Closing w32 for joining...

DeletedUser

Closing w32 for joining?

What do you think?

Will be having our 2nd anniversary this coming January 22nd 2011.

DeletedUser

They don't do it until you hit 1k players.

Despite the fact that over 1000 of our 1700 players have less than 500 points.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Worlds close before 1K.

The vote on if the players of the world want half price nobles happens around the 1K mark.

DeletedUser

The closure of a world usually occurs when the number of villages hits a certain number, rather than the number of players remaining.

DeletedUser

hehe. Add one player to that 1000 players that are under 500 points. Im starting again from scratch to try some strategies.

DeletedUser

i would prefer halfed packets....

Oh hell yea - you don 't know what that would mean XD.

whats say all wars halt and we all just noble out the inactive players so they don't have villages eh? Then we get half packets XD (Yes I did read your comment Petn).

DeletedUser

The closure of a world usually occurs when the number of villages hits a certain number, rather than the number of players remaining.

Of total villages? Any idea what that number is? And is it based on player villages? or total villages including barbs that people no longer own?

It's incredibly frustrating right now because there are 1000 players with under 500 points, and only 1800 players on the server.
The change over as people join and quit, isn't allowing the player count drop down, and those joining, aren't actually playing the world because it's already too far along.

DeletedUser

I'm not quite sure what it is at the moment; when i have the chance I'll ask what the requirements are. There was a time where I think it was different to what it is now, but that's because worlds were growing at such a rate that they were getting closed almost as the next one opened. As far as I'm aware, it is (or at least was) based on the total number of villages in the world, barbarian and player owned. Basically, once the world reached a certain density of villages, and there was no more space for the rim to expand, then the world was closed, but I can see your reasons for asking. I'll find out and post back here when I have an answer for you all.

UPDATE:

Right, I asked Morthy, he said that there used to be a specific formula involving villages, but nowadays it's done on a case by case basis, with a check being done every few months to see if any worlds should be closed. Good news is that the next time such a check is done (probably soon), w32 will most likely be closed to new registrations, though restarting will still be possible for players already on the world. That is only stopped with the endgame period begins, which is when one tribe owns (roughly) 75-80% of the world, but again this is on a case by case basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not quite sure what it is at the moment; when i have the chance I'll ask what the requirements are. There was a time where I think it was different to what it is now, but that's because worlds were growing at such a rate that they were getting closed almost as the next one opened. As far as I'm aware, it is (or at least was) based on the total number of villages in the world, barbarian and player owned. Basically, once the world reached a certain density of villages, and there was no more space for the rim to expand, then the world was closed, but I can see your reasons for asking. I'll find out and post back here when I have an answer for you all.

UPDATE:

Right, I asked Morthy, he said that there used to be a specific formula involving villages, but nowadays it's done on a case by case basis, with a check being done every few months to see if any worlds should be closed. Good news is that the next time such a check is done (probably soon), w32 will most likely be closed to new registrations, though restarting will still be possible for players already on the world. That is only stopped with the endgame period begins, which is when one tribe owns (roughly) 75-80% of the world, but again this is on a case by case basis.

Also, im curious as to why player accounts take so long for them to be deleted when inactive. i know someone irl that has not logged onto w32 for months, is a few hundred points, and does not use PA, but their acc is still there

DeletedUser

That I'm not sure as to the answer, I could take some guesses but I don't have admin access ingame! What I would suggest, is that if you have random questions, you should make use of the ingame moderators as that's what they're there for :p

DeletedUser

thanks for your responses petn...

lets hope for the worlds sake, it closes for registration and nobles become half price.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
An account takes 15 days to go barb with no log in.

However some players do log in & do nothing at all. You even get players who do not restart yet still log into the world account both the above mean that the account stays active in the world.

That is one reason for seeing a few players with zero points in a world.

You also get the odd player who spent premium but never did a thing or who has got premium but does not restart both again keep the account active.

As for worlds closing it is very random now. When asked why W21 did not close (had loads of new players starting in the core which are a real pain) the answer was they forgot :)

DeletedUser

Here is a request to all w32 players with just 1 village. Plz go barb/delete account, so the rest of w32 active players can get lowered packetet prizes. If you do so, this would be apreciated alot...;)

DeletedUser

Thanks Pet, appreciate the quick response.
o_O when did AYK become a mod? Congratulations anyway. :icon_biggrin:

As for this world closing for joining, it will happen on the 23rd December. Now all we need is to noble out all those little players so we get lower packets. Truce to everyone in the world till then? :lol:

DeletedUser

/me is half tempted to get a load of people to join w32 just for teh lulz.