Cheating in W42

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am angry about the cheating in W42 that has been allowed to continue.Even with repeated complaints to the moderator about and illegal Noble train .The player has been allowed to continue unpunished
Nov 14, 2009 16:34:24:849
Nov 14, 2009 16:34:24:906
Nov 14, 2009 16:34:24:947
Nov 14, 2009 16:34:24:998
by my calculations this is a .149 noble train clearly defined in RULE 14 as illegal
Star Buck

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54064

Bet that guys pissed even more, 2 more ms and it would have been legal.

DeletedUser

Wow. That is BS...what kind of example are the TW mods setting for other players? I mean, why make it a rule if no one is going to follow it?

I guess Ill cheat....now that I know I can get away with it.

DeletedUser

1st offense, he probably just got a warning...sorry to say. Been there, reported it and the guy was just slapped on the wrist. I got the village back though 2 seconds later :icon_wink:

parisskyle

Isn't it unfair a player gets nobled by a train that's illegal? I mean a warning isn't really satisfying and helping the person who got nobled. Also, just giving a warning shows that it's, let's say, "legal" to send a .149ms train as you would only get a warning.
The least thing they could do is give the village back...

DeletedUser

Cheating

If a player uses illegal means to gain my village surely it should be returned with troops plus loss of production for the last 36 hours
Or are TW now condoning cheating
is it ok that I start cheating now too
because if this case isn't reviewed it just mean that when u do catch cheats out there is no point reporting them because TW admin have now gone soft and aren't punishing cheats
And players like me who don't cheat and reports cheats are left high and dry and are forced by your actions to start cheating because so many other players are and the only way to remain competative in this game is to cheat

DeletedUser

Just a quip from the Forum Rules...

Complaints about other players
To report the breaching of rules by another player In Game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum. Any reference to IG (In Game) Bans, Ban discussion (forum or IG) or cheating is forbidden. Please note that this includes advertising cheating (i.e, offering premium points for services ingame). The Tribalwars Team will act with discretion in all situations. This is to maintain the privacy that stands between Moderators and Players, and we expect that privacy to be upheld by players also. This applies to Forum Moderation as well as IG Moderation.

See the "Moderation" section for more on Forum Moderation.

And here's another... from the Moderation section...

If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating Topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately it usually depends on the mod that sees the report. They aren't all the same :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Cheating

I have not named specific players nor have I named the mod
So I don't see where there is a problem
but I believe there should be a way to air our grievances
and make mods and players know that cheating should not be tolerated
And as for depends on the MOD there is no if buts or maybe's if a player breaks the rules and they are very clear
there should be no "warnings"
because the rule clearly states u will be banned

DeletedUser

Mike4599

The rules are clearly stated about this and some action should be taken. Its not a little rule that someone who started would break. Its a rule where somebody would actually have to know what they are doing to break it. Therefore they would be capable of reading the rules.

DeletedUser

Well, the thing is, he is only 1ms off, it's not as if that 1ms would have made or broke you, which is why it was probably only an infraction if he even got that. Also, he probably sent it through Opera, which is fully legal.

DeletedUser

cheats

but it is also about consistancey in previous worlds the player has been banned and the village returned to the player than the illegal train was sent on.But in this case that did not happene all that happened was that the player was warned
How is that consistant
regardless it was illegal clearly defined in rule 14

DeletedUser

I am not here to argue the rules, they are what they are and consecutive attacks under 150ms IS illegal eminating from the same village. However, from my understanding of how this rule was established, it is arbitrarily based that attacks cannot be sent legally within that time frame. On the contrary, I know players who can send out trains under 100ms without the use of bots or scripts.

Nonetheless, rules are rules and the player should have some sort of punishment for breaking them.

DeletedUser41666

I am not here to argue the rules, they are what they are and consecutive attacks under 150ms IS illegal eminating from the same village. However, from my understanding of how this rule was established, it is arbitrarily based that attacks cannot be sent legally within that time frame. On the contrary, I know players who can send out trains under 100ms without the use of bots or scripts.

Nonetheless, rules are rules and the player should have some sort of punishment for breaking them.
Not just bots or scripts, packet delayers, (and other methods) to.Some routers even do this automatically.
If they broke the rules, then your right they should be punished, so IF what is said here is true, he should be saying this in a ticket, as that would actually get something done about it.

DeletedUser

but it is also about consistancey in previous worlds the player has been banned and the village returned to the player than the illegal train was sent on.But in this case that did not happene all that happened was that the player was warned
How is that consistant
regardless it was illegal clearly defined in rule 14

This makes no sense... Say your robbed a market stool of some sweets and where caught would you think it fair to be punished the same as a bank robber? i think not every case is different and the Ingame staff treat it as such.

DeletedUser

Not just bots or scripts, packet delayers, (and other methods) to.Some routers even do this automatically.
If they broke the rules, then your right they should be punished, so IF what is said here is true, he should be saying this in a ticket, as that would actually get something done about it.
This.

Pointless posting something that happens in game on the main forums :| Put a ticket in.

DeletedUser

I have had all this matter sorted out. The player has their village back, so there is really no need for this thread anymore.

DeletedUser

Wow. That is BS...what kind of example are the TW mods setting for other players? I mean, why make it a rule if no one is going to follow it?

I guess Ill cheat....now that I know I can get away with it.

They cancel it if it is real. So assume it is a fake.

master of the rangers

Ahh, now i know what you were talking about danny, coulda explained ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.