Darthmoleman's Ultimate Village Guide for Newbs

2004 Artemis

"Level 2 academy"; I presume you mean workshop? On W38, I use a level 6 workshop. I had the same stupid argument where, simply because I upped my workshop 4 levels, I was suddenly a "noob".

Also, I have my HQ at 23. However, my market is dropped to 18/19, depending on the time. Market lfrom level 19-20 = 57 pop. HQ from level 20-23 = 59. Congratulations, you now have the possibility to make 2 extra axes than me!

W38 is a faster-world, with game speed being 2. With my workshop level 6, I get to churn out my 230 rams and 200 cats to finish within the same hour as my axes. If I dropped it to level 2, I'd be waiting hours longer. As it is, my nuke builds in 6.8 days or so.

So, simply because you disagree with a build, doesn't make someone a "newb"; as I'm fairly certain I'm a better player than you, and I;ve gone above both your HQ and workshop recommendations.

As a final point; Again, I could drop my market to 12. Dropping it from 20 - 12 would save me 283 farm space. However, I could up my HQ quite alot. If I upped it from level 20-28, it'd cost me 248 pop. But by dropping the market, I save 35 pop space. Also, points wise, the difference between level 12 market and level 20 market is 245 points. However, upping your HQ from 20 - 28 increases your points by 1,055. We have already seen we're saving space for troops (35 pop space), yet our points of village go up by 1,055. That means the village would be hitting somewhere around 10,300 points, 10,400.

So, please, tell me why I'm a noob for having higher than your suggested builds? It would seem its the other way around.

EDIT: I don't personally use 28 HQ, but I know people with a 10,800 village build and can hold as much troops as a 9,800 village build easily. Again, while stuff are an indication, they aren't fact.

What you miss on the Market/HQ is the added benefit of the building. For most villages, once they are built to the suited points, you are unlikely to build up anymore buildings (apart from walls, rally points). In extreme circumstances (see cat attack), you will have to deal with rebuilding, but this is discussing the majority, not the minority.

However, many players utilize their Market long into the game, thus you have greater benefit from a higher market than higher HQ. You may disagree, that is your decision to have a different opinion.

Internal Server Error

I wasn't saying you couldn't vary your village build. My whole point was based upon the fact that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Simply because someone has a bigger size village than you doesn't mean they're loosing out on alot of farm space (as I proved).

I was just highlighting the fact that everything has an advantage and disadvantage, and I was pointing out to Vampire.Prince that simply because he disagreed with it doesn't mean it's wrong.

DeletedUser

I wasn't saying you couldn't vary your village build. My whole point was based upon the fact that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Simply because someone has a bigger size village than you doesn't mean they're loosing out on alot of farm space (as I proved).

I was just highlighting the fact that everything has an advantage and disadvantage, and I was pointing out to Vampire.Prince that simply because he disagreed with it doesn't mean it's wrong.

How much pop space remains in yours? My average build on a coin world gives me 21002 pop space, and on an 3tech packet world, 21143 pop space. This is enough for a nuke of 20K pop, and 225 rams.
I have never had a problem with either, though some of my buildings are unusually low.

DeletedUser

Personally I go with the 9.714 build but have a variety on w17 if I am honest. My 9.714 build is:

20 HQ

25 Barracks
20 Stables
2 Workshop
1 Academy
20 Smithy
1 Rally Point
20 Market
30 Timber
30 Clay
30 Iron
30 Warehouse
30 Farm
0 Hiding
20 Wall

Bolded = EVERY VILLAGE SHOULD HAVE

This allows me to build the following:

7500 Axemen
2500 LC
400 MA
200 Scouts
250 Rams
21100 farm space,and mabe smoe cats extra,and btw guys is it god to makeavllae with 2-3k cats

DeletedUser61336

Not to try and drive all of this off-topic, but HUSH, unless you made some horrid mistake, then you are a bit off on your calculations. With those builds, and the troops you have put down, it would come out like this(the times are for W4 if anyone is wondering(WorkShop=lv.15))...

[spoil]
73334818.jpg
[/spoil]

Anyway, personally, I would go with several different builds(troops that is) on a fairly simple village build.

HQ - 20
Bar - 25
Stable - 20
WorkShop - 15
Academy - 2(lv. 1 if coin)
Smithy - 20
Rally - 1
Market - 10(I will explain)
All res - 30
Farm - 30
Storage - 30
Hiding Place - 10
Wall - 20

This gives you 20968 farm space left, and 9830 points to a village.

Because of the worlds I play on, I prefer the HC way of things, with techings and all.

So with the builds I have already posted, here are my builds.

Offensive

6018 axes
1665 HC
620 cats

11918 axes
1300 HC
250 rams

11818 axes
1830 rams

For the worlds without the 3-tech system, just switch the HC for LC, and it will work.

Side Note: For those wondering why my builds are like this, I prefer time over anything, though some of these builds may not seem very quick, the others make up for the others. :p

Now, for those wonder for the level 10 market, here is my explanation of it all...Fairly nice and tidy.

[spoil]Ok, I hope most of you know how to balance resources, with the market, which is a nice idea, but there are other ways to keep everything in check to keep the resources balanced and not really use the market at all.

To begin with, we will look at the troops that would normally be built. By now, most of you know of the 10k/10k or Sp/HC strat for defense. Both are very good, if used well, and to add on, resources are kept at bay. As for offensive units, generally there are axes, LC/HC, and rams/cats.

In both of those, if you check the resources needed for each unit, you can easily find the ones that need what the most. Simple, no?

Well, what do those numbers truly in relation to keeping the resources down low? Well, we will find out through this guide. :)

I will be looking at the offensive side of things in this.

Alright, so, we have found that the follow units cost a set amount each for each resource:

Unit: wood/clay/iron

Axe: 60/30/40
LC: 125/100/250
HC: 200/150/600
Ram: 300/200/200
Cat: 320/400/100

Alright, so, we have these numbers down, so lets start looking at a nuke, say 8k axes, 2.5k LC, and 400 rams, which is exactly 20k pop.

Axes: 480000/240000/320000
LC: 312500/250000/625000
Rams: 120000/80000/80000

Total: 912500/570000/1025000

Alright, so you have a nice gap between the clay and iron, which is a good thing, because of packets, packets take up more clay than iron. However, look at how lop-sided the resources are. Too much wood is being used, too little of clay is being used, and just enough iron is being used(in ratio to clay).

So, lets try a different build, say 6k axes, 2.9k LC, and 300 cats, to make things interesting. :p

Axes: 360000/180000/240000
LC: 362500/290000/725000
Cats: 96000/120000/30000

Total: 818500/590000/995000

There, you have a fairly well rounded amount to fit each and every part. Along with this, you also have a nice versatility to it, thanks to the cats. You have just barely over a 400k gap between the clay and iron, which you can eventually fill up with packet costs, so long as you are taking your time with rebuilding the troops, which does not always hold true.

Anyway, so lets look at packets, shall we? 1 packet cost 14000/15000/12500. So, lets look at the difference between clay and wood, and clay and iron. Between clay and wood, there is a gap of 1k, and a 2.5k gap between clay and iron.

Now lets try to balance out the resources completely, shall we?

Alright, so in the last troop build, the difference between wood and clay was 228500, and a 405000 between clay and iron.

Now, lets see how many packets would be needed to be store to balance that, k?

So, lets start with the wood/clay relation.

228500/1000 = 228.5

So, in that respect, you would need 228 packets stored to balance it. Now lets look at how long that would take. So, the resources go up at 3.6k an hour, and the max allowed is 400k. So, 400k/3.6k = 111.1 repeating hours, which equals ~4.6 days, give or take. So, in 4.6 days, you will get max resources, BUT, you do not need max resources, instead, you need only 390000. True, it is not a large difference, but it grows exponentially over time.

So now, we go with 390k/3.6k = 108.3 repeating, which is ~4.5 days, for a completely empty village. So, in ~4.5 days, you can store the max of 26 packets. So, divide the needed packets by 26, which gives you ~8.7, which is the number of times you need to store the max, so, multiply that with the time it takes to get there...Which gives you ~39 days. So a bit more than a month to do. Which isn't bad, but that is just wood-clay.

And now, for the iron...405000/2500 = 162 packets needed, which is less than the wood. So, with that done, all you would truly need to do is go by the wood-clay ratio, and build off of it until the resources are balanced.

So, just to rap it all up, lets do a quick resource add-up on the packets and troops.

So, packets were a need of 228, so it would be 3192000/3420000/2850000, now add the troop resources, which were 818500/590000/995000.

So it would be a grand total of: 4010500/4010000/3845000.

See how it all came together nicely? It saves you time from having to go through all your markets to rebuild every so often, and, even if you rebuild the troops more often than 39 days, it would probably bring it closer to balance. :p

You can fiddle around with the axes - LC(or HC) ratio, until the packet need get to be very close to balanced, this was just a demonstration as to how it works, to get everything in balance. :)[/spoil]

I have no idea for a coin world, so you can attempt at figuring it out if you want. Also, this is at half price nobles, so just cut the time in half for the newer worlds(cost = x2).

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The market is the key part in late game play if you are pushing your village gain to the max.

When you take a village the whole ratio is always based on clay lost per village gained as that is the only resource that counts to keep growing.

Why because every village gained has a plus of clay in relation to the wood & iron no matter what the build is the longer the troop build time ie SP/SW the longer the relationship between high clay & low wood & iron is kept.
Every D village is near maxed out with wood / iron. Using your market non stop is the best way to move resources to the villages in need.

If you just sit back & let the packet banking keep resources low you have lost the benifit while the village is filling up with troops.
The Nukes will & do get rebuilt this again takes away any extra wood iron & near enough keeps them balanced.

For that you need a market size in relation to how far your average travel distance is also activity does play a part.
The further your villages are apart the higher your market needs to be. Unles you are able due to a short time able to send 2 market trips per day a L10 market is neaver going to be high enough.

With a travel time of 40 hours (speed 1) I can just about get away with an average L18 market.
I now just either upgrade markets to L15 or knock them down to L20 if higher when I gain a new village.

As if you upgrade a village past L15 then the cost of clay is too great. You already have to spend some in building the wall up as it is in most villages taken.
Note I'm lucky as most villages taken have high markets so this gives a very good balance.

Here is the clay need to build up from L15 to L20: 32957 clay.
Base that on 1 village per day growth which is not hard & you soon spend the cost of an extra noble in the upgrades.

G0dzP0t

In your nuke build you don't need 600 MA. MA are made to take out regular archers, and with the terrible archer defense, one MA can take out almost 20 archers.

600 x 20 = 12,000

I don't know anyone who makes anywhere near 12,000 archers, the build time itself would be too much. I use 200-300 MA tops in my nukes, I have never needed any more.

That's just my 2 cents though.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I thinkhaving a mix within the tribe is a good option as it then makes it hard work for attackers to gain ground.

Lost serenity

I thinkhaving a mix within the tribe is a good option as it then makes it hard work for attackers to gain ground.

Kind of true. However, while many of you argue about village builds, a lot of it is opinion or preference. In a high-speed world, a lvl 23 or 24 hq makes sense. If you are building a village and you dont plan on taking more villages near that, than a high level market isnt too smart either.
Everyone has different village builds, but that doesnt make them bad players.