Basics - Must read for novice's

DeletedUser

Well I'm not sure whether you mean adding text onto a different sig, or replacing mine with your name.

(This is for Photoshop btw, not sure about GIMP)

For adding text to a different sig;
Click on the text tool. Click anywhere on the sig. Type out something :icon_razz:
Usually the text looks better with a 1px black border around it. To do this, go to the "Layers" window (if you don't see it, go to Windows > Layers) and right click on the Text layer you just added, then click on Blending Options. At the bottom should be "Stroke". Tick the box and click on Stroke. Change it to 1 or 2 px, and set it to any colour you want :lol:

For replacing the words on my sig you'd either have to get the .psd from me (in which case you could easily change the text) or use the healing brush over my name, which doesn't always work well :icon_wink:

Not true about the border. This can work against you and make the text way too focal. It needs to be styled to the font and fit in/blend :) Hard to explain with text

And for fonts go to dafont.com everything you will ever need :) I have over 600 fonts

DeletedUser

Not true about the border. This can work against you and make the text way too focal. It needs to be styled to the font and fit in/blend :) Hard to explain with text

And for fonts go to dafont.com everything you will ever need :) I have over 600 fonts

ok thanks very much. Do you use PS?

DeletedUser

yeh i use PS.

To use the fonts unzip all of them then open control panel>fonts then copy and paste :)

DeletedUser

Ok thanks I'm trying that now.

I can't get it too copy, what should I do?

I got it now thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nice triple post ;)

Edit: fixed

koa anubis

*FaceDesk.

Im 99.9% sure that was sarcasm regarding your triple post.

Also, if you are stuck for fonts, take a look through this site.

Nice guide GC, althought for politeness, just underneath the link to DD's sig tut, maybe you should credit them in a smaller text so as not to subtract from the guide but to keep the respect there.
Just my 2p anyway. :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

yus it was sarcasm
and i told him to go to dafont ;)

ill add that now

originalgangsta

Looks like this thread is dead...I found a good guide for GIMP though...

DeletedUser83041

If the light source is from the top left why is there illumination on the top right as well? this area should be more shadowed seeing as there's 75% of a car blocking that area.

DeletedUser

Its the bottom that will be darkest

DeletedUser83041

Light only curves for massive celestial bodies. The front of the tire rim is illuminated. your light source is BEHIND the car, not back and to the left.

DeletedUser

the distance and angle is not stated, plus there could be reflective objects in the 4th wall.

DeletedUser91

I cant even do any of this anyone would maybe be intrested in helping (making) a signature for me? Please.

DeletedUser

Hello again everybody, @Krivolapov, if you have skype and are still interested in making a sig Id be more than happy to walk you through one.