A Short message to ex Fear members now in APOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I believe I just deleted 103 posts o_O

I'm not sure if it was worth it or I should of just closed the thread. Guess we can see if it can stay on topic though :p

DeletedUser

trusscot...why on earth you just dont delete all of them...this is starting to be really annoying.

DeletedUser

How about you don't go off topic once I clearly make a point of showing how I feel about the annoying off-topic posts? Rather than going straight back into a state of fiendish spamming take a death breathe, relax, go get a cup of tea, engage your brain and write a reply that will not get deleted.

Sound fun? <--- Rhetoric

DeletedUser

truscott16...the fastest moderator in tribal worlds

I only posted one that should be deleted tbh...but you right...can def. find something smarter to do.

[spoil]I made statment that you are good moderator half hour ago so please without take a death breathe, relax, go get a cup of tea, engage your brain etc comments next time...[/spoil]

thank you

DeletedUser

Ah you spelt my name wrong :p

Was that part of the banter or a genuine mistake? :icon_razz:

---

I guess if you wont steer us on topic then i'll give it a shot :icon_cool:

Hellow, just a quick message.... why could you not coordinate as well in FEAR as you are now able to in APOC? Had you done so you may not have had to bend over the proverbial barrel for an invite to an enemy tribe....

I spent some time in a rim tribe back on W16 (where I humbly await for something interesting to happen so I can log in again) and we went to war with the rank 5 tribe. I believe we were 5 mil and at the time they were 35?

Anyhow, we only battled in one continent in which I had a large presence at the time. Several times I contemplated leaving and going solo because of the fact the few players who could play were being dragged under by idiots sending nobles at villages we had already claimed etc. It's hard to act out to your full ability when you are surrounded by Monkeys :icon_idea:

Furthermore just to make things clear ill be personally opposing any invites to any of you who when we get to you tribehopping dropkicks who jumped from FEAR to APOC and have subsequently sent attacks at your former tribemates or at members of your former allies in INF... that even goes for my informants who have in the last few days launched attacks.

Over the short period of time that I have been watching y'all I have decided that you are a proud man Rudegar. However I feel that you may of shot yourself in the foot slightly. My personal opinion of war is that you kill the enemy until only their crem de la creme remains. You then take your pick and invite the enemy over for tea and cakes. By doing so you gain battle hardened members and can replace the inactives you gained during the months spent strangling the enemy.

However I am guessing that if my theory is correct and you are indeed a proud man you shan't go back on your word and invite any of these players if you are victorious. This may create a more time consuming aspect to your victory (if indeed it shall be yours) as you cannot simply replenish your ranks with the local natives.

howdidthathappen said:
They were gutless and amatuerish in defense against Apoc-W and from what I've seen and heard so far, there offense is no better. They're simply not a force in the macro W18 picture.

Rule number one, don't sling dirt at your enemy. If you do so and lose it's extremely embarrassing :icon_biggrin:

bcruss said:
We pretty much all agree that Apoc kinda sucks, but as long as we can play together and have fun, it doesn't matter.

Hi there :icon_eek:

I don't know much about the history of w18 as you well know but according to TW Stats you was a member of fear up until 31st August 2009 - 04:00:01. Are you the type of play Rudegar is referring to?

One of my pet hates are players that openly slate their tribes in public. Now maybe what you said was meant to be sarcastic but I am under the impression that it wasn't.

---

Apologies if it seems I am taking sides here but let it be known that I am not. It's just my opinion and I am in no way showing support to either side. :icon_eek:

Alf Hucker

truscott you can pack that in...we don't need any well thought out and sensible replies on topic here!

I believe bcruss might have been venting some anger over a few recent issues...deep down she knows Apoc is a thin, lean, war machine ;)

I also thought a previous posters comments regarding the position in the world you originally started in was an apt point - I've been trying to get out of the south-west corner since the start of the game and I was hoping to survive long enough to at least have one village somewhere else ;)

bomberace101

I've been trying to get out of the south-west corner since the start of the game and I was hoping to survive long enough to at least have one village somewhere else ;)

Gettin banned isn't gonna help with that :icon_rolleyes:

Rudegar

Ah you spelt my name wrong :p

Was that part of the banter or a genuine mistake? :icon_razz:

---

I guess if you wont steer us on topic then i'll give it a shot :icon_cool:

I spent some time in a rim tribe back on W16 (where I humbly await for something interesting to happen so I can log in again) and we went to war with the rank 5 tribe. I believe we were 5 mil and at the time they were 35?

Anyhow, we only battled in one continent in which I had a large presence at the time. Several times I contemplated leaving and going solo because of the fact the few players who could play were being dragged under by idiots sending nobles at villages we had already claimed etc. It's hard to act out to your full ability when you are surrounded by Monkeys :icon_idea:

dont go to war with tribes 7 times your size... rim useless tribe mates before going to war.... w16 sounds boring as hell

Over the short period of time that I have been watching y'all I have decided that you are a proud man Rudegar. However I feel that you may of shot yourself in the foot slightly. My personal opinion of war is that you kill the enemy until only their crem de la creme remains. You then take your pick and invite the enemy over for tea and cakes. By doing so you gain battle hardened members and can replace the inactives you gained during the months spent strangling the enemy.

idk, if you look at the main combatants, mim, with around 200 members, apoc, around 400 mebe, ba between 100 and 200 and S with under 100, i dare say even in the case of apoc it would be possible to pick 40 players who do 80% of the damage and absorb ander 5% of the losses... given that... even in the case of a tribe with 100 members, recruitment really isnt that important... personally in INF i highly opposed it and i think as a whole the fact enemies knew they were going to get rimmed rather than invited probably did more for us than a few invites would have.... and the way in which we attacked our enemie mercilessly did a lot for us as a group of players.

However I am guessing that if my theory is correct and you are indeed a proud man you shan't go back on your word and invite any of these players if you are victorious. This may create a more time consuming aspect to your victory (if indeed it shall be yours) as you cannot simply replenish your ranks with the local natives.

spot on

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't know much about the history of w18 as you well know but according to TW Stats you was a member of fear up until 31st August 2009 - 04:00:01. Are you the type of play Rudegar is referring to?

I assumed that all the people reading this thread knew the history...Yes, I was a duke of FEAR, and although the stats say diferent, it was basically my second tribe, My original tribe FKH went through some divisions and merges to become REBEL; Alf and I as the dukes joined FTTD (which became FEAR in another merge) and brought REBEL in as a sister/academy tribe

Second bit of history I assumed people reading the thread knew is that after Alf and I stepped down as Dukes of FEAR (due to RL issues), the dukes who replaced us first alienated Alf to the point he left the tribe (and did not join Apoc or any other tribe), and then transfered my account to Apoc-W while it was being sat. So no, I did not join Apoc because my tribe was loosing, or because I wanted to survive. I actually felt confident that once summer was over and I and Alf had time to play and plan again, and players came back, FEAR would give Apoc a good run for their money.

I think rattlesnake knew that as well, and that is why he knowingly invited a sat account into Apoc-W and let it continue to be sat by the duke of FEAR while it was in Apoc-W, it was the only way he could really deliver a serious blow to FEAR; we were not winning, but we were far from being defeated!

I came home from two weeks away to find myself in Apoc-W, a tribe I had no intention of ever joining, and that as far as my tribe knew I had abandoned them....no one but the leadership knew I was being sat. Even tho I had stepped down as duke until my family issues were resolved, most of the tribe still looked to me as leader, so I was not surprised that several had decided to join Apoc in my wake, nor that a number had decided to just quit.

As I said in my post, I just did not feel like trying to undo the damage that had been done by Techno and Gemallia, the new dukes of FEAR. I decided to just quit as well, but to wait out the week until my PA expired...then poolboy007 transferred me a month's points....I got talking to Erik and Alf and my friends who were in Apoc-W, and just decided to stay. I suppose at that point I could have been persuaded to move to INF or -MM- but the fact was, and is, I have a number of good friends in Apoc, after being allies for over a year, and enemies for a few months, there was a lot of respect and history there

My beginnings in Apoc were a bit rocky, as i also said in my post, I have been attacked by rattlesnake8 more since I joined apoc than when i was in FEAR...but I do not switch tribes easily: I would have preferred to have stayed with FEAR, but I was way too mad and hurt and to go back

After i decided to keep playing, several FEAR people who had quit decided they would start playing again if they could be in my tribe, and yes, I also asked some people still in FEAR to join me, and Alf, who was still tribeless....so we have ended up with the core group of FEAR actives also in Apoc, for better or for worse (better for Apoc, worse for IM/MI i hope)

One of my pet hates are players that openly slate their tribes in public. Now maybe what you said was meant to be sarcastic but I am under the impression that it wasn't.

Well, a bit sarcastic, and a bit not...and my tribe is Apoc-N, not Apoc, and I will be loyal to Apoc-N til I leave this world...in other words, rudegar, I am no more likely to be persuaded to join your tribe than i was persuaded to join Apoc, so unless you can persuade Erik to move me to -IM- sometime when he is sitting my account it will not ever be an issue

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I believe I just deleted 103 posts o_O

I'm not sure if it was worth it or I should of just closed the thread. Guess we can see if it can stay on topic though :p

When I posted Go Fallo! I was referring to bcruss. And I posted right after her post. Is my post irrelevant to this topic? Why was it deleted?

DeletedUser

Why did you delete Eriks epic win post?

New Zealand have a winning record against every nation they have played. They have won 340 of their 457 matches - 74.4% (see table), and have lost at home only 37 times. Since World Rankings were introduced by the IRB in October 2003, New Zealand have occupied the number one position for longer than any other country......

Eric no one cares about round ball games over here :icon_rolleyes: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.