Custom skin - Settlers 5. Testers needed!

DeletedUser137

As many people with premium know, It is possible to have a custom skin, unfortunately not many exist.

I did make one on W1 and W2 for tribalwars Version 1 called the Settlers 5 skin.
I took it down becasue not only did all the buildings appear in the wrong places in V2 onwards but I found other websites claiming that they made it while at the same time linking to my deviantart (So I deleted it, lol)

Unfortunately TW was updated to 2, 3, 4 then 5 and the graphics rollback only goes back to V4 so it is STILL broken.

What I need testers for is to make sure I get everything in the right place in the new version and also to tell me where buildings are called up from in the folder as I cannot tell if V5 calls from Visual or Visual AND Big_Buildings.
I could do it myself but I'm goddam lazy, I already did it 3 years ago when I made it the 1st time and all I got were complaints about they couldnt set up IE7 (Goddam noobs).

Anyone who is interested, give me a PM and I can send a link to my current working file and share my MSN with them.

Edit: While i'm at it, i'm gathering the Newstyle graphics becasue there isnt a folder for it and creating a template folder because this is ridiculous.
3 years and there have only been 2 semi-decent skins and both no longer work.

Edit: Default skin complete. It may sound like i've done nothing but remember that the existing default skin does not exist for anything above version 2 (Which is COMPLETELY different).
Also I only have 1 village so I had to manually check out the frame properties and then type in every single combination of building, number and format. I even managed to find the elusive Wall0.GIF when all the walld 1 to 3 are .PNG and I only remembered that there was a wall being built animation.

I need testers for this.
Default TWv5 Skin V1.5

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(though i don't know anything)

Just try looking on Google :icon_razz:

DeletedUser137

(though i don't know anything)

Just try looking on Google :icon_razz:

oh my god, omg, roflcake, lolcopter and whatever the hell nooby way you speak.
*RAGE*

None exist.

Google will not save my ass now.

DeletedUser

stampcoin: dude. i, like you, knew nothing of this when i read this topic.
yet, if 308404 said that there were only two decent ones in three years, and that there were barely any in existance...do you really think theres going to be an abundance on google!??!?
plus TW has often changed their graphic versions on this game, so any previous ones wouldn't even work.

i would, but seeing as i have neither premium nor an account (at this exact point)....
good luck ;)

Shlomzi

Hell, you know what, I'll do it.

Anything to help a fellow poster right?

Just PM me exactly what you need me to do and how to do it. I have MSN but don't like it, Skype is better.

DeletedUser

Hehe.
Looks like i've helped bring some life here already.

:icon_razz:

DeletedUser137

First look at Settlers5 remade!
Alot of things are out of place but they now exist and load.
It is working and that is a good 1st step.

72533727.jpg

Its still a long way off how it used to look:

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1456/untitled1pi1.jpg
(For some reason I never got a screenshot of it finished.)

DeletedUser71940

:eek: i wouldn't mind that one, the only one I had was the christmas one, which I found pretty lame, LC as reindeer?

DeletedUser137

If you can get opera to list the media information of a frame then yes. Otherwise no.

If you do not know what i'm talking about then no.

DeletedUser71940

Lost me after media information, thought it would have been like some simple testing like "Does this does this.." etc etc :D. Sorry can't be of help in that case, if you could explain it to me how to find out the media information of a frame on firefox then I'll do it, if you can't be bothered it's cool, I'll just sneak steal the skin when it is ready :D. Good luck, hope you fix it soon.

DeletedUser137

Bump.
I've added the link to the default pack I made because the one in General will take all week to get approved.