A tool to list all barbs in a continent

dalesmckay

Farm Finder Script:
[SPOIL]
Code:
javascript:
	var debugEnabled=true;
	var branch='http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25377948/twscripts/';
	(window.main||self).$.getScript(branch+'jquery.tw.farmfinder.js',function(){$.twFarmFinder(branch,debugEnabled);});
	void(0);
[/SPOIL]

Screen Shot
[SPOIL]
screenshot20111025at114.png
[/SPOIL]

This script can be run from pretty much any screen.
It should be fairly self-explainatory.

NOTE: you will have to manually refresh the Village World DAT file when you want.
It can take several minutes to download, so be patient.
The data gets cached to your browser localStorage and can not be refreshed more than once per hour.

If you have issues using the MapRegion, make sure the Radius is set to 0 or has an empty value.
MapRegion TL - this is the Top Left co-ordinate of the Region.
MapRegion BR - this is the Bottom Right co-ordinate of the Region.

The script is still a work in progress.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Farm Finder Script:
[SPOIL]
Code:
javascript:
    var debugEnabled=true;
    (window.main||self).$.getScript(branch+'jquery.tw.farmfinder.js',function(){$.twFarmFinder(branch,debugEnabled);});
    void(0);
[/SPOIL]

Here's v1.0 of my new Farm Finder.

I don't have time right now to make it pretty and add more functionality, but I will enhance ASAP.

Currently it will list ALL barb villages for the continent you enter (or for ALL continents).
It can be run from pretty much any screen.

NOTE: it caches the villages World DAT in your browser localStorage.
And the data will be refreshed if it is older than 1 hour.

Edit: Co-ordinates will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.

I use firefox... my screen freezes and displays this at bottom. I took a screenshot because the window was frozen and I couldn't copy and paste it.

[spoil]
2ata4
495a3d60c61b4fbc809e947.png
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]
Farm Finder Script:
[SPOIL]
Code:
javascript:
	var debugEnabled=true;
	void(0);
[/SPOIL]

Here's v1.0 of my new Farm Finder.

I don't have time right now to make it pretty and add more functionality, but I will enhance ASAP.

Currently it will list ALL barb villages for the continent you enter (or for ALL continents).
It can be run from pretty much any screen.

NOTE: it caches the villages World DAT in your browser localStorage.
And the data will be refreshed if it is older than 1 hour.

Edit: Co-ordinates will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
[/SPOIL]

Thanks Dales, it works perfect!!! Wanted something like this long ago.

King, i am waiting about 2-3 minutes i think till i get the coords. (Not complaining of course, just saying :))

dalesmckay

[SPOIL]I use firefox... my screen freezes and displays this at bottom. I took a screenshot because the window was frozen and I couldn't copy and paste it.

[spoil]
2ata4
495a3d60c61b4fbc809e947.png
[/spoil][/SPOIL]

Hmm... your world has waaaaaaaaaaaay more villages than the Beta2 world that I tested on. lol
Your screen is not frozen, it is busy downloading the village world data file (which is several MB in your case).
I would suggest running the script in it's own Tab so you can continue playing in another Tab.

I'll look at trying to speed this up by downloading the compressed data file and decompressing it locally, but it may not be possible with javascript.

In the meantime, try playing around with the refreshDataHours value in the new edited launcher script to see what works best for you.
Originally, I had it set to refresh the data if it was more than 1 hour old.
I've now changed the default to refresh if it is more than 24 hours old.
These means it will take a while to run the first time you use it, but will be quick each successive run the next 24 hours after.

[SPOIL]

Thanks Dales, it works perfect!!! Wanted something like this long ago.

King, i am waiting about 2-3 minutes i think till i get the coords. (Not complaining of course, just saying :))
[/SPOIL]

See my reply to King Arturus above about improving the performance.

Also, I have done most of the testing using Opera... so perhaps Firefox doesn't perform so well???

DeletedUser

Dale... yes it works for me if I wait awhile. I just didn't think about it. Until it can filter barbs based on point level it doesn't help me much though. So I will be looking forward to that update when ever you have time. When it does it it will be extremely useful since it can be done in game and without the need of loading world data to an external server. Thanks for your work.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It asked me if I wanted to increase the data TW could store on my computer 3 times before it gave the coords. That was a lot of bards it gave.

I then thought thats way too many to farm still. due to distance.

The best option for me not seen on any coord type script but on the map page of mytwstats is a top left bottom right option & it picks all coords within that area.

This would stop the overlap I get at present I've slowly been placing villages around the world to farm areas but the set up takes forever at present as a radius is the only option I've seen.

File Not Found

It asked me if I wanted to increase the data TW could store on my computer 3 times before it gave the coords. That was a lot of bards it gave.

I then thought thats way too many to farm still. due to distance.

The best option for me not seen on any coord type script but on the map page of mytwstats is a top left bottom right option & it picks all coords within that area.

This would stop the overlap I get at present I've slowly been placing villages around the world to farm areas but the set up takes forever at present as a radius is the only option I've seen.

Contact me on skype, I have something I want to let you try out.... It's perfect for use in conjunction with this script, but is still unreleased, until I make some finishing touches.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Sorry FnF missed this post will try to catch you on skype.

Wartool is no more which is a shame.

waterdrinker

http://www.twmentor.com/?tool=finder

will allow you make a list of all the barbs.
just pick hte center point of the K.
eg
450|450
radius 50

may not be 100% as continents are not round but square.
so try a higher number.

*personally i use it to list all the barbs in the world so i can farm better*

The bad thing about this tool is the max village size is 12000 even though my world goes up to 12355.

Mails to the site author go unanswered :(

DeletedUser

now that fluffy is down, any chance of getting this script updated with sorting by player ability?

We're in some wars and it's a very important part of my attack / defense scripts.

Thanks!

-M

Stotty2009

now that fluffy is down, any chance of getting this script updated with sorting by player ability?

We're in some wars and it's a very important part of my attack / defense scripts.

Thanks!

-M

Sort by player ability...What? lol

DeletedUser

great tool Dale :D

would it be possible to make the window drag-able,i play on a tiny notebook most the time and im not seeing the whole box :( i assume the refresh world data is down the bottom :(

DeletedUser

Sort by player ability...What? lol

Ha I mean the ability to sort by a player, not sort by how good a player is...

Like I really need to be able to export all "player-X" villages between the coordinates of 500|300 and 550|350, that kind of function.

dalesmckay

The Farm Finder Script in this post has been updated.
You can now search by radius from a co-ordinate, list of players, list of tribes.

More updates to come as I find the time & motivation.

DeletedUser101441

how do you get only the coordinates within tribalwars map, not only the map but the text with all the villages?
is this possible?