And plunders do not represent hours spent farming on each account. More so a difference in methodology. Again major point is how many fewer villages the D players are farming from. I am just saying it doesnt have to be either or, they could be both active farmers with a large haul as defensive players and have the extra res from not having a lot of lc

DeletedUser112257

also there are scouts in the build usually i end around this number with constant queues

8k spears takes ~293.5 hours to build
2k hcs take ~346.5 hours to build

Unless you build scouts from your barracks your statement is wrong

Also he was arguing that given the priorities that players who build sp/hc presumably have (like build times) 8k/2k is not even close to the best ratio - not that those priorities are wrong (which to be clear arguably most of the time they are, but nobody wants to repeat those sorts of arguements).

DeletedUser

You missed the point of the post, saying that building more D does not lead to a drop in farming, rather those particular players do not bother to farm with their D like they could.

Prometheus

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
The use of :heavycavalry: explains all. They are expensive, so yeah mine without is cheaper.

Not gonna get into a whole hc debate, but as it has come up I will say 8k spear, 2k hc is horrible, you build it for the speed I assume and general defense (hc) is already overpowered compared to cavarly d (spears) yet the build has the barracks finishing first. :/

Why not? Care to explain! Garg wants to hear your side of the argument. Please enlighten him on why HC are bad! He told me HC are good :)

twenty-five

Yeah, garg told me that too.

Trolling doesn't suit you.

Anyway HC are expensive and are detrimental to maximising resource efficiency, so I doubt they had any part in any of the 4 player's situations.

mattcurr

HC in res optimization is kinda useless guys way off topic it was already stated the D builds for this situation is Sp/sw for all 4 players. Hc might have advantages Idc really but not in res optimization they dont.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
20/15
Wood 2085
Clay 1380
Iron 2890

Wood 710
Clay 510
Iron 590

25/20
Units Buildings Total
Wood 2820
Clay 1860
Iron 3880

Wood 970
Clay 690
Iron 770

This seems super misleading, the stable #'s for D are irrelevant since they're obviously not making hc, which is what is allowing them to mint coins faster, though I'm less sure why they have more troops than the O heavy players other than that they likely suffered fewer losses since barracks can't outproduce barracks+stable.

mattcurr

This seems super misleading, the stable #'s for D are irrelevant since they're obviously not making hc, which is what is allowing them to mint coins faster, though I'm less sure why they have more troops than the O heavy players other than that they likely suffered fewer losses since barracks can't outproduce barracks+stable.

I would wager it's too do with being able to build up the villages faster quicker and perhaps size of conquest and perhaps non constant ques due to o being so expensive. At least in the case of player one and two player 1 with more troops has also lost more

DeletedUser

It's more than that. There are several points here which are misleading, seeming to be a disadvantage but actually making the positive difference. That's actually what I find wonderful about this new "discovery". It shows that some of the core concepts and guidelines which we've been following for years aren't as strong as we thought they were. Doubt we'll see a massive shift in the "global" game strategy, but it may prove very beneficial for those who use it to their advantage.

While certain flaws in the comparisons do exist, I hope to see more discussion over the core of the topic rather than the semantics.

DeletedUser

You're trying to say that the off guys have farmed more so they're more active/not as efficient but they've probably farmed more due to having more lc.
How would the players troop counts be anywhere near similar? Axe,Lc,rams will build loads faster.
How do you even farm with spear/swords, I lost loads on walls?
I think the D players just put their res pits up faster