Discussion: Command Sharing Feature.

DeletedUser

Dear players,

We want to make it less trouble to coordinate within your tribe, so we've come up with a new feature we want your opinion on: Command Sharing.

This feature builds on existing features that are part of the Premium Account, namely: commands on the Village Information screen and the Commands Overview.

The Command Sharing feature will let you see information about your tribemates' commands, which is intended to help when you are cooperating to attack the same targets. For example, you'd be able to see your tribemate's commands when viewing a specific target, as shown in the image below.

The approximate strength of the shared command will be visible with command icons, which show how large an army is and whether it contains noblemen. You'll be able to choose whether you share your commands with your tribe or not, and you will also be able to choose which tribemates' commands you want to see.

Would you like to see the Command Sharing feature implemented?

Please tell us what you think!

Also don't forget to check your ingame mail and register your vote for this!

The Tribal Wars team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109233

I would only like to see this be implemented if it did not mean that all attacks were visible. So instead the attacks had to be enabled to be viewed, as a traitor in your tribe could very easily snipe anything you send.

DeletedUser103945

I agree with crazyeight. I want control over who sees my attack info so if this can be controlled then I'm fine with it. But this doesn't really improve communication, in fact this will enable players to not communicate with their tribe what they are doing since this is visible. It's not that hard to cut and paste your attack info into the tribe forum to share with your tribe.

In stead of focusing so much effort on new features can the game staff PLEASE bring back attack ID numbers and stop making changes that sabotage our scripts? The use of (approved) scripts is what made this game super cool and I feel the game is being strangled by the demise of our use of scripts. If it is a money thing just figure a way to sell script packs or script guides to players or something.

DeletedUser94483

I feel that if it was implemented in this fashion it would be fantastic....that way it does not have to be an item that has to be filtered out to much, people can control who sees their commands etc.

DeletedUser5561

it needs to be controlled. a spy could easily share this info with enemy and i dont want or need people seeing all my farm runs or lack there of...

i agree. it needs to be enabled and disabled

DeletedUser40757

I'm somewhat cautiously in favor of this. The way the description reads is that you can choose to share your commands with the whole tribe. Tribemates can then choose to accept that sharing or not.

It would be better if you could select individual members of your tribe(or even other players outside of the tribe) to share with, in addition to the whole tribe, that could then choose to accept or not accept that sharing.

DeletedUser40757

it needs to be controlled. a spy could easily share this info with enemy and i dont want or need people seeing all my farm runs or lack there of...

i agree. it needs to be enabled and disabled

Early game, I can see that being a problem. However, when you've got hundreds of villages, and are receiving 1000's of attacks whether real or fake, that sort of info is almost useless.

I've already thought of several counters to this, just off the top of my head. So, go ahead, tell my target that it's a large attack or a small attack. Yes, it has nobles. The icons are just vague enough that you can still fake, even with that info.

ValarMorghulis

OH MY GOD

Finally innogames, something you do not have to complain about. This is actually great, however it does need some restrictions.

I would like to have a little box on every village i could check , if i wish to share my commands. I do not wish to see all my mates attacks, and i don't want to show them where i farm etc.

I could see something like friends, where you add people who are able to see your commands on the villages you have shown.

Also, i like it to be a choice as in reports, where i get to choose if i wish to show my force or just the attack time. For obvious reasons.

Attacks are great, but support is also fantastic if you could implement this.

The restriction part is extremly important though, if you can't do this one right this will be a horrible update. (like the FA updates you done) Please add more options then fewer.

*Show support Yes/No
Show troop count Yes/No
*Show attacks Yes/No
Show troop count Yes/No

*Show support to entire tribe Yes/No
show troop count Yes/No
*Show attacks to entire tribe Yes/No
show troop count Yes/No

First is for single target villages (Which should be removed when nobled!!!!)
Second is for the entire tribe, if you etc do trust your mates you don't want to click all villages etc, just show it all.

However, do not show barbarians/bonus villages when the entire tribe can see, let that be a single target option only (to show barbarians)

Great idea, hope you can work something so this actually works perfectly.

Paladin606

Brilliant Idea! Will surely usher in more use of "spying tactics" in future worlds. But imo the good out weighs the bad.

Thank You as always for all your efforts TW staff. :)

twenty-five

Nah. Tribal communication should be an essential requirement of this game. This removes an element of it. I can see why it is useful, but that is why I think it is a poor feature.

DeletedUser

I really like this, I would just recommend that like people have pointed out, there are limitations to who can/can't see it.

I reckon, above all else, no matter what, the Duke's of the tribes can see the attacks for EVERYONE. Other than them, everyone else is a selected choice by player.

DeletedUser102815

interesting ?

Would reather have a chat box added that allows tribal chat and world chat,get sick of adding ppl to skype then ending up with 50 ppl I forget why I added them.

Dont care if my tribesmates are also attacking someone most of the time

DeletedUser108663

Could be a good idea, but could also be a very bad 1.

They shouldn't be shared ny default, I don't think all my tribe mates need to see what fakes I've got at a village. Being able to choose what you share is essential.

Also, maybe some kind of shared village notebook would be more handy? If I was sending a nuke to 111|222 I could put in the 'shared note' that I'm nuking it, so others are aware. People could also say if they're sending cat bombs(would look like fakes with this update) etc. I think that'd be a better option than command sharing.