Discussion: Attack breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Absolute rubbish...
Read my post directly before yours. #117

Before I make a post explaining in detail can I ask if you're trolling? From what I've seen you're an intelligent poster but your posts in this thread have been downright rude, unhelpful and have ignored all our attempts to try and explain to you that you've misinterpreted the reasons behind the attack break and what we're trying to provide.

dalesmckay

Anybody that wishes to "enjoy" the "break" AND who cares about their account is required to be online (or have somebody else online) to watch the account if they are to preserve it.
It is a requirement.

Hmm... You did not even make any mention of the section that I highlighted from the mass mail.
How is it not misleading/deceptive to say "go have fun for a few days & don't worry about your account", but then fail to mention "oh, by the way if you dont keep an eye in your account, you may find that you've been rimmed when you get back".

Edit:
@Morthy
Quote where I am trolling and infract me for it.

My posts are there to defend/support my position on the issue.
If you find my tone offensive, then I am sorry, but tough shit.

I have pointed out the issue as clearly as possible, yet you are trying to defend yourselves without even addressing my main points.

Last edited:

DeletedUser656

Oh dear.

Before I reply to your actual post I'd like to note that so far in this thread you've accused us of misleading players and posting absolute rubbish. I'm not sure why you think you can do that in this forum but we won't stand for that kind of rudeness here. Got that?

I'm not sure why you can't understand that the reason for the break is NOT to give players a straight period of time where they do not have to log in to Tribal Wars.

Now that you know this, lets examine the actual reasons for the break:

• To stop players from being able to force other players to be online at a specific time on Christmas day, late Christmas eve or early boxing day / to dis-encourage ops that would land at that time otherwise.
  • To allow players a few days away from farming without being at a large disadvantage.
  • To allow players at least one day over Christmas and the NY where they don't have to log in to their accounts.

Now, let's look at the announcement:

"We will be having two attack breaks over the holiday period to allow players to enjoy the Christmas holiday and New Year without having to worry about their accounts."

Explains that we will be having two attack breaks. Accurate. Explains that they've been put place to help players enjoy the Christmas holiday and NY. Accurate. Explains that the reason behind this is to stop worry about their accounts. Accurate, because no attacks can hit during the 3 day period, which takes away the immediate requirement to be online and dealing with problems. You do not *have* to tag attacks, you are not *required* to be online constantly to tag attacks. Like keeping your build and troop queues active, it may help if players come online, which brings me back to my post that you labeled as "absolute rubbish" despite you having absolutely no idea about the process at all. We are not telling players that they shouldn't come online for 3 and then 2 days. We are merely giving quite a long period of time where no attacks will hit so they can have a day or so to celebrate (most people I know only seriously celebrate on one day). It's up to players to choose at what point they login and how active they are during the break, just like it is up to players to choose how often they login when there is no break. They understand this may affect how well their account does.

IF in the future we have the ability to prevent attacks from being sent during the peace period, the break would be considerably shorter. Does that help you understand?

DeletedUser

@dale... the attack break is every year so why complain over something that happens every year and helps us injoy the christmas season withot "haveing" to login?

@morthy... your doing great so no need to mess with this guy/girl/or both thats has a need for arguements

dalesmckay

Then include this information in your mass mail.
You've implied there is no need to worry about their account in general, yet fail to mention that it only covers parts of the account.

Partial truth is still deception.

@dale... the attack break is every year so why complain over something that happens every year and helps us injoy the christmas season withot "haveing" to login?

@morthy... your doing great so no need to mess with this guy/girl/or both thats has a need for arguements

Have you even followed the discussion?
I have no problem with there being a break period.
My problem is that it is not a break, because you still have to sit online to watch for new attacks that are timed to land after the "break" has finished.
TW Admin are lulling players into a false sense of security with misleading mails about the "break" period.

Last edited:

DeletedUser656

Then include this information in your mass mail.
You've implied there is no need to worry about their account in general, yet fail to mention that it only covers parts of the account.

Partial truth is still deception.

The rest of the announcement clearly explains that the break only affects attacks that hit. If players can't be bothered to read the full announcement then that's their fault.

Telling or advising players what they should or shouldn't do over Christmas and the New Year is not something I am prepared to do or am in any position to do. They have the information, the rest is their choice, not mine.

dalesmckay

The rest of the announcement clearly explains that the break only affects attacks that hit. If players can't be bothered to read the full announcement then that's their fault.

Telling or advising players what they should or shouldn't do over Christmas and the New Year is not something I am prepared to do or am in any position to do. They have the information, the rest is their choice, not mine.

Then remove the section that says they don't need to worry about their account.

dalesmckay

As explained, there is absolutely no need.

What makes your posts any more valid than any of mine?

Why don't you run a poll to determine the general tribal wars understanding of the "break" periods?
Create a poll and send a link via in game mail to grab their attention.
You have nothing to lose by doing so & it will result in players being educated about the "break" period.

DeletedUser656

What makes your posts any more valid than any of mine?

Why don't you run a poll to determine the general tribal wars understanding of the "break" periods?
Create a poll and send a link via in game mail to grab their attention.
You have nothing to lose by doing so & it will result in players being educated about the "break" period.

4 years of experience.

We're not going to waste time with a global in-game poll because of what amounts to two or three players that do clearly understand the break complaining about the break being confusing.

dalesmckay

4 years of experience.

We're not going to waste time with a global in-game poll because of what amounts to two or three players that do clearly understand the break complaining about the break being confusing.

Confusing?
What you portray them as is deceptive/misleading.

Yes, I understand what the breaks are.
However, I want to minimize the potential damage done to player accounts due to your incomplete and misleading announcements.

Anyway, I'm done arguing this.
From what I can gather you now understand my concerns, so I just hope you address them for next years "break" period.

DeletedUser656

You'll be happy to know that I just received permission to implement the ability for us to stop attacks from being sent during a certain time period. It has to be finished tonight though (initial rollout of 7.0 starts tomorrow morning), but who needs sleep anyway...

dalesmckay

You'll be happy to know that I just received permission to implement the ability for us to stop attacks from being sent during a certain time period. It has to be finished tonight though (initial rollout of 7.0 starts tomorrow morning), but who needs sleep anyway...

Nice work...
Now I am happier.
8D

Upgrades can be painful.
I recall an upgrade that me and another developer did to a major shopping centre in Cyprus.
3 towns, 3 servers, 1 master server & about 50 terminals.
We were on site 44hrs straight ironing out issues (mainly with Interbase).

DeletedUser

i have noticed the hints of exhaustion Jon, your work is appreciated, this will be much better a final solution

DeletedUser656

Alright, feature is now implemented (text is obviously a placeholder). I guess we'll test it quickly before the start of W54 tomorrow then announce the time periods later.

DeletedUser

I love the creative message, Morthy :p
I think you should keep it like that.

DeletedUser

4 years of experience.

it's not a wast of time its acually a good idea. it will inform players who have been unaware of this break, and it will give you some info about what a larger amount of players thinks of this.
the number of TW-players is decreasing, one day it nearly reached 1million, now it nearly gets to 170 K players.
It seems to me that something must be done and telling that certain ( usefull!) things are waste of time won't increase the number of players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i so want a poll next year for the Rally Point statement.
first submissions then a poll...
"Your loyal men deserve a break and you, as their Noble leader, decide to give them a few days rest."
"Your loyal men are too drunk from celebrating to attack right now."
or
"Santa knows if you've been good or bad. If you attack during this peaceful time, you won't get any presents."

DeletedUser

i so want a poll next year for the Rally Point statement.
first submissions then a poll...
"Your loyal men deserve a break and you, as their Noble leader, decide to give them a few days rest."
"Your loyal men are too drunk from celebrating to attack right now."
or
"Santa knows if you've been good or bad. If you attack during this peaceful time, you won't get any presents."

And if you hit attack again your Christmas tree disappears :icon_eek:

king dalt555

I skipped the last 5 or so posts because I am lazy, so forgive me.

This year the rally point will not be disabled, not because the admins do not think it is a good idea (which it sounds like they do), but because there is not enough time to test it. That response by itself proves that mods listen, and that good ideas can come from players. I also see how these breaks mean that i do not have to log in at all on Christmas. Only on Boxing day would i really have to log in if i was concerned about an op hitting me.

Get over having to log in over the break once, and look forward to the attack next year including the disabling of the rally point (if the admins find it manageable).

edit: Now i actually read what i skipped... Look forward to it possibly being this year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.