Another browser game?

DeletedUser

I was wondering if anyone ever played the brower game "Quantum Star". It was a text/turn based game that took place in the future and in space. You controlled space ships and mined different galaxys and colonized planets. It was pretty fun a few years ago when I played but then I quit playing and when I started again it seemed everyone else had quit and most of the servers were dead. Just wondering if anyone else played and if anyone else might be interested? It is less time consuming then tribal wars and once you get big it doesn't take hours to play like TW either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its not against the rules, its just in the wrong section ;)

DeletedUser

It may be counted as advertising - it would have been a good idea to PM a mod about this before posting it :p And this thread isn't in the wrong section - this is basically a psuedo off-topica section, so as long as it follows the rules (which this might now) its OK.

DeletedUser

I have a couple of good ones but I wont discuss until Chilly or another mod has confirmed it's ok :)

DeletedUser

I played Evony for a while. Couldn't get the medals to enable me to get more than 3 cities. So it sucked.

ChillyAcademic

This kind of thing is allowed as long as you are not advertising the game. Discussing it is fine, just don't post any links or publicly try to convince someone to play it. Asking if anyone wants to start playing again is fine, just don't start asking people to play. :)

DeletedUser54064

I played Runescape since I was 11 till about 14, worst mistake I have ever made, I still can't believe I wasted so many hours on it :/

DeletedUser

I never played runescape. I knew it was a fail game IMO. ^_^

DeletedUser

Chilly, I like your seasonal avatar :)

I play Cyber Nations which is where you control a virtual society. Of course there's wars and tribes (called alliances) it can get very fun but it's alot slower than TW.

Also enjoy A.I. War which is kinda lame but can be pretty fun (my char name is Jesus_Christ for anyone who plays) :)

Did play Runescape when I was in like grade 6, lol.. First online gaming experience and I was a guy character, haha! Got pretty good, spent too much time on it and yeah...

DeletedUser

I spend too much time on TW IMO ^_~ Staying up to the early hours of the morning. Tonight will probably be the first time I've stayed up past midnight. I need to clear our my mail box, I got epically spammed with an amount of emails 10x that of my post count (without OT, ofc). Supposedly I sent it (I have a rule in place to get spam from some redirected) and the teacher saw 'me' doing it (despite me being at a music lesson) and supposedly I've got an afterschool, so I'm going to stay up super late and go on a sympathy trip. <3

DeletedUser

Naww, so innocent.. Never even stayed up past midnight, little lewwy's gonna be all tuckered out tomorrow :D

What world do you play?

Oh crap, that reminds me.. I have to pay the bills and collect taxes on CN.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like always stayed up past midnight in late Term 2 and Term 3 :D I don't play any worlds, IG takes up too much time. Spamming forums is more enjoyable.

And all the teachers think I'm so innocent too <3 I've just realised I've somehow spammed myself over 10000 times, so I swear I'm so sick and confused in the morning I'm going to throw up and be sick for the rest of the school year. :D Basically it goes like this.

(All times are in AEST, so no Jess its +1 hour for joo!)
17/11/09 About 5PM - Epically spammed by somewhat friends of mine.
17/11/09 About 8PM - Rule created to delete spam e-mails from them and redirect them to other people.
24/11/09 About 3:50PM - Spammed by another non-friend indirectly.
24/11/09 About 7:30PM - Rule change to include current offender
25/11/09
10:45 AM - Log on computer in computer room.
10:52 AM - Sequence of Spam E-Mails Initiated
11:00 AM - Log off computer in computer room
11:05 AM - Attend Music Lesson
11:11 AM - Spam sequence continues
11:19 AM - Spam sequence stops
Unknown Time - ICT Teacher catches 'me' spamming my friend, 'detention issued'
11:40 AM - Log back on to account at same computer lab
12:25 PM - Log off computer.
Lunchtime - Find out that I've unwittingly sent a very large amount of E-Mails, find out detention, mixed sides, news spreads like sexyness in Jess's body the Black Saturday Bushfires losses of the game in public places crazy!
Arrive Home - 3:25 PM
8:00 PM - Find out I have a document I didn't write in my account.
8:00:01 PM - defecate in my pants :icon_redface:
8:30 PM - Scared like hell, somewhat commence work

I've got a sample of the e-mails I've recieved as spam, including the ones from myself. I'm really trying to make sense of this all and to avoid throwing up all over my laptop.

So yah, halp.

DeletedUser

Of course :D I played W22 until June this year, W21 until December 2008, W15 until December 2008 and an alias until September 2009. I don't play anymore, I find in-game a hassle and a super time waster - especially when you get past 500k :p I got up to 2mil, baron of a Top 20 tribe and #2 in my K :p

DeletedUser

LOL, this game is a time waster and posting on the forums isn't?

DeletedUser

Of course. In-Game I have a problem where I like freak out completely when someone account sits my account. So in short, I must tend to my villages and log on every day. And being baron, that all in all takes 1 hour (at least). However, on the forums I can just stop posting.

DeletedUser

No you can't it's an addiction.

I could stop playing TW at any time but I feel an obligation to stay as I have made many friends who depend on me (don't say you don't) I actually still enjoy the game, been speaking to alot of people form all different tribes and most people are starting to get sick of the repetitiveness.. I can see who will win W23 :D