A Social Draught!!

DeletedUser

This world somehow happens to be in a serious social crisis. The unusual lack of posts in the PnP forums, alongside the total absence of the idea of "PnP" has filled this forum with creepy stalkers peeking at threads in total stealth.

Furthermore, whatever few threads are there are simply a disgrace in the name of PnP, with most of them being random questions like 'Why did this happen?' .... ''Why doesnt the flag have Kim jong ill's face over it'... ''Why did the chicken cross the bridge?'' Etc.

Such negligence from many capable ones out there, truely has turned place into a graveyard of Random stupidity. And somehow, such stupidities are no longer punished it seems.

Its not necessary to have Openeyes go at the funny mails, nor is ti necessary to have Lokinder's addictive war declarations. However it is very weird to see other recent world's forums to have a significantly higher PnP activity.

To revive the concept of PnP and to bring people back in here, what can be done? Speculate......

-Miss Cup Cake ^^

DeletedUser113814

The more this game gets played the smarter the players get. The more posts people post on the forums about how great their tribe is and what they have and who their freinds are is just intell for the other tribe to take note and use it to their advantage. The more people go quiet the less they know about people and tribes and it all becomes a game of tribalwars in the dark.

This is like a politics site. A lot of hoo haa and nothing ever gets done. Rarely have i seen an alliance being formed here and the only thing that gets done is mass recruiting which never lasts and arguments which for the most part is interesting to read when theirs nothing to do

DeletedUser

I just joined the world, I'll write a few PnP's here and there as we grow. I am on a small account. This world has been mainly used for the use of gaining PP without actually spending a cent. There isn't many competitive players.

- Jake

DeletedUser

The more this game gets played the smarter the players get. The more posts people post on the forums about how great their tribe is and what they have and who their freinds are is just intell for the other tribe to take note and use it to their advantage. The more people go quiet the less they know about people and tribes and it all becomes a game of tribalwars in the dark.

This is like a politics site. A lot of hoo haa and nothing ever gets done. Rarely have i seen an alliance being formed here and the only thing that gets done is mass recruiting which never lasts and arguments which for the most part is interesting to read when theirs nothing to do

Well I would have expected a bit more knowledgeable answer, from the member of a seemingly progressive tribe. A little learning can be a dangerous thing eh?.

W1 - DDR fiasco ~ W2 - 3 The huge family thing organized by some idiot ~ W6 - Way to many PnP influenced side changes ~ W8 - BLOC ~ W10 - DIE gaining favor due to Harlos's pnp ~ W 13 - Freekism ~ W19...... :) Random :) ~ and an ever so ongoing list...................PnP was the deciding factor in all of those. And besides, I'm aware of many individuals [unfortunately not in this game anymore maybe] who could easily decide the fate of a skilled premade through PnP.

A little learning can be a dangerous thing dear, tread carefully. ^^

DeletedUser

Social engineering and backlash are usually what cause the great PnP's and wars. There's no doubt on that. With the forums going quiet, they're keeping it in-game. Believe it or not, the forums aren't for public declarations or slander fests... It's actually to discuss the happenings of W72, settings, other players, or ask questions in general about features related to this world.

You can't really say there's a lack when there are plenty of new players still around who don't know the externals are used to socially slander almost everyone but favor the one's in their own tribe.

Not to mention that all worlds are like this on start-up. It takes a good 6 months before we see the forums starting to take off, for the sole fact that by then, there's declarations left right and center, and we all know that it's one tribe aligned with another tribe against said tribe/allies. It's always the same.

DeletedUser113814

Miss Cup Cake please to not take my reply as harsh or offensive words please =) I was making more of a suggestion of why people may not be talking alot. To keep to them selves so no one can gather intel on them, Aye your right learning is fun and great advantage i constantly am looking for things on this forum i can gather for my knowledge. I wouldnt post anything about my tribe due to people figuring things out. But FatEmoLLaMa makes a good point the world is being used for gaining PP

DeletedUser104118

Listen up Cup Cake. PnP is dying because people possibly like yourself

- Pick apart any pnp post they can
- Overall Snobbery
- General Hate

To make a post and receive gratitude and good feedback
you have to write like Dan Brown. I'm not saying that's a bad thing
I'm saying that's why many people get put off making PnPs or even posting replies.

I seen a guy make a PnP asking for co-players, by the 3rd reply it had broken into
an argument with people calling each other noobs and other silly non-sense..

People love the opportunity to cause a stir or make themselves feel better by putting others down.

It won't change. I think people should be brave & know what to expect..

One last thing it could be better advertised in-game ^^

DeletedUser113814

Well he would be lying if you didnt have a little stab at my intelligence Miss Cup Cake.

DeletedUser

Yeah I'd have to agree, it's due to the world only being as old as it is. Give it another 2-3 months and I'd reckon it'll have a lot more threads worth discussing in. For the most part we all just come on here just to gather intel on other people.. I try my best to post on anything that's worth discussing, but at these early times there really isn't much to discuss what-so-ever .

And I also agree no-one (including myself) wants to make a mistake in what they say in these forums as the back-lash is usually a given. Although I haven't experienced any rude people on this world so far, I'm sure I will though.

There's also not as many active players on this server compared to former worlds, too often I see people take off to 300-500 points only to sit there and only log on every 2-3 days to put in a few things. Which don't get me wrong I love people building up farms around me and then disappear but it is only gonna make this world end alot sooner as the more inward core tribes will have much more room to expand quickly outwards, Kind of like EN65 in which there was no competition for many of the largest tribes and they expanded outwards very rapidly compared to worlds of the yester-years; This turned into a few of the largest tribes merging into one huge tribe and now the world is in the end phase.

Anyways I'll do my best to be as active in these forums as I can to keep the conversations going, but it takes more then just a few active players like us to keep it from getting redundant , it takes PnP and people sharing their developments in their areas of the world ( Which like people have been saying no one wants to in the case of sh!t talking ) .

Anyway Bongo Bongo away.

rich26ca

Challenge Accepted....

W8 - BLOC

ah world 8 was great PnP former REL member here... great PnP great wars ;) good old days... Not to say this world won't have its time. Its been my experience that each world has a phase of time where the forums are good, bad and horrible... depends on the sway players at the time... also never seen a tribe last a whole world either so top 20 this early in really means nothing... at the very least people will change names with leader... as time marches on things change. But everyone here are pretty experienced players hence why were all talking here most new players don't really ever look at the world forums.

As for the debauchery of the forums and roasting people should be expected... heck TW is tame... i haven't seen a single chuck Norris picture like what the...

[spoil]
chuck-norris-fist.jpg
[/spoil]

or a sore winner post where a player feels a need to come out and let you know he and his tribe have achieved an

[spoil]
Epicwin.jpg
[/spoil]

And not one single post about dead babies.... thats gotta be a record... well i think i talked about 8 pound 3 ounce baby jesus (My fav jesus)

But this guy is a close second though....

[spoil]
SniperJesus.jpg
[/spoil]

Well thats my PnP for the night... sorry no wars to speak of yet... heck only been playing for like 30 days ;P

~Rich

DeletedUser

I can't be bothered reading your rants. Though PnP's are a great part of the game. Javanshir, for an example is a great player who does exceptional PnP's :)

DeletedUser

Listen up Cup Cake. PnP is dying because people possibly like yourself

- I dont have any general hatred, well not anymore atleast.

- About snobbery? - Well arrogance is great when you can afford it. :icon_wink:

- Picking apart every other posts, well, PnP is just another aspect of the game, how about you stop farming every other newbie around you? Well the mean number of people playing has also decreased per world, and maybe I should go around blaming every other decent or semi decent players?

This is the Public forum my dear, the moment you take a aggressive tone towards someone, be ready to be able to fend yourself and back your own words. ^^

katunaka

Hmm, guess I went abit harsh on you since it seemed your post would further demoralize people from using these forums.

And about intel? Well unless off-course you are a part of the tribal hierarchy, or posts are made from a plural point of view, it is nothing but your own opinion and argument. So relax, the max people could possibly do is see through an alias by their writing pattern :p

@ Sentient Sentinal

Well, guess your statement makes sense, however it is my first world since W-39. And back in the days worlds would kick off with people like Openeye messing around with words and posting them on "Funny In Game Mail".. and overal quality of even that thread has gone down. So either people in general grew smarter and stopped sending funny mails, or well, the person on the other end had a decrease in IQ lvl to realize the humor.

I have a feeling, its just me, comparing the dying days of a game with its relatively young ones.:icon_sad: . Meh, nevermind me, guess I'm just a grumpy old-man stuck in prehistoric times. -_-

@rich26ca

And W8 was blessed by one of my all time fav poster, and my leader, Jpholman. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rich26ca

And W8 was blessed by one of my all time fav poster, and my leader, Jpholman.

That guys was awesome new him well.. i would say it was him and DATAM which i almost had playing this world ;(

obviously im a bit bais as i went with REL but bother were great leaders would have won that world if they hadn't exploded on each other.

DeletedUser

That guys was awesome new him well.. i would say it was him and DATAM which i almost had playing this world ;(

obviously im a bit bais as i went with REL but bother were great leaders would have won that world if they hadn't exploded on each other.

I wonder if anyone bought his books ^^

DeletedUser

Well I would have expected a bit more knowledgeable answer, from the member of a seemingly progressive tribe. A little learning can be a dangerous thing eh?.

W1 - DDR fiasco ~ W2 - 3 The huge family thing organized by some idiot ~ W6 - Way to many PnP influenced side changes ~ W8 - BLOC ~ W10 - DIE gaining favor due to Harlos's pnp ~ W 13 - Freekism ~ W19...... :) Random :) ~ and an ever so ongoing list...................PnP was the deciding factor in all of those. And besides, I'm aware of many individuals [unfortunately not in this game anymore maybe] who could easily decide the fate of a skilled premade through PnP.

A little learning can be a dangerous thing dear, tread carefully. ^^

hehe I remember my part in free-eekism, that started as spam, and developed into something, well it became totally awesome!

I agree PnP is dying off, but the majority of the reasons why are simple enough. People look through the PnP already done, and alot of them are intimidated by the general high quality expected now. Also, has there really been any wars of note? Besides the cruel/pigs bash that happened I dont think there has.

Also, you got to accept that the externals are dying. There used to be a day when I could spend an hour running through all the new posts on the worlds I played, and then spend another hour trawling through off-topica. Now I just watch seasons of stuff while things happen in my villa, and spend maybe 10 minutes looking through the forums every few hours or so. We need a campaign to actually get players back on here, but the 'established' forum personalities just chop down anyone who tries new pnp, or any nub who comes to the externals...

DeletedUser

Established forum personalities? From where I see, none of them I hold in high regards are here atm. Thus it gives a chance to any creative new forum dwellers.

This is what this thread was meant for, a campaign to get people in here a bit more, and cant say that it didnt attract the attention of a few atleast. ^^.

And dear old madnasher how have you been?

DeletedUser

I am good thanks Miss Cup Cakes.... Would I know you under any other name?

As for the personalities, they dont seem to be around that much atm, I think they are occupied with uk18, just popping up every so often to throw in a comment or interjection.

May of the older posters I held in high regards seem to have disappeared; harlos, hastyr, Lord Castellan, Openeyes to name a few. Not seen any of them about the forums at all...

DeletedUser

Sad, all of you are growing old it seems, either having problems with eyesight or just memory loss hmm?

DeletedUser

Well, its been almost half a decade after all. Nowadays the forum is flooded with random people using rainbow themes, once upon a time it used to be only Random people. ^^

Last edited by a moderator: