A TLA Announcement: War on Treachery

DeletedUser

A damageboi123 production, on behalf of TLA F.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

King Julius stood by the open window, gazing out over the barren blood soaked frontline of K44. The setting sun splashed gold along a distant crest so that it seemed to hang in the air unsupported, a vein of light in the distance. Behind him, the murmur of conversation rose and fell without interrupting his thoughts. He could smell honeysuckle on the breeze and the touch of it in his nostrils made his own rank sweat even more pungent as the delicate fragrance shifted in the air and was gone.

It had been a long day. When he pressed a hand against his eyes, he could feel a surge of exhaustion rise in him like dark water. The voices in the campaign room mingled with the creak of chairs and the rustle of maps. How many hundreds of evenings had he spent on the upper floor of the fort with those men? The routine had become a comfort for them all at the end of a day, and even when there was nothing to discuss, they still gathered in the campaign rooms to drink and talk. It kept TLA’s capital city, K62, alive in their minds and at times they could almost forget that they had not seen their homes and families for more than four years.

The days had flown as he rose and slept with the sun and TLA had made towns in the wilderness of Shadow territory. On the coast, a rustic Shadow village had been liberated and transformed with lime and wood and paint until it was almost a new city veneered over the old. They had laid roads to chain the land and bridges that opened the wild hills to settlers. Julius had worked with a frenetic, twitching energy in those first years, using exhaustion like a drug to force away his memories. At nights when he could not sleep, he would leave his sweat-soaked bed and ride out to watch the posts, appearing out of the darkness unannounced until the TLA watch-guards were as nervous and tired as he was himself.

At first, Julius had embraced the marauding push of TLA forces across Shadow territory, causing slaughter and destruction to the initially weak enemy forces in the frontline. His forces had gained a whole K in land within a couple months, and support from the back was plentiful. However the dreaded, powerful, battle hardened elite forces of Shadow had arrived from the Far East, and they came in their millions like a swarm of locusts. This month had been tough, and a realisation dawned that this war would last a lot longer yet for all his men. Julius wiped his tears at the remembrance of his fallen comrade Geryon, stabbed through the heart by a hooked shadow scimitar. He looked in to the far distance, and saw the black camps of Shadow entrenched in their camps, and could hear the rowdy, vile cries of their men as they rejoiced in bloodthirsty furor. Julius shook his head as he contemplated the possibility of a stalemate; he felt sorry for the line of fatigued faces, manning the walls of the fort with their longbows. But he knew that these men were in a better position than those in the far north. Latest news suggested that T*UNIT beasts, were crashing their magical incendiary bombs on TLA walls. Julius shivered at such a thought, and feared for the few TLA forces based there.

The room was warm with the press of bodies. The maps of the frontlines were stretched out on low tables, held by weights. Julius could hear Renius arguing with Brutus and the low cadence of Domitius chuckling. Only the giant Ciro was silent. Yet even those who spoke were marking time until Julius joined them. They were good men. Each one of them had stood with him against enemies and through grief and there were times when Julius could imagine how it might have been to cross the world with them. He bowed his head as the evening breeze touched his face.

“My Majesty, King Julius, a REM soldier and deserter is here to speak to you, he says he has important news for the wellbeing of TLA. I have stripped him of his weapons. Would you like to speak to him, Sir?”

Julius frowned. REM had been allies with TLA, and had co-existed together. He had always treated them well and never considered ridding their influence of REM territory. However, recently REM had been slowly expanding in TLA territory, stealing claims and nobling barbs; even taking TLA inactives without permission. Julius nodded and watched a small, rat-like man, covered in dirt, enter his room. The man looked nervous as he glanced around at the map-laden tables and the jugs of wine, clearly awed by the people within. His clothes were too small for his gangling limbs and the face was caught in the change between man and boy, though there was no softness in the bony jaw. As their eyes met, the soldier hesitated, stumbling.

“Well?” Julius said.

The soldier swallowed as he met the dark eyes of his enemy’s king. There was no kindness in that hard fleshless face, and the young soldier stammered slightly.

“My name is Adan, a clerk for the REM leadership. I have urgent news to tell you. REM are planning with Shadow to take TLA down. Your exposed flanks and backs are prime targets for REM troops, and Shadow and REM leadership has been meticulously planning for the last few weeks.”

“If these are lies, I will kill you, Adan” Julius replied heartlessly.

The young man froze, then shook his head, his expression wavering between fear and determination. He could see faces turned towards him in the rool and his courage seemed to desert him then at the thought of stepping into their midst. He might have held back if the guard hadn’t shoved him across the threshold.

“I have worked under the REM leadership for years. I have seen the mails and good will that you, Sir, have sent to them, and your complete trust in them. I was struck by the lack of morals and deceit of the REM leadership, and I could not bear to see TLA backstabbed in such a Machiavellian manner. These REM leaders are greedy, and selfish, and want only to expand. They have been in contact with T*UNIT for the whole length of your war with them, and had even considered merging with them to war TLA together. Your trust in REM has been completely ignored by them. They are planning an offensive on your exposed backs right now, and you must be ready. I warn you, Sir”.

Julius stared at the man in shock. He could not believe that REM could do such a thing.

“Have you got any hard proof?”

“Yes. Here are some copies of mails I received”.

Adan placed down some documents on the low table. Julius picked it up and opened up the scrolls. Julius saw that the first one was a conversation between REM and T*UNIT leadership:

[spoil]
REMWM? - mattshelldomain on 01.02. at 06:15
lol, i would like to be the scratching post lol

T*UNIT - CatgirlSakura on 01.02. at 06:17
TLA has that position currently.
Last I checked, T*UNIT was helping to kick TLA's ass. Grow a set of balls and join T*UNIT so we can kick TLA's collective ass together... fight Side by Side with kitty.

=^.^=

REMWM? - mattshelldomain on 01.02. at 06:28

oh i got balls but i can only voice my opinion…Oh and by the way catgirl i would love to fight side by side against TLA ...that is a no-brainer....with you

T*UNIT - CatgirlSakura on 01.02. at 17:56

If you mail me at your leasure, Ill send a request over for our coord attack forum. It works better then mails.

REMWM? - stevethefish on 22.01. at 00:56
Now compared with dsl who i know very little about seem to have a similar philosophy to ourselves.I think its a case of organizing a merge with t-unit .Biggest thing is our name ,a merge is a merge we join each other .
a mixed co council of 3 /4 members of both tribes etc and we will be fine against tla

REMWM? - Killed By Death on 23.01. at 23:32

I would say, split and fake a double merge- half with T*UNIT and half (THE LOYALISTS) with TLA, who go inside and pick info around for a while then we break and attack from the inside, a cunning but controversial strategy.

REMWM? - lithos1575 on 23.01. at 23:50

KBD might work but I dought it. They may be a**holes but but they watch very well.
[/spoil]

Julius stared down at the document in shock. He could not believe his generosity in even letting them exist had been repaid by such treachery, even planning to merge with the monsters of T*UNIT. Julius lifted the second document, seemingly a mail by Iegea, the REM leader who he had treated so well, to his council members:

Iegea on 01.02. at 17:50

Right now I am making a mail to send to tribe to start stacking front lines against TLA as it is time to start having some fun. Its now or never we are gonna push our way from K32 up after our support gets back from where it is.I grow tired of hitting small tribes. It is time to use what we have and either go out in style or Kick some butt.This was more to get to know eachother so we can probably in the end merge up, but to basicaly get ball rolling on fighting together and such.

Julius scrunched up the document in anger and threw it in the fire, and Adan backed off in fright. Everyone stood in frightened anticipation at Julius’ next move. He slowly lifted his head, and stared at every man standing with a blazing gaze.

“Leave this fort guarded with our archers and Battalions 1 and 2. Domitius, you are in charge. The rest, we are turning back. REM will pay. No mercy”

The generals clamoured loudly as they noisily grunted their appreciation. Julius went outside. Julius worried that Shadow will penetrate the TLA frontline, but was reassured by the determined faces of TLA’s archers, the most renowned in the world, Domitius’ fearless and experienced rule of the two best battalions, as well as the impenetrable fortress they had built.

Julius looked far into the vast expanse of the West, upon REM territory.

“They will pay for this. They will be destroyed” he whispered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TLA declares on REM and REMII

Pre-War Stats:

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: TLA Arisen

Side 2:
Tribes: REM REMII

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 200
Side 2: 87
Difference: 113

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 1,905,686
Side 2: 774,594
Difference: 1,131,092

image.php

[/spoil]

Good Luck REM. You will need it.
Let us have some funJ

*DMGboi*
Duke of TLA and Arisen

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser79621

i'm going to be honest, i haven't read it yet but scrolled down to the bottom to see who you were declaring on... i don't have enough time to read it fully but i will do ^^

DeletedUser

Alas, the time has come for me to prove myself in battle here on W29.
Time to get some blood on my hands :icon_twisted:

-Meat Grinder

DeletedUser79621

ok, now i actually read it all ^^ very nice declaration Damage,i'm assuming you've not used IG names to not give away too much about who's going to be fighting on specific Frontlines.

DeletedUser

I know i am biased but that was a great read, time to load the spear nukes.

DeletedUser

ahh Sparta's Finest will have their revenge on REM!

anyone REMember that war? it was funnn ^^

DeletedUser62494

Mmmmm more war......

Bring on the death destruction and mayhem...:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

DMG= warrior poet

rebelherb= proud TLA soldier

REM= dead meat

BossMan07

I hate reading lol nice post DMG i was confused at first when i started.....

DeletedUser

You realize how good shadow arecompared to REM when you start attacking them.I really feel sorry for some of there smaller members of REM,there leaders never really gave you guys much of a chance and instead of sharing inactives it looks like chelsea and iegea took them all themselves.Small members of REM dont worry these very players are going to die so get out when you have the chance and do not support them,they wouldnt support you i bet there only interested in there points,looking at some of there villages we have attacked that they call stacked that is.FBIman will be turning in his grave at the present REM leadership.tututut.:lol:

DeletedUser

I agree, a very good little read and more entertaining way of declaring war. You should write all your posts in this format damage...give me something worth reading on here lol.

DeletedUser

The end of REM is near. Look forward to seeing the funny reports.