Copied Tribe Names Discussion

• Thread starter Trolololololololololol
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Upon glancing at the tribe rankings, I couldn't help noticing a number of familiar names.

Rabid - Same name and CoA of an old W62 tribe.
PANIC - Same as above, minus the CoA.
Wobble - Rank 1 tribe on W65 (which I'm in), same profile and CoA with edited contact details.
W56V - Clearly an allusion to the rank 1 tribe, W2V, on W56.
1ns4n3 - The tribe that won W37.

These tribes have all been made, as far as I can see, without any endorsement from the tribes whose name they've copied.

This raises a number of interesting points:

Should these tribes be allowed to copy the names of successful and often much better tribes?

How far is this plagiarism?

Despite the unauthorized nature of these tribes, does using another tribe's standing give them an advantage?

If the tribe becomes infamous, would this dirty the name of the original tribe?

How many people from the original tribe need to be in one of these 'fake' tribes before it becomes a legitimate copy?

Will a tribe that uses the name of a tribe on a past world, even if the member base is the same, be quite the same?

Discuss.

DeletedUser110576

sticker,375x360.png

DeletedUser

Maybe it was an accident? I mean, if i name my kid Bob is that me stealing the name of Bob the Builder? Some of those names you listed are pretty common. I mean 1ns4n3 is so easy to come up with on accident. Everyone uses that number and letter combination.

DeletedUser

Maybe it was an accident? I mean, if i name my kid Bob is that me stealing the name of Bob the Builder? Some of those names you listed are pretty common. I mean 1ns4n3 is so easy to come up with on accident. Everyone uses that number and letter combination.

+1 It's clearly accidental that Wobble has the exact same COA as the W65 Wobble does. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I doubt PANIC is easy to come up with... it took me a whole hour to think of it. It was funny though. some of the ideas that were thrown out during that hour :p

DeletedUser

+1 It's clearly accidental that Wobble has the exact same COA as the W65 Wobble does. :icon_redface:

I mean, how many COA could one come up with? Only so many pictures in the world.

I doubt PANIC is easy to come up with... it took me a whole hour to think of it. It was funny though. some of the ideas that were thrown out during that hour :p

What other ideas were thrown out? :I

DeletedUser

well mostly banable names tbh :p

so im not sure if i should say here :p
but you can always ask chase and star (to bad she quitted)

DeletedUser105443

The question is that are those really the real members?:D

others are lurking around as well ready to pawn nubes :p

DeletedUser

The question is that are those really the real members?:D

others are lurking around as well ready to pawn nubes :p

Deathly Hugger Mar 26,2013 22:26
did you play W62 or not?

cool37132 Mar 27,2013 05:30
Yes why?

Deathly Hugger Mar 27,2013 11:15
where you in panic?

cool37132 Mar 27,2013 11:17
No I was not even aware it existed I did not get very far only around the 700 points mark before I quit tribalwars for a bit

Deathly Hugger Mar 27,2013 11:19
how did you come up with that name then?cause i made that name up for friend on W62....

cool37132
Mar 27,2013 11:22
Hmm I came up with the name back in world 31 accept back then is was passively Argo noobs In combat I changed it cause it didn't make sense

so who believes his story? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser110585

Come across '67Smile - 67S' thought this was pretty sad, I was in Smile on world 67 & was leading the tribe for a number of weeks before quiting the world due to time & I don't see one name that was in my tribe back then. If they were, then they must have only been in Smile on world 67 for less than a week.

DeletedUser

i was looking at the apparent w56 veterans,
i dont recognize a single name
can only imagine they are tiny rims players who werent nobled out in time

DeletedUser

It does say 'survived' rather than 'one' on their profile, so think that's probably the case.

DeletedUser105443

i was looking at the apparent w56 veterans,
i dont recognize a single name
can only imagine they are tiny rims players who werent nobled out in time

atleast they survived that world :D

DeletedUser110576

It is only a honour if people steal the name of the tribe, means the tribe did well on a previous world.

I am from original 1ns4n3 (w37) and i do not care if people steal the name.