Assistance Please?

DeletedUser

Yes, thank you. :)

So its better to not even bother building defensive units until my neighbors have rams and/or cats? What is a good indication of this (in points)?

DeletedUser

You can't see how many troops a player has from points...Troops don't raise points..

Well you can know if he attacks you because he'll propbaly attack with full force (all his offensive troops).
You can also know if you attack him and all/something of your troop survive..Note:If your troops don't survive when attacking you don't get any info. of how many troops the defender had.

Another way to know is scouting...but again if he does dodge the scout attack you won't know anything unless you have a LVL 3 scout technology and you see how many troops are out :)

I still suggest you build defensive troops now...because it's hard later on...remember you'll need to make offensive troops too...so I think defensive troops now and some offensive...later on keep recruiting defensive normally and many offensive :)

DeletedUser

Well, I was asking if there is a point level that you can start to expect players to have rams... Obviously not good ones, but just the average ones. Like, 500, 750, or 1000 even.

DeletedUser

I've got mine at about 780...so it's about 700-800 if the player is very active..

If he doesn't it's about 800-1000..

That was still good information..:lol:

Muldie325

It also depends on the settings of the world, I didn't get rams on w33 till well over 1k points, was just too busy whoring high hq levels to waste time with smithy. But on this world i got them around 700, because it was hard enough to farm that I appreciated the cheap and time consuming construction of the smithy.

Muldie325

Why not listen to us? Like he said in his original post, we are talking about this world specifically, surely the people who are doing well on this world are the best people to ask for advice?

DeletedUser8472

Don't listen to these guys. My advice is to search the forums. Just read as much as you can.

You could do worse than starting here:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=44819&highlight=Jamm

hey don't tell people not to listen to muldeh :'(, you're a big meany!!!

Though in general in this early stage of the game the fundamental idea is first and foremost to farm as much as possible. Don't farm pointlessly though (For more detail click farm in my signature).

A well planned build order can make you rush up in village growth beyond the people who start when you do. Though with good farming and trusting your instinct you ought to do decently there, just build what you feel you need.

Also, I like stressing that barracks/hq/stables should not be upgraded if they can't be run 24/7 with the exception of if it's a requirement for say LC.

lt181

Why not listen to us? Like he said in his original post, we are talking about this world specifically, surely the people who are doing well on this world are the best people to ask for advice?

If I had a time machine, and I could go back to when I was a noob with then express purpose of telling past me where to get advice on how to play the game...I wouldn't tell him to ask the world 36 forum goers.

It's nothing against you. But research shows that the average forum poster rankes at 3.7 on the 7 point tribal wars proficiency scale. And that's just not good enough. Don't feel bad though, as I only scored a 3.9, so I am just moderatly more informed than average.

I believe the information that is contained in the link I posted to be of high quality. The original poster may do what he/she chooses. I'm just trying to help a brother out.

DeletedUser

Hahaha I laughed.

Thus far, the advice has been good imo and in the current tribe I am in (center), I am doing quite fine imo, and the leaders of center haven't disagreed with the advice given here (most of it atleast....).

Muldie325

I believe it is in bad taste to ask for the research when one says "Research shows". You are just supposed to take the person's word for it.

Research shows that when someone responds with the above quote when asked to show the research he was talking about, 100% of the time he actually made it up on the spot.

DeletedUser

Research shows that when someone responds with the above quote when asked to show the research he was talking about, 100% of the time he actually made it up on the spot.

Do you have any facts to show this research? :lol:

DeletedUser

Well, a quick search of the term: 'proficiency' will yield little results in finding this TW proficiency test.

What I am concerned with is that lt181 scored only a 3.9 out of a possible 7.

DeletedUser

Its self-fulfilling.

Research shows that when a person responds to a question such as the post above the post above mine, with that kind of answer. They are infact, 100% correct. :icon_razz: