Deff villages ?

DeletedUser

Is 8000 spears and 2k HC sufficient enough to have in all your def villages?
Is this defence weak against some special attacks ?
Do you need variation in your defence or can you stick with 8000 spears and 2k HC in all def villages ?

DeletedUser108402

good and fast build defense. some people vary it .
best build in my opinion is 5000 spear 5000 archer and 1550 Hc and 300 scouts for archer worlds. that is only 19900 troop room taken leaving you room to build full villa and also some more troops to either build Lc for back-timing, more scouts, more defense, etc...

best way is to try out simulator against general nukes and see what the norm is. but this is just for full build, not a proper stack.
#1 7k ax, 3k lc, 250 or 231 rams
or
#2 7k ax, 2.7k lc, 200-300 ma, and 250 or 231 rams

DeletedUser112704

Is 8000 spears and 2k HC sufficient enough to have in all your def villages?
Is this defence weak against some special attacks ?
Do you need variation in your defence or can you stick with 8000 spears and 2k HC in all def villages ?

its quick and very balanced... but there is a small problem, while running tests through simulator, I encountered that if an attacker has enough luck, he'll be able to clear that D with a single standard nuke.

I use that in all of my ordinary villages, as its very quick to build/rebuild. but it'll be nice to have some bonus villages for some heavy D builds. I personally always build couple of villages with barracks bonus, with 8k spears, 9k swords, 2.5k archers. there's a room for some variations, I personally recruit around 500 scouts using it.

as this is a flag world, you can speed it up a bit by adding recruitment flag, in the end, its not that much slow, not to be worth building. takes a single nuke easily and if you're lucky enough, might take a second one too.

king gustav II Adolf

GOG recommends (for 20K population points) 6K spears, 2K Archers, and 2K HC. Swords are for foodlings

GOG... You disappoint me! How can you let yourself drop out of character like that? Don't you have a 3 word/sentence limit?

Anyways.. Back to the topic.

Isn't it pretty useless to mix spear and archers? Shouldn't you mix sword and archers instead (with some exceptions for "special" nuke protection, such as LC based nukes)?

Also, if you have the bonfire maybe a high degree of catas is worth making while you still are low points?

Cheers

Rebel2society101

Swords are hard to balance with resource production but very necessary (most/the general nuke is axe heavy).

1.5/2/1 sp/sw/archer ratio with a couple hundred hc for sniping/quick support. Always run about 30 cats in each vil. They have high general defense + can be used as fakes.

DeletedUser106973

The one thing I would like to discuss, would be the Defense in church vills.
I have been successful on previous church worlds but have never really asked about other peoples builds?

I think on W54 I had a solid sp/sw def for churches , whereas here, we are taking advantage of the archers too.
On this world we have mixed things up with HC in there as well to speed the build up and allow a better chance for us to quickly stack/snipe.

Obviously because of the lower pop available in church vills is an issue and I believe only L1 churches can take out a full nuke, do you guys/girls build a weaker but fast D , or a stronger slower D build?

-Frankie

DeletedUser112704

I always combine church villages with scout villages, because if I want to have somewhat effective defense in a church village, the church has to be level 1, which isn't gonna do in terms of influence area. I prefer stacking it, or sniping, rather than building D troops in it.

DeletedUser59417

a church is 5,000 population.

so, people that build nukes in these towns are not smart.

a 15,000 population nuke is useless.

however, a 15,000 population defensive village is useful in support and stacking.
thus the church town is the defensive town and the second town with 21,000 population in the influence area is your nuke.
also, towns in areas you plan to have no influence are small towns with defense troops. That support your main cluster. Balancing your towns to be 50% defensive and the other 50% nuke towns will work in the early stages of a world.

It kinda depends on how well you feel about tribe mate support.

You don't have to build a lot of defense if your tribe has got you covered.
But its not often good to only rely on tribemates for support.

DeletedUser112704

level 1 church covers a very small area, level 3 covers twice as much and needs nearly twice as much pop cap. to be realistic, two times wider cover range gives an ability to have more villages influenced by the church, more villages means more troops.

so having one village with less or even no troops won't hurt much, if in other villages there are some proper builds of troops.

DeletedUser59417

The two things i hate about world settings

First thing
[spoil]Churches[/spoil]

Second thing
[spoil]no loot/limited loot[/spoil]

DeletedUser

The two things i hate about world settings

First thing
[spoil]Churches[/spoil]

Second thing
[spoil]no loot/limited loot[/spoil]

:icon_idea: Tribal Wars Team take note.! :icon_idea:

Churches and no-loot. = garbage.

Rebel2society101

Would be nice if TW could throw out a survey asking who wants to maintain a church world. I know if they cancelled the church settings, it'd change a lot about ennoblement strategies, village building makeups and where people place their defensive + offensive villages, but I for one would be up for the change since the largest accounts are still below .5 mil.

Do it TW! It's our fault for joining this church world, but it's a curse!

DeletedUser112704

I like it, suits my play style quite well... only thing I would change is, exchange pally weapons for weapons tech system.

king gustav II Adolf

I like it, suits my play style quite well... only thing I would change is, exchange pally weapons for weapons tech system.

Why not both?

I like the pally weapon feature. It adds more tactics to the game.

DeletedUser59417

I have mixed feeling about bonfire weapon.

so, if i have zero church influence and 50% moral on a new player that has bonfire.
Basically i am going to lose all my nukes.

Cuz the guy got lucky and grabbed bonfire and built 700 catapults and used militia?

Nerf bonfire and take militia out while your at it. Old bonfire of 100% was better then the 1000% defense bonus that just insane.

700 catapult 1 pally bonfire 300 militia and lets say level 6% defensive flag. With level 20 wall in a 1,000 point town. I don't think newbies need that much protection early on. They could just restart and be 1,000 points in a week. I think it needs to be nerfed, thats just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Would be nice if TW could throw out a survey asking who wants to maintain a church world. I know if they cancelled the church settings, it'd change a lot about ennoblement strategies, village building makeups and where people place their defensive + offensive villages, but I for one would be up for the change since the largest accounts are still below .5 mil.

Do it TW! It's our fault for joining this church world, but it's a curse!

Yep I kinda miss in the old days where when there is a war, tribe can just target a certain player and noble him, but not now, we must also consider the cluster due to church radius.

DeletedUser

What do you think should be the best troop count on a village with Church (levels 1, 2, 3)?

I personally prefer maxing it with HC for a quick support to my own surrounding villages. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What do you think should be the best troop count on a village with Church (levels 1, 2, 3)?

I personally prefer maxing it with HC for a quick support to my own surrounding villages. :)

I will be using Spears, Heavy Cavalry and a few Cats.

I think running a quick support village is your best bet with churches, this is my first church world though, I don't know!