Coplay with my Dad?!?

DeletedUser

Ok so I got my dad interested in the game back in w34. I since left that world after my tribe got spanked by his tribe (I'd like to say there was a bit of foul play in getting most of my team mates banned, but meh) and joined UK2, where I started out on my own and then started coplaying with a mate (let him noble my villages out and just play his account). I then stopped playing for a while due to RL issues, but then came back to coplaying with him. I've kind of lost the luster for that world as I don't have my own account, and learning where all the villages are is annoying. But we were sitting on top and doing very well in the world.

My Dad's account has similar problems - his naming of villages leads to all sorts of confusion - You can't tell where any of them are! Which is highly frustrating. I'd need to spend a week trying to figure out a decent naming convention to use. Can I be bothered? If I could, then I'd have the say on the account mostly (as I'm a far better player than my dad lol) - so that would be good...plus he could look after the account on the weekends and evenings when I can't be bothered!

I think the question I need to ask you guys is...

If you started coplaying an account with ~200 villages in 4/5 continents, how would you go about naming the villages if they had arbitary names? I've never had that many villas because RL has always got in the way.

DeletedUser

Name them with numbers, and K numbers

K54 - 001
k54 - 002
K65 - 001

etc...

DeletedUser

That's a bit naff though when all the villas are in different places in a K. My dad was a bit daft and if he conquered one villa in NW he named it 056, and then if the next villa he nobled was in SE in the same K he named it 057...then after 100+ he stopped numbering them :\
Maybe I want something magical thing to tell my mind where everything is all at once. Or I just can't remember where villas are past 70+ villas :( pity me.

King Matt II

A001
B001

Different letter for each 'cluster' of villages. :)

DeletedUser

A good naming convention can be something like "continent:sector:village" it map location of the village from co-ordinates. e.g 330|482 would become continent 43, sector 83 and village no. 20. If u find this one complex just use co-ord as village name :) . Anyways keep a village renamer script in hand and do mass renames when under attack/attacking. rename all villages to same name that helps.

DeletedUser

Cheers guys, I think Kxx Annn sounds like a good idea. Will just have to figure out how many to group into a cluster as he's all over the place lol.

DeletedUser

group them into K's using the premium group feature. I had quite a few groups in w24, but it kept me organized and on top of things.

I think I had K61, K60, K62, K51, K70 as my main groups. Under them I had sub groups - nukes, rebuild nukes, sp/sw, rebuild sp/sw, hc/sp, rebuild hc/sp, nobles, rebuild nobles, and rebuild buildings.

Seems like a lot but when you get further into the game it really does keep everything tidy.

Edit: As for the villages names, your question, if you use the premium grouping method you can name your villages all the same. Definitely does help when you're mass-attacking players who aren't as good...

DeletedUser

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
w34? it was my world too. :)

DeletedUser

I would try doing something with the first digit of the X-coordinate, followed by the first digit of the Y-coordinate, and then the normal numbers:Village at 573|761 would be named: 577361Then you just reverse the first two digits mentally to recognize it as K75, and then the other two show the position within the K

DeletedUser

That`s about as complicated as it goes. :)

I assume you`re playing with premium. If so, use groupings. Find your setup, but something along the lines HoorayForPeepee mentioned.

DeletedUser

I name my villages as anagrams of my various names and aliases in alphabetical order... It works wonders. :icon_rolleyes: (For instance: Law Violin, Wall I Vino, Villa I Won, the list goes on and on).

DeletedUser

this script will name them for you by K and their coords so al the villages will be kinda grouped.

javascript:function%20convert_coords(x,y){con=Math.floor(y/100)+''+Math.floor(x/100);sec=(Math.floor(y/10)%2510)+''+(Math.floor(x/10)%2510);sub=(y%2510)+''+(x%2510);return%20con+':'+sec+':'+sub;}var%20doc=document;if(window.frames.length>0)doc=window.main.document;var%20inputs=doc.getElementsByTagName('input');for(i=0;i<inputs.length;i++){id=inputs.id;index=id.indexOf('edit_input');if(index!=-1){id=id.substring(index+11);str=doc.getElementById('label_text_'+id).innerHTML;mid=str.lastIndexOf('|');x=str.substring(str.lastIndexOf('(')+1,mid);y=str.substring(mid+1,str.lastIndexOf(')'));inputs.value=convert_coords(x,y);inputs[i+1].click();}}end();

DeletedUser

THAT IS BRILLIANT! Not that I've tried it yet, because I spent an hour nearly renaming the villas with what K they are in. If I use it, dad will be upset the villas lose their cunning names he gave them lol.
Thanks!