About the topics removed

• Thread starter Deleted User - 9431221
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 9431221

While I understand your intention to keep the forum clean, why is discussing how people cheat not allowed?

A forum investigation might help you catch the cheaters. At the same time, it might warn them of being investigated and they would do a better job at hiding their tracks, but how can you expect the community to "behave" when all the reports sent to you didn't fix anything? It's pretty clear how some cheat and we understand that you cannot ban anyone without undeniable proof, but you have to understand that until we see the results of your work, catching the cheaters, as you announced you would be more severe than usual on this tournament, you'll simply annoy the community by censoring everything. But if this is more severe, I assume normal worlds are 10% real people, 90% push accounts? Because you don't seem to be doing much, deleted some 60 pts push accounts and that's about it, the main accounts always seem to get away, although the patterns for how entire tribes conquer are clear, the low ODA, a lot of loot and low plunders in some people in the top farming spots clearly show they are pushing. When you report someone with 100 plunders and 1 mill looted and 0 ODA, and that person doesn't get banned, how can you expect the community to just suck it up?

Transparency would calm people down a bit, instead you choose to hide your investigation and prevent us from having a discussion about it, fueling the idea that the mods are biased even more. We know it's getting old, but just because it's old, doesn't mean it's not true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master of Puppets

Reaction score
Agreed Dase, at this point without a statement it feels like the entire community is slightly unless they say "They aren't cheating from what we see". At that point I'd feel content with any decision that was made. I feel though without the comment that the community is going to become bitter to this. Thanks for posting something we were all thinking.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
We don't allow discussion of cheating because they never stay civil, and having people accuse each other of cheating all over the forums have no tangible benefits whatsoever. Those accusations only belong in the support system.

There will never be any full transparency - a ban is always between the moderation team and the account in question, no one else. GDPR doesn't allow us to share results of investigations or anything such with people not involved.

And while we do indeed impose more severe punishments on tournament, we will not and cannot budge from the simple fact that to ban someone, we require proof. That "everyone knows" something isn't proof. We have to find proof within our systems. You wouldn't like if we started to ban for anything but that, because then we truly would be biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.