abcnews reports terror attack imminent in london

DeletedUser

Anyone live in the UK? :icon_sad:

London Braces for Attack; 'Miracle' If There Isn't One
December 21, 2006 10:42 AM

Brian Ross and Richard Esposito Report:

British intelligence and law enforcement officials have passed on a grim assessment to their U.S. counterparts, "It will be a miracle if there isn't a terror attack over the holidays in London," a senior American law enforcement official tells ABCNews.com.

British police have been quietly carrying out a series of key arrests as they continue to track at least six active "plots" tied to what they call "al Qaeda of England."

Officials said they could not cite any specific date or target but said al Qaeda had planned previous operations during the Christmas holidays that had been disrupted.

Authorities say they are seeking at least 18 suspected suicide bombers.

"They hope they are one step ahead, but they seriously fear they may be one step behind," the senior American official said.

British law enforcement and intelligence officials say the ongoing plots have been in the planning stages for at least three years. The officials say the plots are all connected and track back to al Qaeda commanders in Pakistan who have been recruiting and training British citizens of Pakistan descent.

A report by "Newsweek" says that American al Qaeda figure Adam Gadahn has served as a translator of a 12-member team of Western recruits, the "English brothers," said to be preparing an attack that would be much bigger than last year's attack on the London subway system.

Watch ABCNews' undercover video of the active al Qaeda recruitment efforts inside Pakistan.

U.S. officials say the "Newsweek" report is, in many respects, parallel to intelligence reports they have been receiving.

British Home Minister John Reid recently told reporters that it was "highly likely" that terrorists would attempt an attack before the first of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great! Just the news I wanted to hear before christmas!:icon_sad:

DeletedUser3514

"British intelligence" is this the same people who told us about WMD in Iraq?

DeletedUser

seeing as how london was hit last year with the subway attack Id be a little nervous in public places there right now

DeletedUser

Should this be under the propaganda thread?

Seriously, they want to over-exaggerate the "threat" so that when no attacks come they can declare a victory over terrorism...

Mr.Darky

the threat? If you haven't kept up with news it recent years let me give you an insight. around this time of year, this great holly time of year, the most destruction of non-asian terrorism occurst. EXPECCIALLY in london. ...at least every years theres a blast of suicide or bombing. Trust me.

Spank86

ah well, if its not the Islamics its the Irish so i say ignore it.

Mr.Darky

Pff- if you lived there you wouldn't, this time of year somebody tries to give someplace the good feeling of H.E.DUBBLEHOCKEYSTICKS :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

the threat? If you haven't kept up with news it recent years let me give you an insight. around this time of year, this great holly time of year, the most destruction of non-asian terrorism occurst.

I kept up with the news, from my knowledge there has not been a major terrorist attack in London since the 1990s except for the the bombings in July. I really hope you're being sarcastic...

Mr.Darky

I kept up with the news, from my knowledge there has not been a major terrorist attack in London since the 1990s except for the the bombings in July. I really hope you're being sarcastic...

No body said completely major with hundreds of people dying...:icon_evil:

Mr.Darky

As an Irish man I resent that !

No-, why should YOU resent that? The worst the Irish could do is if they went a little mad. As an Irish man you should say you should ignore it because were not warmongers who like to kill people

Spank86

As an Irish man I resent that !

well i'm sorry, but it has happened before. my point was we've been through it before and we could all die tommorow anyway so why stress,

Oh and for Mr Darkey's info i dont live there but i travel there often.

DeletedUser4682

The English are a strong nation undaunted by threats of suicide bombers and terrorist attacks. We put up with the IRA for a long time.

We fear not