Academy check

DeletedUser2250

Huh? Ronaldinho has several 1000+ point villages near him, and the other guy has a few 600+

Not worth it. At least 2500 points so you can get near another academy so you can get another village and so on.

DeletedUser

Not worth it. At least 2500 points so you can get near another academy so you can get another village and so on.
Whats the difference between a) capturing a 1000 point village now and building it up to 2500 over the next few weeks, and b) waiting a few weeks to capture a 2500 point village?

DeletedUser2515

Whats the difference between a) capturing a 1000 point village now and building it up to 2500 over the next few weeks, and b) waiting a few weeks to capture a 2500 point village?

the amount of troops you could have.

DeletedUser

But youd have more troops if you captured it now and built it up.

DeletedUser5914

interesting question, i suppose if you wait then it will be far easier to get the resources to pay for your noble because you will have higher production, so it will in fact be easier to wait and take a 2500 point village, and at a village of 1000 points your army will become stretched especially early in the game and you cant produce troops as quickly due to lower level barracks

later in the game morale also comes into it

DeletedUser

troop production times will always be relative, the only important question in deciding whether to aim for nobling early or not is: how active are u.

DeletedUser6728

troop production times will always be relative, the only important question in deciding whether to aim for nobling early or not is: how active are u.

Are you saying active players should noble early?

BlackHeretic

That someone else is gonna do the job of building it up for you.

DeletedUser

Well, i just wrote an essay on that but i'll keep it concise for once :)

For an active player the march to nobles should (imo) take precedence over expandng the plant base, the majority of his targets early on will be those who went the opposite route, giving good spoils for low cost (morale and actual troop cost-wise), just as people theorised that thierry would end up disenfranchised by his apparent scorched earth policy, it's obvious that there's a balance to be found between raiding and letting future farms grow for future nobling. With this in mind nobling the biggest target available doesn't always sound like the best plan.

Also as a raider, nobling a village at high lvl plant imo is less important than nobling the villages of other raiders - or atleast those who've given a higher priority towards their progression to nobling. The usefulness of the points gained for the raider assuming all else is equal: less points but less building required to academy = better.

and it ended up as an essay anyway, just missing a dozen or so factors, eh. ||Most especially of all the new noblng system.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6576

The amount of troops in the 2500point village compared to a 1000point village is quite alot, so it will be much easier to take over the 1000point village

Phonixfire

I think you should all build academies and completely forgo troop building, leave your villages defenceless, nobody will dare attack you when your points are so high!

Right guys, get 'em now...

DeletedUser

a higher score just implies a superior capacity to produce troops, not that they have any.

DeletedUser2569

If you do the latter you would have a much more solid defence for both villages. As all goes, the real actions starts when nobles come in and the truely good players rise to the top coz they got troops to defend their villages and conquer more. Its a war game not a grow points game, at the end of the day however much points you have, if your troops are inferior, you would loose all your points it's just a matter of time, points are useless if you cant defend them and good players defend their points well.

The Belgarion

a higher score just implies a superior capacity to produce troops, not that they have any.

Exactly, plus i doubt somehow they they'll have over 2k of spears and swords.

And any decent player will easily be able to take that out.

DeletedUser

he...to prove points dont matter, one of my friends got attacked a few days ago by over 3k axes and 2k LC or something like that....i have to get that report

tpwch

the first noble has been built. I wonder which of the two top players got it.