Failed Vote Auto-tag worlds

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Alright so with the recent noble bot i think its time to look over the way this game requires 24h activity. Noble bot gives a really unfair advantage which only favours the already strong/top tribes. All the new and less experienced players will have no way to set this up.

Which got me thinking, we have WT worlds where watchtowers are able to tag attacks. My suggestion is instead of a watchtower world we try and auto tag world. Which means all attacks will be automatically tagged as ram/noble etc. Realistically this should not change too much except encourage new players to actually play the game and have a chance. I also think this makes the game more focused on strategy then on activity

The first thing is this removedsthe point of sending fake trains since they will be tagged as rams. Fakes and such will still work exactly the same, and realistically most top accounts are almost tagging 24/7 anyways so this really should not make a huge difference.

My only concern is if this puts too much pressure on the servers or something?

Would love to hear some thoughts on this idea :)

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Approved for voting (though I'm not sure this is the direction we want to take with the game - it becomes a lot of automation for a game where activity is rewarded).

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
24/7 Auto-tag, big no IMO.

However i could see something like Auto-tag being used during Nightbonus. Currently Nightbonus is kinda just a false security and actually doesnt allow you to have a continous sleep since you kinda have to get up in middle of night to get accurate taggings. So having a 4h duration while nightbonus is active could be something which wouldn't have way to big impact on gameplay, but still favour soloplayers during a time when they are the most vulnerable.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I have no problem with auto tag.

Usage of troops should be more important than just loggin on mobile to tag

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I voted for NO on this suggestion.

While personally, I am against the noble bot (as something that goes against the principle of giving every player equality of opportunity) I don't find the solution to be automating something that shouldn't be automated. After all, if we automate auto-tagging, then let's automate farming too (pretty sure there must be a suggestion for that too), then scavenging, AM is already automated (even though can be improved a lot) ... what becomes of the game then?

duck that quacks

Reaction score
My vote is an easy yes, this would even out the playing field between the people that have 5 coplayers and the people that play in an account solo, just like automatizing other functions in the game. We're in 2022, people have more to do with their lives than just sit in front of their pc and play a browser game.... Its not like it requires "skill" or anything of that sort as well to rename an attack, it only requires you to have someone always online on your account at all times which to me doesn't really sound fair.

duck that quacks

Reaction score
In my opinion, the game should be more focused on what requires the most skill rather than having to force players to do "robotic actions" themselves, with things like these players have more time to plan their attacks, to not be distracted away from defending, etc

goroj

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
While I do vote no on this one, I am not against the idea itself, but the implementation of it in a normal world.
Casual world? Maybe, especially with the lower amount of 24/7 accounts on them.