Churches

DeletedUser

So after some long thoughts I think the 'Church' is religion based. I mean not everyone believes in the 'Church'. What if someones tribe was made up of Buddhists? Where are their temples? What if they are Atheist? Where's Darwin? I'm just wondering. I want a good explanation for this. Who decided there'd be 'Churches'? I think you should be able to name your 'Church'?

tuye

Church: religious building: a building for public worship, especially in the Christian religion

That definition does not state it being a worship for Christians specifically, it can be for Buddhist worship, Muslim Worship, Darwinist Worship, food worship, any kind of worship that you want. As an Atheist though, I do understand that much of the world is Christian, and that parts of their religion will commonly appear in life. It is not a big deal, they are not attacking any certain religion.

DeletedUser

Yea, I understand that. Just kind of wish I could rename my building.

this could be @nyone?

So after some long thoughts I think the 'Church' is religion based. I mean not everyone believes in the 'Church'. What if someones tribe was made up of Buddhists? Where are their temples? What if they are Atheist? Where's Darwin? I'm just wondering. I want a good explanation for this. Who decided there'd be 'Churches'? I think you should be able to name your 'Church'?

oh and its a old style game.and its location is european based (germany would be my guess) where the main religions were Judaism and Christianity.

DeletedUser49935

isnt there a setting in settings wherre u can turn it off? i barely noticed it anyway

DeletedUser

1. If you are trying to be funny, you failed horribly.

2. If you are serious you are truly ignorant... I bet there are a bunch of players that are not christian playing this world and no one is making a topic, so stop trying to get attention. The other people dont say anything because it is just a GAME.

DeletedUser

Not the first time I've seen such a topic, nor will it be the last.

The main point you need to understand is, who cares what they call it? The Church provides a special setting and function in worlds it is active, and it is their choice to call the building whatever they want, since they developed the game.

If you really must have a reason why, though, this game is based on Medieval European society, which was very, very, very Christian. Therefore, most places of worship during that time period in Europe were, in fact, Christian churches. So, by representing the religious aspect of the game with the Church, they are merely being Historically accurate, something that being PC should not have precedence over.

DeletedUser

I hate churches. They should make it so that it takes like 10mins 4 lvl1 20for lvl 2 30for lvl 3 and then have extended radiuses

DeletedUser

I hate churches. They should make it so that it takes like 10mins 4 lvl1 20for lvl 2 30for lvl 3 and then have extended radiuses

Well, you have two choices:
  • Don't play a Church world.
  • Post your suggestion here.

DeletedUser

so its been a while since the start of this world? will anyone ever play a church world again? or do you prefer them?