Classic World/High Performance World - Start on March 29th

DeletedUser2

First up, we have decided to rename this world to High Performance World. It is meant for experienced players and to create high activity and a high level of Perfermance. It does not mean it has to have the old settings. Therefore the name Classic world just does not fit exactly and we've decided to change the name.
As before this world will be a premium only world to attract serious players that will stay active. By that we try to keep the world more attractive and powerful.

Preparation for the start of the next round took a bit longer than expected, but we've now solved all issues and are ready to start. To give everyone an equal chance we've decided to give everyone a day to prepare.
The World will open on the 29th at 0:01 server time. (I give the time like this so that everyone knows it is the morning of the 29th, not the evening).

Setting:
Speed: 1.5 (as before)
Unit Speed: 1
Beginner protection: 3.5 days
Academy style: Packages
Units: No Archers or Paladins
Bonus villages: Barbarian/Bonus villages will grow, but slightly slower than on the newer worlds, there will be a higher ratio of villages.
Starting location: random (we hope for players to make new contacts and not work in old groups)

As the first round this round will also have a set duration:
We've decided to end this round on July 19th at 20:00 Server time.
(That seems about the time that the last round got less interesting, so we've set it to that. If this round stays interesting longer, we might offer an extention with a poll)

(Go to http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=56343 if you want to discuss anything. Please do not discuss that the world is a premium only world, as this will not change!)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2

As july 19th has passed it is time to see if the round should go on any longer. I'll add a poll to the world so the players can vote if the round should end or be extended.

Click on "settings -> surveys" to vote

DeletedUser

Sorry,

But the survey area doesn't work. You can't pick an answer.

Thank you

CrC

DeletedUser

This survey is open till July28, 2008 here the screen shot:

Here what the survey look like when I open the next page:

Doesn't work!!

DeletedUser

I vote to close it, I missed the beginning of the round because PayPal was being annoying, and it took 3 weeks before I was able to join, but I like to start from the beginning...

DeletedUser

CLOSE IT NOW
i just payed for it, and totally dident read the forums or look at the satus of the world

Deathbringer989

As these forums are proving, even with a new round, non experienced players are still playing the world, or intending to play the world.

Personally, I'd like to see a new style of HP, involving having to apply to join the world. Then we can return to the high standard of R1. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

As these forums are proving, even with a new round, non experienced players are still playing the world, or intending to play the world.

Personally, I'd like to see a new style of HP, involving having to apply to join the world. Then we can return to the high standard of R1. :icon_neutral:

That's a good idea, but who's got the time to read and approve all of those requests? ...and what about people who choose to use alias'?

I don't think you'll ever match your experience from round 1. That's just how it is. When I used to play warcraft2, there was always talks about getting the old players back, but it never happens; it when they do come back, it's for a very short time span, as they lose interest easily.

...out with the old, in with the new