Discussion: Attack breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The attack breaks are pointless.
It does not actually provide a break.

To provide an actual "break", the ability to send attacks during the break period must also be prevented.

It is unfair for a player to have to sit and watch for new incomings to tag during the so called "break" period.

There is nothing to prevent players to send timed attacks during the break period that land just AFTER the break period finishes.

So either prevent attacks from BOTH landing & being sent, or don't have a break at all.

I said the same last year,I actually sat with my xmas dinner whilst tagging several thousand attacks...

DeletedUser

Maybe a better idea would be to disable the rally point so there is a REAL attack break.

DeletedUser

Maybe a better idea would be to disable the rally point so there is a REAL attack break.

That would obviously need to be in ADDITION to the current situation where attacks just 'visit' the village.

DeletedUser

I said the same last year,I actually sat with my xmas dinner whilst tagging several thousand attacks...

That's kind of nolife. Just don't watch your account during the attack breaks and celebrate X-Mass and the new year. :)

DeletedUser

That's kind of nolife. Just don't watch your account during the attack breaks and celebrate X-Mass and the new year. :)

And the 2 years I've spent building up an account, and making my life easy, would then all be thrown away when I came home to 15k incomings, 400 noble trains, and not a clue where they were.
I personally would choose to celebrate Xmas with the family, however doesn't it seem a little sad that you can't get a real break?

I personally like the idea of disabling the rally point entirely.

frzzst6

I am shocked that we were not given the right to vote! I personally do not want an attack break.

DeletedUser

Bit of an indecisive statement 'kind of no life', either is or isnt...

And anyway-you call it no life-I call it dedication...

If proper attack breaks were introduced,I wouldnt have to watch it on xmas day...Would I?

DeletedUser

Bit of an indecisive statement 'kind of no life', either is or isnt...

And anyway-you call it no life-I call it dedication...

If proper attack breaks were introduced,I wouldnt have to watch it on xmas day...Would I?

I think that you don't have to watch games at x-mass at all :')

DeletedUser

I am shocked that we were not given the right to vote! I personally do not want an attack break.

The attack break has been voted on every world for a number of years, always in favor of the attack break.

The vote isn't going to yield different results this time around, despite the fact that you personally don't want the break, because the 75% of the world that is inactive, or under attack, will actually benefit from being able to move support, and build troops as you can't keep them supressed.

DeletedUser

I do if I have been paying for premium for 2 years AND spent several hours per day playing the damn thing..

But you realize that real life has to be more important? How would your family response as you are walking away of your fried turkey and are going to play a game.

The attack break has been voted on every world for a number of years, always in favor of the attack break.

The vote isn't going to yield different results this time around, despite the fact that you personally don't want the break, because the 75% of the world that is inactive, or under attack, will actually benefit from being able to move support, and build troops as you can't keep them supressed.

+1, why don't put TW offline during the X-Mass and new year.

DeletedUser

Put it this way, the chances of me signing on during Xmas is practically ZERO! So i do see the point behind the attack break.

Also think of the people who work for TW surely they deserve to eat there Xmas dinner without answering support tickets.

But I do suggest (i know this should go in suggestion forum but this is read by most the mods) that during the attack break do what you have already said by all attacks Visit instead of attacking. But also disable the rally point so that people are not eating there dinner and tagging incomings :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

But you realize that real life has to be more important? How would your family response as you are walking away of your fried turkey and are going to play a game.

+1, why don't put TW offline during the X-Mass and new year.

Hence my point about the useless,so called attack breaks...

Anyway,dont most people who have opened their presents on xmas day usually play games?

How is me playing tw therefore any different?

Would I like to be elsewhere than sat at my pc on xmas day/new years day?

Course I would,but every year we say the same about these stupid,useless attack breaks and still nothing changes...

DeletedUser

Hence my point about the useless,so called attack breaks...

Anyway,dont most people who have opened their presents on xmas day usually play games?

How is me playing tw therefore any different?

Would I like to be elsewhere than sat at my pc on xmas day/new years day?

Course I would,but every year we say the same about these stupid,useless attack breaks and still nothing changes...

They aren't useless. You can't lose villages in it and you don't have to care about your account if you don't want to.

DeletedUser

They aren't useless. You can't lose villages in it and you don't have to care about your account if you don't want to.

Have you been paying attention to the conversation AT ALL?

Solution: Shut up because you are wrong and are going to lose this argument, and get back to your awesome life where you only feel the need to log on once every 4 days to your 927 point account.

DeletedUser

Solution: Shut up because you are wrong and are going to lose this argument, and get back to your awesome life where you only feel the need to log on once every 4 days to your 927 point account.

What my not so contructive friend is trying to say is:

dalesmckay said:
The attack breaks are pointless.
It does not actually provide a break.

To provide an actual "break", the ability to send attacks during the break period must also be prevented.

It is unfair for a player to have to sit and watch for new incomings to tag during the so called "break" period.

There is nothing to prevent players to send timed attacks during the break period that land just AFTER the break period finishes.

So either prevent attacks from BOTH landing & being sent, or don't have a break at all.

Not being able to lose villages is actually meaningless, if you have to be there to tag attacks which will otherwise make you lose villages the second the attack break ends.

DeletedUser

Wrong ;)
I have had several top10 accounts and handed them all ovet between 500 & 1000k, all in perfext condition. I do have loads of activity, night, worktimes and evening and I do only have 1 co player, but that all doesn't mean that I ask Santa Claus if he can wait cause I need to check my virtual game.

DeletedUser

Wrong ;)
I have had several top10 accounts and handed them all ovet between 500 & 1000k, all in perfext condition. I do have loads of activity, night, worktimes and evening and I do only have 1 co player, but that all doesn't mean that I ask Santa Claus if he can wait cause I need to check my virtual game.

And yet, making the statement that you don't have to care about your account if you don't want to, is similar to say... A house pet.. You care for it, you nurture it, you spend money on it for a year, are you going to leave for a 4 days at Xmas, and let him starve, possibly to death? Sure he may not be dead when you came home after the 4 days, but the damage could have been done already, and over the next few weeks, he could be in trouble.

The point many of us are trying to make is, not to do away with the attack break, we like it, it's here to stay, but to make it an actual break, we don't want to go out and get pet sitters for 4 days, we want to be able to just walk away for 4 days, and not have to worry about it at all.

DeletedUser

And yet, making the statement that you don't have to care about your account if you don't want to, is similar to say... A house pet.. You care for it, you nurture it, you spend money on it for a year, are you going to leave for a 4 days at Xmas, and let him starve, possibly to death? Sure he may not be dead when you came home after the 4 days, but the damage could have been done already, and over the next few weeks, he could be in trouble.

The point many of us are trying to make is, not to do away with the attack break, we like it, it's here to stay, but to make it an actual break, we don't want to go out and get pet sitters for 4 days, we want to be able to just walk away for 4 days, and not have to worry about it at all.

Good point. I like the idea that anything that hits during the break (sent before the break) does the regular Seasons Greetings lets sit down and get stuffed together thing, and that the rally points all get shut down for the actual duration of the breaks.

I'm going to be with Dad and will be giving his ladyfriend a break, so she can visit her son; and I'm going to have to be attentive to him, not the game. No he's not in the best of health, so I appreciate a real game break here.

AND, PNEFOREVER2:
-- No, not after travelling 7+ hours to be with family members, no, we don't play games, we real-time face-to-face interact.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10103

i seriously think that disabling the rally point is a great idea..
I know that i have spent many of years building this account and would hate to go through another 3 months of rebuilding just because i wanted 3 days off to spend with my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.