Discussion: Game update - version 7.0b

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

As you may know, we're starting World 56 later today where the farming of resources is disabled. In order to facilitate this we have had to backport the required code from version 7.1 to 7.0. Just a few minutes ago we ran the update on all worlds.

Unfortunately, it would appear there is a small flaw in the design of the new feature: the system for activating/deactivating it per world is not working. This means that farming has now been disabled on all worlds, instead of just world 56.

Because the code intersects other crucial aspects of the game, it is impossible to provide an instant fix for this, however our developers have been able to implement a temporary solution to the problem. All players should now see a 'fix farming' link on the bottom right of their page. You can click this to re-enable hauls on your account. We've received a few reports of the link causing display problems on very old browsers, but we believe these are rare and isolated incidents.

fixfarming.png

We should be able to fix the bug in version 7.1, which is a matter of weeks away. For now, we're afraid players will need to use the workaround.

On a side note, there has been one change to World 56's settings so that we can put more resources into development of the game. For the first time we will be activating the "build time reduction" premium feature on tribalwars.net. This allows players to click a link next to a building upgrade and half the time it will take to complete. This will cost a total of 10 premium points per use.

buildreduce.png

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this minor bug and change of world settings.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this please use this thread.

The Tribal Wars team

Repinski

You've just made w56 a world that will be won by who ever has the deepest pockets. I will no longer be joining. There is a reason I don't play .us!

DeletedUser

And if you use the fix everything on the screen reverses

Hmm I assume it's temporary - but would hope it's been noted to be fixed

DeletedUser

I am slightly disappointed that you would include that feature here. Especially in the beginning of World 56, it will make it easier for players who pay to dominate the game, and put us players who dont pay at a disadvantage...I know you need the revenue, but would it be possible to make the feature available later into the world, perhaps after nobling has begun?

DeletedUser

Like I said to you on Skype.

You're a...
Actually, no. Not on the forums :X

DeletedUser

This sucks. I have just sent out a huge farming run too. :(

DeletedUser

I'm one of the people that it causes problems for (inverts the screen, troops and such are on the left and map on the right). Is there anything for people like me?

DeletedUser

I expect to hear a lot of opposition against the half build time feature

DeletedUser

wow really this is going to make it horrible for non premium players. now you have to buy even more premium points instead of waiting a bit on the start of new worlds. always something. I really hope this entire idea is an april fools joke.

DeletedUser

Can't say Im hugely excited by the option to reduce the building time by half. During startup it will hand the advantage to people willing to pay to upgrade the smithy quickly rather than those with good farming and high activity.

DeletedUser92494

When I click the fix button, everything on my page turns backwards. Not a mirrored image because all of the words are still proper and readable, but the left of the screen is on the right and vice versa.

DeletedUser

is the display error suppose to make everything look backwards? The text is the right way just everything is on the opposite side of the site lol.

DeletedUser

Is the screen suppose to do this when you click "fix farming"?

[spoil]
Screenshot-1.png
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Dear players,

We've received a few reports of the link causing display problems on very old browsers, but we believe these are rare and isolated incidents.

It reverses the screen on the latest version of Opera