~Community W48 Newspaper~

ToPaT

By the community for the community.

In this issue we have an interview with the duke of the whole Wolf family, A map of the top ten tribes in ODA and a selection of the finest stats and milestones known to man (or just the production team.)

Deathfire09's Interview Time!

[spoil][2:11:17 PM] deathfire09: 1. What impact do you believe that the Wolf Family has had on W48 or well have?

[2:13:01 PM] RVwolfpack: I believe we bring a sense of Honor to the game. We have a basic strategy of 'Attack only when Attacked'. Wh honor all of our diplomatic agreements 100% and will not tolerate renegade players who violate our diplomacy. So I hope ultimately what we bring is a sense of 'Fair and Honorable' play to this game.

[2:13:45 PM] RVwolfpack: Our family motto being 'No Greater Friend - No Worse Enemy'

[2:15:00 PM] deathfire09: 2. What brought you to create the Wolf Family, and why so many family tribes?

[2:18:42 PM] RVwolfpack: I created the first wolf tribe as a result of a previous merger that went wrong. I for one despise people who make deals, and then turn around and violate the deal they made. So after the tribe we merged with had blatantly violated their merger deal (I had been with a different tribe at the time of that merger, and was not in a leadership position) I immediately left the tribe and sent a mass PM out to all the players who had been with me originally. Seems they liked my concepts of 'fair play' in the game, so they immediately followed. Next thing I know, the tribe is full, so the idea was to form a sister tribe. Its really a long story behind that...... continued

[2:19:27 PM] RVwolfpack: In alliances, an alliance really isnt worthwhile unless it is 100% reciprocal. So we basically created our own 'Alliances' by creating a family.

[2:20:00 PM] RVwolfpack: Our only true alliance was -EXG-... so since we had a stong alliance, we simply merged with them.

[2:20:55 PM] RVwolfpack: So in short, the reason for such a large family... Its like an internal alliance. We now have no need for allies and such since we are essentially our own ally within the family.

[2:23:10 PM] deathfire09: 3. There are many diffrent types of recruitment methods, what is your prefered type of recruitment method?

[2:24:23 PM] RVwolfpack: Talking with people... I chat with them about the tribe and require them to ask for an invite. Mass recruitment does not create a reliable tribe. I basically build a trust with potential players.

[2:25:23 PM] deathfire09: 4. What recruitment method has been used by the Wolf Family for the most part so far?

[2:25:44 PM] RVwolfpack: See above

[2:26:31 PM] RVwolfpack: Thats always been my method. I cant necessarily speak for -EXG- and their previous methods... but they had also buiilt a strong tribe, so what ever method they used was obviously a good one....

[2:27:38 PM] deathfire09: 5. Some have referred to the Wolf Family as mass recruiters and failures for having so a big family, what is your opinion to people's comments like that?

[2:27:50 PM] RVwolfpack: Jealousy

[2:27:55 PM] RVwolfpack: LOL

[2:29:08 PM] deathfire09: 6. Do you believe that the Wolf Family is hindered in anyway in growth from such a large family or has it helped the entire family as a whole to grow?

[2:32:15 PM] RVwolfpack: The best way I can answer that is for people just to have a look at us on the map and come to their own conclusions. Its obvious that many of our players are 'Boxed in' and cant really grow, but theres still plenty of greys for them if they need another vil, and they can still support other wolf players that are on the outskirts of our clusters... But in short, we keep getting bigger becuase theres still plenty of tribes that want a fight with us... Therein we find more growth. continued....

[2:34:00 PM] RVwolfpack: Hard to explain.... but since we are all a family, our players know that regardless of which specific wolf tribe they are in, they can count on the other wolves in their immediate area for support if needed. Thats why we have a family higharchy... we are in constant communication with the other tribes continuing to reinforce that we are all one family and all work together.

[2:34:06 PM] RVwolfpack: One thing we dont tolerate

[2:35:07 PM] RVwolfpack: If someone wants to be a part of our family, but they refuse to participate when there's a tribal call to duty, then they were never a wolf in the first place, and from there Ill let you draw your own conclusions

[2:38:14 PM] deathfire09: 7. Well the size of the Wolf Family decrease over time to create a more expierenced tribe or well it continue the way it has for the most part?

[2:40:38 PM] RVwolfpack: We have created what we call an Elite tribe and Novice tribe... Some would call one of them an 'Academy', but I prefer not to use that term. The novice tribe is for people who are not as active. Real Life takes priority over any game... so its understandable that some players would not be as active as others... We have 2 elite tribes - Xwolf1 and Xwolf2 - the others are Novice tribes.

[2:43:19 PM] RVwolfpack: but yes... we will likely continue to grow. Our gaming 'method' is what draws many people to us. (We of course get players who I assume want to join just for the 'protection' of being with a larger tribe) but those players activity levels are soon discovered, and if they join without participating, then well........ Lets just say we have methods of dealing with them. We only want players who in turn want to be a part of the tribe... and that means tribal participation.

[2:44:50 PM] deathfire09: 8. Do you think that the Wolf Family has over recruited at the moment or are they at a good size for such a large family in your opinion?

[2:45:59 PM] RVwolfpack: We are just right - For this stage in the game. Anything further would be for me to disclose our ultimate tactics, which I obviously wont be doing : )

[2:48:13 PM] deathfire09: 9. With the very limited external forum represintation of the Wolf Family in the world forums, is there anything you would like to say to the entire world?

[2:52:22 PM] RVwolfpack: 'No Greater Friend - No Worse Enemy'... If a player doesn't believe it, try attacking to find out what sort of enemy we can be. If they want to be friendly, send a PM to a player and find out what we're all about. It doesnt guarantee an alliance or PA, but it will be far more beneficial to be friendly. (That of course excludes players who fly the colors of our enemies. Once we are in a 'Tribal War' it doesnt matter how friendly the player is... If they fly the colors of our enemy, then they are the enemy, plain and simple.) Best to simply leave the tribe of the enemy if they want us on a 'friendly side'[/spoil]

St-st-staaaaat of the week!

An Overview of how well the tribes have done over the week.

[spoil]
weekly.png
[/spoil]

This week we are with flame! having a look at their performances over the week.
[spoil]
flameweekly.png
[/spoil]

M-m-m-monster Map of the week!

[spoil]The map was finnished way before I was ready to publish (like a week before I could publish so it's not entirely up to date.)
top10odaw48264.png
[/spoil]

That concludes this weeks issue the next issue will be in a fortnight's time. so roughly it'll be up on the 20th of Map.

If you would like to contribute to the next issue state what you can offer in a mail to either my forum or ingame account mailbox. Note; I check the ingame alot more then I check the forum mailbox.

Good luck ingame and have fun reading.

- The Production Team

DeletedUser87937

nice 1 mate :) great update :)

i saw tons of my names in the ODA sections for flame... crap.. now my whole tribe know my offensive forces thanks to my co-player... i was intending of laying low...

DeletedUser

Looks good. I will have something good for the next one.

gold geo

I agree, it needs more sections with some real world news, you could do war segment maybe with all the current big wars stats from the past week maybe.

It was good for a first one though, I look forward to seeing how it advances =)

Repinski

I must say I am surprised this was not mentioned. But all in all good issue. ^^

image.php

DeletedUser

Maybe a thread named something like

Most interesting wars, conflicts and upsets.

link11223454

Definitely a great first article. I can only hope to see more with each passing week, until we get something solid going here. Nice interview, deathfire.

DeletedUser

So was mine, you can post that also.

There were a lot of large jumps this week.