Beep

DeletedUser81933

Does anyone know of an exelent start up guide?

I was stupid enough to think Starting over was a way to win.
Lol
Please help me winz

DeletedUser81933

Good guide.
Although I dont need it.

Thanks anyway.
It would help a few real beginners

Tribal.Hugsz

It really helped me when I started TW at the beginning.

DeletedUser81933

I asked because My brother is new to TW and I always stunk at start ups so i couldnt teach him

Tribal.Hugsz

I started late last time when I joined this game so i used this guide. =)

DeletedUser

I guess you got lucky, any capable player near you would have ended your game before you got to 500 points. :/

Tribal.Hugsz

Lol, like I said, just for BEGINNER which I used that 3 years ago.

DeletedUser81933

I resource whored on a world before.
Said I would never do it again since it took ages to build each one.

But It was quite successfull.

But I was in K14 on the Uk version

DeletedUser

Lol, like I said, just for BEGINNER which I used that 3 years ago.

If you'd suggest it to anyone as anything other than a mean joke you yourself are a beginner regardless of how long you may have actually played.

I resource whored on a world before.
Said I would never do it again since it took ages to build each one.

But It was quite successfull.

But I was in K14 on the Uk version

I'll give you a hint. I have been rank 1 on 2 of the 3 uk worlds, neither time did i mine whore my way to rank 1.

DeletedUser

Why does the guide say build mines? This is a .5 speed world with 1.75 troop speed, that surely speaks for itself on what a decent start-up strat should be...

DeletedUser

Purple Preds startup guide ftw?

[spoil] Iron 1
Clay 1
Timb 1
Statue (build the paladin and farm immediately upon completion)
Clay 2
Timber 2
Iron 2
Clay 3
Clay 4
Timber 3
Timber 4
Timber 5
Timber 6
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks 1
7 spears (start farming with spears and pali together as it is now profitable)
Build to about 20-40 spears while continuously farming. (Do not split up your spears from your pali until you have at least 35 spears)
Warehouse 2
HQ 4
HQ 5
Warehouse 3
Smithy 1
Smithy 2
Research Axes
Build about 15-45 axes and start splitting up your farming parties with axes included to reduce losses.
Farm 2
Market 1 (If you have excess iron, store it in a high ratio trade for later)
Barracks 2
Barracks 3
Smithy 3
HQ 6
Barracks 4
Warehouse 4
HQ 7
HQ 8
Smithy 4
Smithy 5
Barracks 5
Warehouse 5
Warehouse 6
Market 2
Market 3
HQ 9
HQ 10
Stable 1 (Option to research scouts and build 5 but can be skipped for later)
Stable 2
Stable 3
Research LC
Wall 1
Build LC
Farm Like Crazy (Build up to at least 50 before moving on)

After getting LC, you want to focus on building up your LC count and then getting your Resource Pits to about 17-19 or so. Then you usually will want to get your HQ to 20 because all of your farming resources will require you to build faster so you can spend it all while still keeping your troops producing nonstop or as close to that as you can get with activity level.

After upgrading your HQ(on growing barb worlds a level 22-25 HQ seems to make sense depending on your level of farming), you would normally want to get to level 10 smithy so you can build your workshop and begin producing siege.

After acquiring siege, back to resource production to low 20's followed by upgrading your barracks and stable to 15-21 for barracks depending on activity and between 10-16 for stable.

Once you have your troops producing at a high level, you then have the option of either pushing for a little higher resources or going immediately for upgrading your smithy to 20 and getting your academy.

Once you have academy, it is highly recommended that you wait until you have 4 nobles(on coin worlds) before nobling so you can noble several villages in a row. It also has the benefit of giving you more time to build up your troop levels so that when you do noble, your losses will be minimized and thus being more efficient and ready to take several more villages without waiting to replenish your troops.

When it comes time to noble, a good goal is to have between a level 27-29 farm full of troops.[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Purple Preds startup guide ftw?

[spoil] Iron 1
Clay 1
Timb 1
Statue (build the paladin and farm immediately upon completion)
Clay 2
Timber 2
Iron 2
Clay 3
Clay 4
Timber 3
Timber 4
Timber 5
Timber 6
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks 1
7 spears (start farming with spears and pali together as it is now profitable)
Build to about 20-40 spears while continuously farming. (Do not split up your spears from your pali until you have at least 35 spears)
Warehouse 2
HQ 4
HQ 5
Warehouse 3
Smithy 1
Smithy 2
Research Axes
Build about 15-45 axes and start splitting up your farming parties with axes included to reduce losses.
Farm 2
Market 1 (If you have excess iron, store it in a high ratio trade for later)
Barracks 2
Barracks 3
Smithy 3
HQ 6
Barracks 4
Warehouse 4
HQ 7
HQ 8
Smithy 4
Smithy 5
Barracks 5
Warehouse 5
Warehouse 6
Market 2
Market 3
HQ 9
HQ 10
Stable 1 (Option to research scouts and build 5 but can be skipped for later)
Stable 2
Stable 3
Research LC
Wall 1
Build LC
Farm Like Crazy (Build up to at least 50 before moving on)

After getting LC, you want to focus on building up your LC count and then getting your Resource Pits to about 17-19 or so. Then you usually will want to get your HQ to 20 because all of your farming resources will require you to build faster so you can spend it all while still keeping your troops producing nonstop or as close to that as you can get with activity level.

After upgrading your HQ(on growing barb worlds a level 22-25 HQ seems to make sense depending on your level of farming), you would normally want to get to level 10 smithy so you can build your workshop and begin producing siege.

After acquiring siege, back to resource production to low 20's followed by upgrading your barracks and stable to 15-21 for barracks depending on activity and between 10-16 for stable.

Once you have your troops producing at a high level, you then have the option of either pushing for a little higher resources or going immediately for upgrading your smithy to 20 and getting your academy.

Once you have academy, it is highly recommended that you wait until you have 4 nobles(on coin worlds) before nobling so you can noble several villages in a row. It also has the benefit of giving you more time to build up your troop levels so that when you do noble, your losses will be minimized and thus being more efficient and ready to take several more villages without waiting to replenish your troops.

When it comes time to noble, a good goal is to have between a level 27-29 farm full of troops.[/spoil]

Too mine heavy. That guide was written for me and a handful of others as a temporary thing and was never intended to be as widely used as it is. It was also specifically tailored towards W26's settings, and is not at all efficient for speed .5.