Constant Rounds!

• Thread starter DeletedUser123126
  • Start date

DeletedUser123126

Why are the rounds so Far apart and a night XD?

We wont rounds Constantly like .UK Server?

Can we not have it like that? We as a community need an Update!

Also if you don't have anyone making the Rounds I'll put myself up there for the job!

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hi

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we haven't had a speed round since january 2013. As the new community manager I have promised .net that I would reopen speed, but we will also do so in a way that is manageable for us.
While I understand that you want more speed, I believe you can be grateful that after 6 years we even considered reopening speed (as it did not end nicely when it was closed) and at least show some appreciation towards that.

Speed will remain at a low pace at this point until we have found suitable ways of moderating and managing it.

Let me make clear that this is your only option: manageable by us or no speed at all. We will not open discussion about this.

More speeds will follow in the future, but I can not say whether or not this is the near or distant future.

DeletedUser123064

On tribalwars.nl are speed worlds everyday, maybe you could contact the guy who manages that to help you

(ropiloot11 on the dutch forum)

DeletedUser116338

We appreciate the rounds JawJaw, don't mistake our eagerness to play as ingratitude!

It is just going to take time, it will take time for .net to rebuild its speed player base, it will take time for a schedule to be found for continuous rounds (whatever best suits the moderator) whether that means covering 3/4 days of the week with longer rounds that is yet to be seen and it is going to take time for JawJaw to figure out which settings are most supported by the community. That is why feedback is so important at this stage!

Marik

The issue is this is international server and there is a lot of players from different countries with different hours you might think far apart at night but to others could be in morning , difficult to do some balance , but might be a good idea to start one speed round at night the other one start afternoon .

Last edited:

DeletedUser123126

Making Silly rounds ain't going to get more people to join in and give them more determination to join the Rounds because on Other Servers there bash rounds are 5-8 Hours long not 48 Hours, I for one dont support whom is making this rounds and to make it at 21:00 at night is appalling

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Making Silly rounds ain't going to get more people to join in and give them more determination to join the Rounds because on Other Servers there bash rounds are 5-8 Hours long not 48 Hours, I for one dont support whom is making this rounds and to make it at 21:00 at night is appalling
You should honestly stop shooting your horn like you are som huge deal... I still remember your forum post here :p

This is the first time managing speed for more or less every moderator on the international servers. You don't become masters in a day, and they rely on feedback that actually PROVIDES INFO TO IMPROVE

you saying "Urgh Hurgh Bad Bad, give me more small speed rounds" doesn't help. There is a suggestion box where you can request speed settings, and meanwhile you need to let the team try out and see what fits the international servers. Because, captain obvious here, what works on .nl doesnt necesserily work on .net. And the last time I tried speeds on other servers I found them to be rather empty and dead every time, while these longer wait times gives me much bigger and harder speeds to play, which makes it way more fun.

Personally I am really enjoying the speeds we are currently having, and the rate at which they come out makes them more competetive which I appreciate. This is the first speed rounds where I havent been the only guy left on the server with nukes & nobles after 3 hours on a 6 hour speed. When I played before I was often alone on the top early in the speed 7 out of 10 times. Yet to happen here.

So, JawJaw you are doing great testing the waters slowly. Appreciate the return of speeds, and remember. The loudest mouths are the smallest brains often. Those who are enjoying it rarely shout on the forums, those who never become happy do tho.

DeletedUser116338

Admittedly the rounds do suck right now, but I expected such and I am still happy with what we have got.

I don't imagine ill participate in the server competitively though until we see more of these settings:

x350 speed
0.6 unit speed
Level 0 start with raised mines to 6,6,6
6/6 barbs per player
20 minutes Beginner protection
Paladin active
Morale disabled
Simple technologies
4-6hour long

This is the more standard low setting round for TW speed, most servers do something similar as their more common rounds.

Marik

Compare to where i play in my version there isn't much players do you know that sometimes we win with 7 villages? at least we have (sleep mode) here and whatever the setting is , I'm still enjoying the speed round .

but give them time they didn't do it for years .