Anime/Manga "I Dare You Game"

DeletedUser

So every week or sooner depending how popular this gets, we post one anime/manga where you would watch 2-5 episodes/ read 10-20 chapters of it and then review your thoughts about it then give it a score from 1-10. (How much episodes/chapters depends on the length) The idea is post an anime/manga you come across that you never heard about, or just looks so painful to watch. Who knows you might end up likeing it?

So the first dare is an anime I just came across called "Kaasan Moms Life". The art looks painful, and plot looks well yeah:

kaasan_moms_live_186x250.jpg

"A sidesplitting essay in animation the depicts the simple everyday life of a career-commited mother and her rather out of standard family set in contempoary Japan. Everyday is a juggling act between being a mother, wife and animator.

Due it being over 100 episodes long I would say 5 episodes will be in its place to watch. Have fun or..? :icon_cool:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kaasan-moms-life/episodes Here is a link for stream but have a 20sec advert in the start.

http://onepieceofbleach.com/watch/ stream and download site.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Omg, I avoid this style of anime like the plague. The only exception was Shin-Chan and his elephant impersonations xD

I'll check this out sometime this week. A link to the actual series would be appreciative and easy for us to go and watch it. You will probably get more participants that way. We all know people are lazy and hate to use search engines haha

DeletedUser

Omg, I avoid this style of anime like the plague. The only exception was Shin-Chan and his elephant impersonations xD

I'll check this out sometime this week. A link to the actual series would be appreciative and easy for us to go and watch it. You will probably get more participants that way. We all know people are lazy and hate to use search engines haha

Yeah I do to, but I'll give it a chance:D. Never head of it:O.

Yeah valid point there! So first post updated;).

darkaniken2

I'm sorry, but I can't force myself to watch something like that. That's just terrible.

DeletedUser

But that's the whole point of this challenge. For us to all share the same pain and misery and share the experience among ourselves lol

The opposite of this thread would be cool too. List a non-mainstream anime to watch/read each week and we have the same type of discussions on it.

DeletedUser

The opposite of this thread would be cool too. List a non-mainstream anime to watch/read each week and we have the same type of discussions on it.

This tread is that to, it will change week to week so its not get to repeative:p (so next something just not mainstream). I had to start with kaasan because I lol'd that some actually made a manga like this.

The idea is post an anime/manga you come across that you never heard about, or just looks so painful to watch.

darkaniken2

But that's the whole point of this challenge. For us to all share the same pain and misery and share the experience among ourselves lol

Sorry, but I'm not a masochist. :p

DeletedUser

haha come on guys. Watching that stuff will make you appreciate the good anime more xD

DeletedUser

oh yea...watch manyuu hikenchou from the new anime series coming out and say to me without laughing that you liked it for something other than the fanservice (its ecchi not hentai)..

Seriously, it says this for the summary:

"In the current era, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. Members of the Manyuu clan help raise the future big breasts using a secret scroll."

...yea...cant be bothered copying the rest of the summary

DeletedUser

oh yea...watch manyuu hikenchou from the new anime series coming out and say to me without laughing that you liked it for something other than the fanservice (its ecchi not hentai)..

"In the current era, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. Members of the Manyuu clan help raise the future big breasts using a secret scroll."

That was a win summary:D

darkaniken2

Oh yea! I've heard of that one. I was trolling MAL recommendations trying to find something to watch and ended up there. Not sure how though.

EDIT

Wait, no, that was a different one. This on I found trolling randomc.net looking for what to pick up this season. But, on that note. look at R-15 on the same list. It actually looks mildly amusing but I'm not sure I'll pick it up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser100013

Your thread title made me lose the game :\

Ontopic: No thanks I cant force myself to do that ;P

DeletedUser

Yes i'm bad at coming up with titles:)

Anyway Kaasan Moms Life thoughts. It was not as bad as I thought actually. It had some funny moments, but deffiently not aimed at my age group. The first episode was bad, but it picked up from 2 episode.

So rateing the various aspects I'd say
Art: 3.
Music: 4
Plot: 5-6

I'll give it a 5, i've seen worse than this:p.

darkaniken2

Btw nem, I'll take your challenge. I'll pick it up when it comes out.

I watched sengoku otome last season, and while it had a lot of fanservice, I really enjoyed the story.

darkaniken2

Watched 5mins of the first ep. WAY too censored. It's not that I want decensored, but the way it's done is terrible. You spend half the time looking at a white screen.

Will wait for the DVD Rips and try again. But don't get your hopes up. The plot actually looks pretty decent as far as interest goes. It's just the fanservice is over the top and the massive censoring even screws that up. Overall, decent looking anime killed by japans new laws.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Watched 5mins of the first ep. WAY too censored. It's not that I want decensored, but the way it's done is terrible. You spend half the time looking at a white screen.

Will wait for the DVD Rips and try again. But don't get your hopes up. The plot actually looks pretty decent as far as interest goes. It's just the fanservice is over the top and the massive censoring even screws that up. Overall, decent looking anime killed by japans new laws.

I completely agree with you because I tried watching it last night and just did not bother finishing it because half the anime was a blinding yellow panel blocking all the action scenes. There is a possibility that the uncensored version with come out weeks following like in that other anime, Siekon no Qwaser, unless like you said they become stricter recently on what is aired on TV :/

nindel

I completely agree with you because I tried watching it last night and just did not bother finishing it because half the anime was a blinding yellow panel blocking all the action scenes. There is a possibility that the uncensored version with come out weeks following like in that other anime, Siekon no Qwaser, unless like you said they become stricter recently on what is aired on TV :/

Jeez Louise!!

You weren't kidding when you said 'Blinding yellow panels'. The first few seconds and 50% of my screen is slapped with a big fat bar of yellow.

No point continuing if the censorship is this extreme.

DeletedUser

yea it looked like they were even censoring the cleavage...lol