Anime

DeletedUser

Okay so at the end of summer 2010, I started to reminiscence about an old show I saw a couple of times, googled it, found out it was Yu Yu Hakusho. I started to watch it again through youtube and other anime sites, told my friend it was the best show ever. He said no, bleach was. So I started watching bleach (currently on episode 220, waiting for more dubs to come out; pretty good so far), and while I was waiting for new dubs I decided to watch Code Geass, Because the same friend recommended it to me. I ended up finishing it in 2 days, 16 hours a day of watching.

Now I just started Death Note, and it is pretty orgasmic so far. I was the person to criticize anime shows because Naruto just seemed stupid to me and I could never get into it.

What are your opinions on anime, and the various anime shows? :icon_smile:

Feel free to post links to your AnimeList

Last edited by a moderator:

darkaniken2

Bleach ended at ep 310. It just did. Code Geass was one of the most epic animes ever. Naruto is stupid. One piece is stupid. Death Note is ftw until the middle. Then it's facepalm.

I have likely watched more anime than anyone here, for I am a nerd. On that note, I have to go download this weeks releases.

Also, you officially suck for watching dubs. Never, ever, EVER, EVER watch dubs. Subs or don't watch.

DeletedUser

haha :) well I have heard that multiple times, but I have also heard that the english version of Code Geass was better.

Glad I am not the only one who does not like naruto; I would rather finish all of these small animes before I finish Bleach so they release more english dubs (sorry, But I simply cannot watch anime and read subtitles. I despise subtitles with a passion).

darkaniken2 said:
I am a nerd.

Aren't we all? The majority of tribal-wars enthusiasts watch anime in between farm runs. The majority of tribal-wars enthusiasts spend a lot of time indoors.

darkaniken2

Ok, ok, the english of Code Geass is better. BUT it's the ONLY exception to the rule. All other dubs suck. Take it from the guy who has watched almost 2,000 episodes of anime that he knows of.

Subbed anime > dubbed anime. End of discussion. It cannot be argued. :p

DeletedUser

Ok, ok, the english of Code Geass is better. BUT it's the ONLY exception to the rule. All other dubs suck. Take it from the guy who has watched almost 2,000 episodes of anime that he knows of.

Subbed anime > dubbed anime. End of discussion. It cannot be argued. :p

Okay, but while we are the only ones replying to this thread so far; I can go ahead and spend time arguing that when you are reading the subs you spend time not looking at the action. I would rather things be translated for me in english rather than Japanese jibberish (yay for alliteration) that makes me waste time reading English subs instead of seeing ichigo cut someone into tiny pieces.

I have probably seen 700 episodes of anime if you count the time when dragon ball Z was good; when I was 5 years old and getting pissed off that it took like 6 episodes for a spirit bomb to charge -.-

darkaniken2

I read at 120 wpm. I think I can do both. :p I also speak some basic japanese, so mebbe that helps.

But really, dubs suck. They are almost never done right.

deadsocks

I come from the Royal Society For Dissing People Who Watch Dubs Even If You Don't Play That World. We're also known as the RSFDPWWDEIYDPTW, and we wear a famous light blue uniform.
Consider yourself dissed.

DeletedUser

I read at 120 wpm. I think I can do both. :p I also speak some basic japanese, so mebbe that helps.

But really, dubs suck. They are almost never done right.

What if the actually japanese show isn't done right? because theoretically everything has room for perfection. In Code Geass' case; English dubs did Perfect the series.

Skype is sly.911 if you want to argue some more :p

darkaniken2

I have watched nearly 100 series of anime. Some dubbed, most never will be. I guarantee you that subs are better. :p

DeletedUser

100 series of anime and 2000 episodes. (trolling below)

[spoil]Nerd or not; No one should spend their time watching 100, twenty episode anime shows.[/spoil]

darkaniken2

Some are a lot more than 20 eps, most are less.

And do it long enough, and they add up.

DeletedUser

Lawl 2000 episodes is really nothing, I nearly have that just having rewatched one piece 3-4 times :icon_eek:

I'm probably at around 4100. And dubs is shit on every show, except steamboy.

DeletedUser

yea normally i alternate myself on one piece and bleach.. at times samurai champloo, d-gray man etc quite nice to watch while awaiting for new episodes (like for my case, one piece and bleach)

DeletedUser

I'm actually enjoying the current episodes of Shippudden on Naruto. I didn't like the original series much, except for the few episodes of battles, like the third hokage vs Orchimaru and Sasuke vs Naruto, fights along them lines. I got up right to the end of the Zanptaktou filler series for Bleach, and stopped watching after getting fed up fillers inbetween the episodes of the Shinigami vs Arrancar story arc. Death Note is by far, my most treasured anime, as I enjoy the complicity of Light and L at the start, and then complicity of Light mixing the identies of himself, and the others he picked up along way by using the Death Note to kill all those criminals. Recently I watched an anime named Gantz, in which people tell that the managa is better than the anime, which in 90% of the time, is right, but I maintain the view that anime isn't that far behind in terms of detail of a manga. But in this case, the manga for Gantz is way better than the anime, and I didn't even read the manga. I say this because the ending on the anime was stupid, and the idea about the entire story of Gantz from the manga should of been extended like it has been on the manga. (They're about 100 manga episodes of Gantz, yet only 26 episodes of the anime)

DeletedUser

I got up right to the end of the Zanptaktou filler series for Bleach, and stopped watching after getting fed up fillers inbetween the episodes of the Shinigami vs Arrancar story arc

This, although I continued watching as I thought they couldn't put more fillers into the arrancar arc now, and when they did. I stopped. Have been quite good latly i've heard though.

DeletedUser

This, although I continued watching as I thought they couldn't put more fillers into the arrancar arc now, and when they did. I stopped. Have been quite good latly i've heard though.

I heard from friends that it has gotten really good, but I have never gotten around to start watching it again. I also haven't watched Bleach for over a year now, and forgotten most of everything, so if I started watching again, it'd probably be from the start.

DeletedUser

I like Code Geass the most (yea i finished it in 2 days, even in my school i was thinking about it :p)

1. Code Geass
2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
3. Fairy tail
4. Death note
5. Elfen Lied
6. Hellsing ultimate

Here is my list, you wont regret if you want any of them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Anywho, I heard around that this anime "Fairy Tail" is not that bad.. Any of ya have watched 'em yet? Cool to have reviews/feedbacks...

DeletedUser

Its really good anime, it has all things in it (like sadness, funny scenes,...)

but 14 more eps to be published (they publish one ep every sunday, there are 86 already)

DeletedUser

hmmm thanks SD... I'm waiting for new "dosage" of One Piece, Bleach and Shippuden.. So thought of watching another nice ones to be enjoyed concurrently..