Cursum perficio

Colossus_of_VA

What you call your commitment to honor is what I call a moral commitment (doing the right thing). I usually sense that you have a very clear sense of what is right (or wrong) in most situations. For most, that usually indicates a very black and white view of the world. For you it doesn't. I think the better word would be is principled.

We have had discussions in the past where you have shown considerable understanding for different points of view. This doesn't mean that you caved into my arguments, but at least I could say that I convinced you on a few points. I think that part of the reason that we did get along was simply because we were honest with each other.

Interesting view point Junk... I'm sure I'm not up to the high moral standard your painting but thanks for the compliment, I agree that honesty is the best foundation for dealing with people, often they might take honesty as being harsh or brutal (and a few simple cant accept the truth). I believe that truth and dishonesty are simply black and white... almost never are there gray areas, the trick is that not everyone sees the black or white the same :icon_wink:

On a side note Junk... did you ever understand the reasoning behind going after RB and not Force? did you understand why it was RB that I targeted at that time instead of some other tribe?

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Personally, I could never believe the reason that you told me at the time (it was too flattering), although I now think that was a part of it. I suspect that my reason for not accepting the explanation is that I couldn't believe that what you mentioned would have a greater importance that I thought it did. At the bottom, I always thought of Force as a small tribe that just wanted to have fun. Most of my players were very inexperienced and enjoyed playing a team strat game for the first time. In order to do this, I very consciously kept force in a sandbox and very carefully chose targets as they presented themselves. As a result, I tended to take a rather humble view of my diplomacy (despite the bravado in other places)...

However, there were several objective factors to target RB and not Force, perhaps they played a factor?

1) Your allies (WB) were in a war with them. Also, they claimed that they had evidence that we started started it by declaring privately.
2) Your council certainly didn't object to the decision.
3) Certain specific people went out of their way to "get under your skin." And yes, I did order them to stfu. However, GB was rather effective in getting a reaction.
4) Personally, I always thought that Beldin was unfinished business for HOT.

Objectively, keeping Force out of it:
1) There is an outside chance that SE2 players would have had a problem with it. There's a small clique there that I helped after Xig.2 fell apart and they didn't forget it.
2) I also had other friends on the council that, although they would never betray HOT, they wouldn't have been rather enthusiastic about hitting Force. Funny enough, HOT was the only family (aside from RB) where I had friends in the senior leadership.
3) A diminished confederation could still be useful to HOT in securing the SE. We wouldn't be serious competition, but we were still not TW or ATEN.

Last edited:

Colossus_of_VA

..and i thought col was going to go at last..

BM... I'm not playing on W2, I'm not involved in W2 at all... isn't that enough for you or cant I even speak about things that happened in the past on W2?

Are you only happy when no one exists to oppose your way of thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2566

so you agree your purpose is to disagree with me?
no i just thought i was only one you wanted to dispute with..
get help? nah they'd not let me play tw anymore would they?

DeletedUser15940

I think im more blunt bout the truth then sugar coating the truth then telling it xD

DeletedUser

Oh I guess I'm late with this but -

Good luck in real life , from what I heard (never really chatted/spoke to you) , you were a great leader!

DeletedUser

You prefer world 1 with sea's of inactive villages? :icon_eek:

no the key word in the sentence is 'was' meaning it was great at one time, world 1 is currently way passed it's expiry date, in fact it has turned green with mold.

DeletedUser

Lol, now I'm on the same wavelength. :)

And I agree, it was great fun back in the day. ;]

Colossus_of_VA

On second thought... disregard the aforementioned retirement, perhaps there's a bit of trouble left for me to cause?

DeletedUser

By that, you mean to say, someone has offered an account and you desire to watch yellow paint dry as opposed to another colour?

Colossus_of_VA

By that, you mean to say, someone has offered an account and you desire to watch yellow paint dry as opposed to another colour?

In all the time that Ive played this game and you have known me.... Have I ever been apt to "watch paint dry"? :icon_twisted:

Colossus_of_VA

So your breaking the World vs TW thing or however that was phrased?

Isn't it already "broken"?, perhaps I'm misunderstanding the situation but as I see it, you guys cant be having any kind of real fun the way things are...