Countdown to the end...

DeletedUser73155

Oh yay another thread ruined, will this excitement never cease.

Irontusk

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I could clear it up but there's always going to be posts between updates in threads like these... just try to push it back to other threads where it's appropriate :icon_razz:

jesseiam2

UPDATE

AS OF Aug 20th Server

Number of players: 333 (-8)
Total villages: 233.180 (+5) (700.24 per player) (+16.44)
Player villages: 156.640 (+810)
Barbarian villages: 76.540 (-805)
Bonus villages: 20.803 NC

Total players with > 0 points: 328 (-5)
Total players with > 10,000 points: 290 (-3)
Total players with > 100,000 points: 244 (-5)
Total players with > 500,000 points: 199 (-4)
Total players with > 1,000,000 points: 176 (-2)
Total players with > 5,000,000 points: 120 (-1)
Total players with > 10,000,000 points: 69 (+3)
Total players with > 15,000,000 points: 20 NC
Total players with > 20,000,000 points: 3 NC
Total players with > 25,000,000 points: 1 NC

Based on top 40 players...

Total tribes with > 0 points: 32 (+1)
Total tribes with > 100,000 points: 20 (+1)
Total tribes with > 1,000,000 points: 13 NC
Total tribes with > 10,000,000 points: 7 NC
Total tribes with > 100,000,000 points: 3 NC
Total tribes with > 500,000,000 points: 1 NC

Tribe with highest percent of player owned villages: FREE - 40.98% (+0.38%) (64,184/156,640)
Top 2 tribes with highest percent of player owned villages: FREE/FURIE - 79.87% (-0.12%) (125,114/156,640)

One or two tribes can trigger a vote for deciding how the world will end by owning 85% of all player owned villages. Note that unlike the requirement for disabling restarts/morale, the two tribes must be allied. (currently not allied)

Server run-time: 972 days (7 days since last update)
Players remaining before reaching 300: 33 (-8)
Overall dominance required vs current: 70% (if we have been closed 9 months, not sure when we closed) vs 79.87% (checkpoint reached)

The criteria for the removal of morale and disabling of restarts are:
The world must be at least two years old.
The player count must be below 300.
The overall dominance of the top 2 tribes must be at least 85% *.

* Percentage of player owned villages.

Please note that once a world has been closed for at least 9 months the dominance criteria will be reduced to 70%.

Players needed to be removed before reaching next coin price reduction: 133 (-8)

Reduction of packets / gold coins to 1/5 of the original price *NEW*

Same as above, but this happens after the player count falls below 200 players and stays below for at least a week.

NOTES:

1. The overall percent of player owned villages between the top 2 tribes decreased this week due to the increase in barb nobling. This is a very bad sign and certainly is counter productive to the overall goal.
2. The +5 in total villages were dead player restarts.
3. 8 players lost in 7 days.
4. Congrats to RichardSharp on exceeding 2000 villages, bringing the players with 2000 villages to 3! (Drowned Dog and Gazhick being the other 2)
5. One new tribe this week, K1NGS. Its just a reshuffling on some NE players, something this world has become a bit accustomed too.
6. In just 7 days, player villages increased by 810 and barbs decreased by 805. I already commented on this in point #1, but I will reiterate. The tribes need to decide which is more important, the removal of players to end this world in a faster pace, or the nobling of barbs. Its been debated and beat to death, some players will argue that if they dont take those barbs, new red dots will pop up around them and they will have to deal with enemies in their churches. I can understand why someone would feel that way. That being said, there are 76,540 more barbs left. How long will it take to noble all of those so we can get on with the business of ending W31?
7. Final point, both FREE and FURIE (the largest 2 tribes) conquered 1,646 villages in the last 7 days. Yet the player owned villages only grew by 810. What does this mean? The vast majority of the barb nobles came between FREE and FURIE and the rest were internal nobles of dead players.

Side 1:
Tribes: FREE
Side 2:
Tribes: FURIE

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 74
Side 2: 102
Difference: 28

FREE vs FURIE accounted for a total ennoblement of 176 conquers vs each other, out of 1,646. Anyway you do the math, this boils down to one thing, barbs and internals. What it really means, is that its no surprise the overall % of player owned villages between the two tribes decreased, as no one is focusing on it. At this rate, prepare for the world to last another decade or so. :(

Comments, questions, thoughts, ideas, concepts, words of encouragement or scorn, feel free to post. Keep it clean and on topic.

Thanks to all and happy nobling!

Last edited:

DeletedUser74857

I think that on a server's 1000th day something special should happen... I'm not exactly sure what... but it seems like a fitting milestone for a celebration of sorts

jesseiam2

How about all players under 1 million points disappear! That would be a great 1000th day prize!

jesseiam2

In the words of the immortal Ivan Drago from Rocky IV...

boa.jpg

Slightly paraphrased, lol

jesseiam2

Seems that fortune has smiled on W31. The morale and restarts have been removed. The next update will reflect this.

I would think we should see a significant reduction in player count over the next 2 weeks with very small players getting nobled out. (cant say rimmed anymore, cause they dont get to go to the rim!)

jesseiam2

Well then...

Nevermind...

Tribal Wars team today at 19:28
Dear players,

Unfortunately, due to human error morale was disabled in this world and restarts were disabled when they should not have been, as the criteria have not yet been met.

These settings have now been reversed back to their original settings.

I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience and confusion caused by this.

Sincerely,
Allyboo
Ingame Administrator

DeletedUser73155

We're only 26 away, was it really worth them putting it back on!!

Every time one of these players gets cleared off the map they respawn somewhere else.
I took a ridiculous 2k village from alisteir in the hope that that would be one less waste of space to worry about and he popped up again in the NE complete with beginner protection...at this stage of the game...WTH!!!

jesseiam2

I cant disagree with you LKD. The players of the world just need to remove as many players as possible to overcome those who respawn. It wont be much longer till Allyboo resends that removal mail to us again. I hope.

DeletedUser74857

it just seems a bit silly... the mistake was taking was taking the change back... not making it.

jesseiam2

UPDATE

AS OF Aug 31st Server

Number of players: 319 (-14)
Total villages: 233.184 (+4) (730.98 per player) (+30.74)
Player villages: 157.260 (+620)
Barbarian villages: 75.924 (-616)
Bonus villages: 20.803 NC

Total players with > 0 points: 315 (-13)
Total players with > 10,000 points: 280 (-10)
Total players with > 100,000 points: 237 (-7)
Total players with > 500,000 points: 193 (-6)
Total players with > 1,000,000 points: 171 (-5)
Total players with > 5,000,000 points: 120 NC
Total players with > 10,000,000 points: 71 (+2)
Total players with > 15,000,000 points: 23 (+3)
Total players with > 20,000,000 points: 3 NC
Total players with > 25,000,000 points: 1 NC

Based on top 40 players...

Total tribes with > 0 points: 30 (-2)
Total tribes with > 100,000 points: 18 (-13)
Total tribes with > 1,000,000 points: 10 (-3)
Total tribes with > 10,000,000 points: 7 NC
Total tribes with > 100,000,000 points: 3 NC
Total tribes with > 500,000,000 points: 1 NC

Tribe with highest percent of player owned villages: FREE - 41.22% (+0.24%) (64,830/157,260)
Top 2 tribes with highest percent of player owned villages: FREE/FURIE - 80.26% (0.39%) (126,213/157,260)

One or two tribes can trigger a vote for deciding how the world will end by owning 85% of all player owned villages. Note that unlike the requirement for disabling restarts/morale, the two tribes must be allied. (currently not allied)

Server run-time: 983 days (11 days since last update)
Players remaining before reaching 300: 19 (-14)
Overall dominance required vs current: 70% (if we have been closed 9 months, not sure when we closed) vs 80.26% (checkpoint reached)

The criteria for the removal of morale and disabling of restarts are:
The world must be at least two years old.
The player count must be below 300.
The overall dominance of the top 2 tribes must be at least 85% *.

* Percentage of player owned villages.

Please note that once a world has been closed for at least 9 months the dominance criteria will be reduced to 70%.

Players needed to be removed before reaching next coin price reduction: 119 (-14)

Reduction of packets / gold coins to 1/5 of the original price *NEW*

Same as above, but this happens after the player count falls below 200 players and stays below for at least a week.

NOTES:

1. Apologies for this being later than anticipated, Irene wasnt very friendly to me, I just got power back and I still have quite a bit of water damage to take care of. First an earthquake, then a hurricane, now waiting on volcanic eruptions and riots to round out the disaster run!
2. The overall percent of player owned villages between the top 2 tribes increased. FREE and FURIE are out running the barb nobling which is a welcome sign toward ending this world. With over 600 barb nobles, this is quite the accomplishment.
2. The +4 in total villages were dead player restarts.
3. 14 players lost, getting close to the magic 300 number. For those who got the mail sent by the admins (cough, cough Allyboo, cough) saying that we had met the checkpoints and that morale and restarts had been cut off, joy and rapture reigned in the streets. We forgive you Allyboo, just cut the morale and restarts off after that 1 week cooldown post 300 players. We dont like to wait. :)
4. Lecherr has had a meteoric rise up the rankings, and is about to crack the 20 million mark. Stats show she barb nobled quite a bit, but then decided that the FURIE/FU-RIE inactives looked way too good to pass up on.
5. Overall number of tribes dropped which really doesnt mean all that much. If the tribes that disappeared were of significant size it would carry weight, however, 1-10 player tribes simply have no impact on the world and will pop up and die frequently.
6. An interesting point, there are currently 16,203 nobles sitting idle. With only 319 players, that is a very large number of nobles to just sit. Put another way, thats enough nobles to remove every village not owned by FREE/FURIE/BASH. Interesting thought...
7. Another interesting note, 286 of the 319 players are in tribes. This really doesnt mean anything, but its a neat stat. What do the other 33 players who arent in tribes do?

Comments, questions, thoughts, ideas, concepts, words of encouragement or scorn, feel free to post. Keep it clean and on topic.

Thanks to all, avoid natural disasters and happy nobling!

DeletedUser74857

I think it's sad that there are so many players left that aren't even worth nobling. I just can't fathom how someone in a 2 year old world could not have accumulated at least 10,000 points... and that's setting the bar pretty low. One would have to noble 2 villages at most. It can be reached with a single village! What are they doing that prevents them from reaching that milestone. I realize some of them are on the way down, but there are others who are still trying to grow down there... and it's kind of... well sad.

DeletedUser73155

Well i know that Alisteir is now ranked 301 because i took his two villages thinking either he couldn't or wouldn't restart...i was sadly wrong!!

But the worst by far has got to be Lavidicusbm...what the hell is that all about, why hasn't the account gone barb yet its been like that for over a year with no signs of growth or activity as far as i can tell!!

jesseiam2

An account wont go barb as long as it has PP and is set to autorenew of monthly premium. So if he bought a bunch of premium, and then abandoned ship, we are stuck with him.

Irontusk

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Apologies for disappearing comments, but there are those that would wish we keep on-topic threads like this clean :)