Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Dear players,

As a part of our commitment to the players, our developers have agreed to host a Q&A session on the official discord channel.

Please be aware first and foremost, to see the Q&A you will need to be in the official discord chat.

Please leave your (sensible and clean) suggestions by replying to this post. Note anything that simply bashes the company, team or the game rules will be removed.

killersodur

Reaction score
Endgame minting is killing the game. If you truly want to be competitive you have to grind the mint non-stop, meaning mint every week, sometimes even many weeks in a row (royal streamer, lots of res packs etc) and hitting mint button every few minutes to avoid res going to waste. This leaves little to no time to enjoy the game. This is an issue that should be solved.

The solution I would propose is:
Create a new item that you can get from events named "mint WH" or whatever, that applies to one village for 48h and takes WH capacity to a ridiculous size for that time (100 000 000 for example or just unlimited). This loses the need to constantly hit mint and makes it enjoyable. But it must also exclude that village from resource package income obviously

Lady Madelina

Reaction score
Is there a way to add two-factor identification? Yes, it's a bit of a nuisance for all of us, but if it cuts down on the number of accounts being played by 5 or 6 or more separate people, I think you'll find the game becomes more competitive and fewer older players will quit.

deathwaltz

Reaction score
Adjust the time that players naturally barb on .net as most Europeans are at a disadvantage that dont have co-players because players barb around 02:00 am giving unfair advantages to those on the American time zones...its been like this since forever so about time its moved after all its supposed to be International.

saad749

Reaction score
Minting and Farming are core components of the game. They deserve to receive more attention and simplification.

1. Minting :
a. Account Manager, should have a tab for academies/minting, where you can set villages to auto mint when the warehouse reaches a certain percentage of capacity.
b. Good Connections should increase the warehouse capacity by atleast 100%.
c. Royal Streamer to also increase the warehouse capacity by another 100%

These changes, will greatly improve the minting experience.

2. Farming :
a. While there are farming scripts, that do a bulk of simplification, the Loot Assistant needs to incorporate and enhance a lot of these features. It is a paid feature already.
b. There should be options to have more than 2 templates, may be 5 templates.
c. More options to filter the barbs, e.g. by number of attacks sent to a village, time difference from current village to the barb and attacks enroute.
d. A Send to all option. Sending 2000 to 4000 farming attacks, every hour can take a significant amount of time & is very boring
e. Keypress sending of farm runs should be out of the box in loot assistant with option to customize the keys.

3. Overviews:
a. Ability to create custom overviews, E.g. the production overview - recruitment queues + building activity indicators, etc.
b. Total Troops owned in all villages.

4. Map
a. Potential Watchtower coverage, same as the potential church radius.
b. Ability to change map and minimap background colors. the current colors, make it difficult to contrast some colors
c. Default icons for own groups, should also include building icons. a very common use case are churches and watchtowers.

5. Major New Features
a. There are some really great third party tools that provide a lot of features since more than a decade now. A lot of these should by now part of TW, and more features should be added to the game out of the box.
b. E.g. Mass Attack Planner by fxutility.
c. Tribalwarsmap etc.

6. Co Playing
a. Either have ingame feature of co-playing, or implement 2 factor authentications and other measures to stop it altogether. This will help in more new players to enjoy the game.

LordShiva101

Reaction score
Trivial but here goes.
Android app doesn't have full village animations for buildings under operation- workshop, HQ, stable and rez work.
Also it doesn't do nighttime mode at night.
It doesn't mean much other than looks cool. Will this be updated?

dhruv21995

Reaction score
Kindly add dark theme or certain color/season specific themes to the game which can be bought through Premium Points. Current theme has become so obsolete now, it looks mundane and vague. With new themes at hand, players would love to explore their options. ♥️✌️

OG G

Reaction score
1) Dark theme 100%.
2) Add Account Manager tool for automatic minting.
3) Buff Scavenging and nerf no-flag farming. Everyone has time to scavenge and it is actually enjoyable, while farming gets insanely tedious. Buffing scavenging can be pretty straight forward and easy. One way to nerf farming is to decrease haul capacity of all units by a certain amount and buff haul flags. Nobody is using those flags right now and if someone wants to actually invest in farming can go ahead an use those.
4) Can we finally have a meta change? Maybe add new units and remove some of the old ones. Buff/nerf certain units. The game is indeed balanced at the moment, but it has been the exact same templates for troop builds since the beginning of the game. Allow players to invest time in learning and adapting to a new meta, trying new combinations and builds for their armies.

The Brutal Eye

Reaction score
1. Can we increase the rate at which classic worlds are made? These are what brought players to Tribal Wars initially.
2. Can we somehow reduce the reliance on Premium Points slightly? I understand from a business perspective the rational behind premium points; if we could remove the ability to instant finish building upgrades, that would be a significant bonus imo. It's frustrating when throwing nukes at players that they can rebuild walls/buildings within a matter of minutes.
3. An extension on point no.2; You need to make this game beginner friendly - you will rarely get new players joining and staying with the pay-to-win premium features. A new player would start, take 2 weeks to get into a nobling capacity, which they are then forced to defend against another starter who has bashed pp and already got their 5th vill. If you want players to join and stay, this must be addressed ASAP. Otherwise the long-term players will be all that is left, and they always eventually leave. Reducing the impact pp has on growth would help this (i.e. removing instant building finishes), but I'm unsure what else could be done.

Bobah

Reaction score
minting.jpg
I don't think Inno has the financial capability atm to provide use those features and updates they would like to for years now. The Team is too small and it's still not clear if it's better to synchronize the game and/or script rules all over the world, or to not do so. My conclusion: if they can provide us a solid, fair and transparent judging, then we as the community are competent enough to provide the life-service for this game by our self.

But as long as people keep playin apps instead of browsergames, TW, TW2, Grepolis etc. will have only a small amount of players and so not enough money to invest into more mods, more devs, more features, more servers. There is still a chance to turn things around, but if we keep us unorganized and divided, all the mods can do is tellin them bosses how they should decide and why their past decisions were more harmful than everything else...at least in my humble opinion.
Sry 4 bad englisch. Felt cute, might delete later :*

EDIT: my question was if there are plans to finally start investing some Kronen into the game.

Last edited:

secundum

Reaction score
As players, we sometimes have the feeling that the game is only being maintained but new features are of secondary importance.
Will we see a greater focus to game improvments in the future ?

As a script writer myself, I often get good ideas from people and interest in writing them. Unfortunately, it fails because I have to play a test environment for a week, which doesn't last longer than 2 days because you get conquered and I couldn't even test or develop properly.

Could we have a proper test server where we start with 5 good villages and which is not reset every day (maybe every 3-7 days) ?

Last edited:

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Why cant we have normal speed normal numbered world classic worlds like the German server, the German server has both a Premium feature world and a classic world launched at the same time keeping both sets of players who enjoy both happy and keeping more players in the game in general and it seems to work fine. i personally would play both sets of worlds at different times. i feel if you did more normal worlds during covid you would have kept alot more of the returning player base.

for premium feature worlds, If minting is staying the same something definitely has to happen to help players mint, i don't like the idea of adding an auto minting feature, or auto anything but maybe people are right it might help stop botters and even the playing field, An item that increases the warehouse size, so you aren't clicking mint every 2 - 3 minutes its insane the time required that you have to put in to mint and cant even barely play the game.

I am definetly up for meta changes too add new buildings new troops try something new the games old but it doesn't mean it cant have new stuff added and improve. why dont you add new meta changes

Bobah

Reaction score
When will this Q&A end, so that you can start answering befor nobody is interessted in this topic anymore?
same thing happen in german forums: they made a thread to catalyse the community's anger/blankness, closed it after nobody replied anymore and now...nothing.

Oh is see it now...discord again....:rolleyes: well then let the games begin, am I still muted there?

EDIT: my question is what do you gonna do against VM-user? The bot-detection etc. isnt mutch of a barrier for cheaters...

Nova

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
I'll try to address a couple of different questions that are a bit beyond the scope of a dev Q&A with one reply to not push this post off topic too much:

1. Can we increase the rate at which classic worlds are made? These are what brought players to Tribal Wars initially.

This isn't really a matter for our devs, if you are referring to Classic worlds as we see them; the shorter, special worlds ran on the Classic/High Performance servers. These worlds are mainly handled by the different markets CM teams, which includes the planning of them.
EDIT: my question was if there are plans to finally start investing some Kronen into the game.

Generally the devs handle the game's software, design, programming, features and maintenance but not the financial parts, including investments.
Could we have a proper test server where we start with 5 good villages and which is not reset every day (maybe every 3-7 days) ?

If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to test your scripts on the Public Beta market here; https://www.tribalwars.works/ but I suggest checking first by sending a ticket to their support.

When will this Q&A end, so that you can start answering befor nobody is interessted in this topic anymore?
same thing happen in german forums: they made a thread to catalyse the community's anger/blankness, closed it after nobody replied anymore and now...nothing.

Oh is see it now...discord again....:rolleyes: well then let the games begin, am I still muted there?

Well, it will end once the Q&A session has finished. This is just to gather questions to make sure there is something for them to address during the actual session. And perhaps the problems with the German forums would be better to address on the German forums, as we can't answer to that. But we have forwarded everything posted here so far, and will keep doing it until a deadline has been set.
And for the Discord issue, you'll have to address that through the ticket system but being muted shouldn't be a problem for taking part in the answers to the questions gathered here.

Bobah

Reaction score
shorter, special worlds ran on the Classic/High Performance servers
Do you mean Speedrounds with that? Or what kind of shorter, special worlds? nvm sry 4 the spam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.