Advice For Noob!

DeletedUser

Since protection expired I've been attacked ten or more times by the same player with many more points and a tribe behind him.

Unfortunately also parked right next to my village.

Repeated plundering was bad enough but last time he arrived with two dozen rams and I was probably lucky to lose only my wall.

Right now I'm rebuilding the wall and abandoning improvements while using resources to scrape up what troops I can before the inevitable next attacks and was wondering if there's anything I can do other than give up and start another village.

DeletedUser

call milita, keep warehouse low, build hideing place to max, and build troops, dodge all the time.

if he cant get anything from you village he will stop farming you.

but if that wont work all you can do is restart :/

DeletedUser

Which will probably have to happen in the end(restart), if you haven't been growing fast enough and everyone around you is much bigger already. When you restart, read this though:
TeachU TW guide

DeletedUser

Actually I've been growing much faster than several other villages which started around the time I did, my suspicion being that they saw someone with 1500+ points and a tribe as they were just starting and walked away.

In fact I think I've grown a bit faster than my nemesis and as fast as two other villages in the area, both of whom have tribes they belong too.

Other than my tormentor I really am not outclassed in the area but did not build an army as soon as possible, instead trying to build up and hoping I wouldn't be targetted the moment I lost protection. Ah, well. I'll check out your link, warham. Thanks!:)

zachary.2, thanks to you as well!:)

DeletedUser

Well, you have to build troops as soon as you can. Those troops may cost resources, but you can get those resources back and more by constantly sending your troops out to barbarian villages and inactive troopless players to collect resources from their pits. In that link you should see which troops are best used for farming.

DeletedUser

the moral of the story is don't points whore. Build troops. it doesn't matter if you are only a bit smaller than a player close by. As long as you have more troops than the player you'll be able to catch up

DeletedUser

Well, he started hours earlier than the last three days and from the result I'm obviously not going to make it so how do I go about terminating the village and starting over?

Not to mention that I thought there was supposed to be a warning when someone comes to attack but I've never seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:

A humble player

in the upper right conrer of your screen there should be two crossed swords.
Now, I'd suggest not restarting. Here is what I would do:
1. upgrade hiding place to 10
2. keep WH at a medium level, say 8 or 9 max
3. build spears if he attacks with lcav, and swords if he uses axes. Build many, sent hem all to support a player of large size a few hours away. Talk to that large player and befriend them if possible.
4. once you have 400/400 sp and sw, and a farm level of 15 or so, the fun begins. Recall the troops form the big player, and farm with them. Use all resources to create more troops, rush to 1000/1000 asap
5. build your wall up as you do this

The one problem is the larger player is close to cats, these will be your biggest enemy, and something you need to deal with. If you need any more help, PM me on the forums or IG (I play on newbie-bob)

KeegiKolmas

Well, you have to build troops as soon as you can. Those troops may cost resources, but you can get those resources back and more by constantly sending your troops out to barbarian villages and inactive troopless players to collect resources from their pits. In that link you should see which troops are best used for farming.

Thnaks mate for good info, i go log in and put my first troops in que now, i always thought points ze win, i will try some troops now, thanks :icon_wink:

DeletedUser91646

Advice From me.. in the END .. u still get nobled ;)

He got LC farming.. u got only walls hiding place and 1/4 the speed of productions..

If u dont want to waste ur time.. then make new village..

DeletedUser

Some good advice here, thanks to all!

Right now I'll keep plugging away. Perhaps with dodge and some hypocritical plunder missions of my own I can slowly build up...

DeletedUser

Which will probably have to happen in the end(restart), if you haven't been growing fast enough and everyone around you is much bigger already. When you restart, read this though:
TeachU TW guide

He's right, nothing will equip you better for this game than that TeachU guide. Nothing.

Make sure you build up your farm and utilize your militia (Farm > Call for Militia), build up a good hiding place, start building up troops and be prepared to dodge attacks to save the troops you have built. If you keep letting your attacker wipe out troops when you've only built them in a small number you'll never recover.

DeletedUser

This may be a truly foolish question but now that I've started sending my troops to support a friend far away...how do I know how to find them or recover them in the future?:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

go to rally point, then troops, you will be able to see which village they are in. all you have to do is hit recall button to get them back.

DeletedUser

Strange. They don't appear on my rally point at all, just the few I've been producing this morning. Which I'm sending off as it appears another attack is imminent...

DeletedUser

This may be a truly foolish question but now that I've started sending my troops to support a friend far away...how do I know how to find them or recover them in the future?:icon_redface:

I'd personally just dodge every attack that comes in, but that does require hyper-activity and I don't know how active you are. You don't want to send them too far out.

Rally point > Troops. Should be obvious from there :)

DeletedUser

Strange. They don't appear on my rally point at all, just the few I've been producing this morning. Which I'm sending off as it appears another attack is imminent...

they wont appear in the troops section when in transition, but they will be shown moving on the commands part of the rally point, you shouldnt be sending them to far tho, only a few hours out at max

KeegiKolmas

TeachU TW guide

Maybe dont know that, but TeachU was a tribe at first in w13.

I remember those good old times, when openeye lead it.

But well, after teaching those newbies how to play, he disbanded and made flux...
flux owned a bit lol.

DeletedUser

Sent them out @14 hours ago and according to a test I just ran the distance is @5.5 hours but they still don't appear. Wonder if I did something wrong?

Yep! A report from this morning shows I lost a contingent of troops which should have been in support elsewhere at the time. Argh.:(

DeletedUser

k, well, i just looked at your area, in your 7x7 are two 1k players and one 2k player. it is better for you to restart and be more active when you restart :/