Discussion: NET Annual Awards 2015

DeletedUser

tribals_net_awards_external_banner_by_da_reall-d9kfzor.png

Welcome Tribal Warriors to the *NEW* Tribal Wars NET Annual Awards 2015

This is your opportunity to give credit to those wonderful friends and allies you have worked with throughout the year or maybe get nominated yourself!

PRIZES

Along with the prestige of being allocated the award, each selected winner, for each category, will be allocated a special Forum title and avatar to display their Award along with 1000 premium points each.

There are 4 categories for you to nominate your fellow warriors:

"Tribe Mate of the Year"

tribemate_of_te_year_2015_by_da_reall-d9kg3n5.png

Nominate your most deserving TribeMate.

"Skilled Soldier"

soldier_of_the_year_2015_by_da_reall-d9kg6yo.png

Nominate the player who you have encountered that has displayed outstanding skills in the game.

"Master Commander"

commander_2015_by_da_reall-d9kg8f9.png

Nominate the player who exhibited extraordinary expertise in commanding their tribe.

"Forum personality of the Year"

best_forum_person_2015_by_da_reall-d9kg6be.png

Nominate your favorite Forum Poster of this year.

To make Nominations, please go to THIS THREAD

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So first there is a nomination and then a poll? Or how will this work Lisa? :icon_smile:

Glad you asked!

The plan is to have a panel of people who make the decisions, consisting of the following:

1 Admin
1 Forum Mod
1 In-Game Mod
3 Members of the community.

None of the above must have nominated anyone and if nominated cannot vote for themselves.

If anyone would like to be on the panel send me a PM stating why you think you would be a good panel member. Members selected from PM will be added to a poll the week before the deadline to determine who will sit on the panel.

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
This is just a dumb popularity fluff. Just to feed egos of annoying people. I would take more pride in my 7 year old baseball participation trophy than these lame awards.

Asylum Escapee

See, the thing is, your 7 year old baseball trophy was made by poorly paid children in Bangladesh to feed the egos of western kids who are bad at baseball. At least this contest fosters a spirit of cooperation and unity, and bring friends together and all that good stuff. Also, no child labor was involved in the making of this contest. And, all awards in this contest are certified zero carbon footprint eco-friendly awards. Your baseball trophy was cruelly ripped from the flesh of mother earth with no regard to the damage done.

DeletedUser

I think this is a great idea with these awards. Usually you play in a tribe and you kind of wish you could let "the public" know of certain players achievements that are not always that visible on stats. Here you get the chance for everyone to read your explanations to why these players have done something extraordinary. You can do that on externals always at any time sure. But i think usually people stick to most of the time only reading the forum of the world/worlds they play. And this is for all worlds.

I dont see it as a way of boosting peoples ego s. As written on one of the above posts, its also about bringing friends together. And people you have wanted others to know about, here you can show your appreciation to them. I dont see how this nomination stuff can be a bad thing. It is what people make of it.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Why the hell are all these idiots talking about worlds and threads that ended years ago? Just to remind anyone who didn't realise (and it seems like nearly everyone) that this is NET Annual Awards for 2015​.

Last edited:

DeletedUser93066

This is just a dumb popularity fluff. Just to feed egos of annoying people. I would take more pride in my 7 year old baseball participation trophy than these lame awards.

Sadly you probably sucked at baseball too and bashed them when they were giving out the trophies. Because you are one hell of an incompetent piece of work who's selfishness wont allow the community to have any sort of fun. It might be fake or biased but it's a fun event. If you do not wish to participate ignoring this thread would have been much easier than your spiteful post.

Anyways THE MIGHTY CORE FOR PRESIDENT!

punk4life

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Why the hell are all these idiots talking about worlds and threads that ended years ago? Just to remind anyone who didn't realise (and it seems like nearly everyone) that this is NET Annual Awards for 2015​.

I think you will find only one person mention world/worlds, then again it's the same useless players mostly voice their expert views :-D

Quack

Reaction score

Award:Forum personality of the year
Nomination:Lesss and Dino.
Reason: Lesss takes so much time and puts so much effort into his posts. They are always fun to read, and usually dead-on. <3
And then there is Dino. He is an evil troll, and I have no way to measure the actual effect he has had, but suffice it to say that I am glad to have him on my account. <3

Reason for not giving the forum personality to Dino should be here:

https://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?276999-CRASH!-s-Grievances

This rude and vicious player should not be rewarded with anything but a swift kick in the butt!

DeletedUser55551

See, the thing is, your 7 year old baseball trophy was made by poorly paid children in Bangladesh to feed the egos of western kids who are bad at baseball. At least this contest fosters a spirit of cooperation and unity, and bring friends together and all that good stuff. Also, no child labor was involved in the making of this contest. And, all awards in this contest are certified zero carbon footprint eco-friendly awards. Your baseball trophy was cruelly ripped from the flesh of mother earth with no regard to the damage done.

And those kids in bangladesh wouldn't even have the money they make from that without it. And considering there is no true evidence of global warming, carbon footprints are pointless to bring up

DeletedUser111316

I still don't understand why premium points are given away by the thousands for contests, yet players who spend years of dedicated time to win the world only got a couple hundred premium points?

Garrock

Nominated Player: STESHOT lol.
Award: Master CommanderReason for nomination.
tbh, this is arrogant of me, but i've seen nobody else on this world that deserves it, and below, u can see i have nominated an enemy for 1 award. I try to always do my best to lead with integrity, plan for all eventualities, sacrifice myself where possible, teach whenever i can, always look to what is best for all in the long-run, no matter if it seems wrong to others. i did have some respect for some of the big leaders, but every time their choice of some tactics or sticking by players who cheat and bully only, with no skill - just saddened me. W79 was a flop in this sense, between cheating and quitting, the game was ruined. What makes a good leader - sticking by all who are loyal and do their best, knowing each individual well, helping all who need it, leading by example, always being there when needed, true integrity. Giving 100%.

Nominated Player: fonkyfamily
Award: Skilled Soldier
Reason for nomination: despite being an enemy, most of whom do not deserve any credit or world victory, he showed detailed and methodical approaches to his attacking against me. I never hesitate to give credit where it is due.

Nominated Player:
taddy,
Rustym40 ,madd851,arch04,angelo007,nobed7.
Award: Tribe mates of the year
Reason for nomination: I have had other tribemates, but these are trully loyal friends who have stuck by me throughout the constant attacks i've faced. What makes a tribe winners, is this dedication to the overall cause, despite many impossible situations, and yet still come through it. Together we have shown what really winning is all about. Teamwork,loyalty,trust,and holding fast to our goal of INTEGRITY! and yes, we maybe didn't win the top tribe overall, but we survived strongly despite crazy odds, and have topped several world rankings together. ALL winners for me :)

Ste, it is arrogant of you. No offense, you played a defensive game kind of decent, and I'm sure a lot of your early losses were due to lack of activity, but master commander? None of your tribes were ever relevant, sitting on rim accounts to low to be messed with until mop up stage is not leading... you disappeared to the rim behind a wall of junk... I'm sorry, but using w79 as credentials is laughable... I don't normally flame, and I'm happy that one of your members chose to nominate you, but to nominate yourself is ludicrous.

STESHOT

Reaction score
Ste, it is arrogant of you. No offense, you played a defensive game kind of decent, and I'm sure a lot of your early losses were due to lack of activity, but master commander? None of your tribes were ever relevant, sitting on rim accounts to low to be messed with until mop up stage is not leading... you disappeared to the rim behind a wall of junk... I'm sorry, but using w79 as credentials is laughable... I don't normally flame, and I'm happy that one of your members chose to nominate you, but to nominate yourself is ludicrous.
i totally agree it's ludicous, and i really didn't want to at all, but i wanted to make a point. There was simply nobody else i felt i could nominate. Only those close to me will ever know the truth. I was a core player for most of the game, not rim. I sat between uruz (or whatever name was being used at the time) and QQ and qq. Our starting position was v hard, and barbs there were non-existant at the start. yes, i also didn't play the first week or 2, as i spent time with my family etc. After that i have been generally online all the time. True, i did lose vills when i was offline for whatever reason. I have been v unhappy with plenty of fellow tribe members, and lack of working together, but never the core loyal members. This world is basically over, so whatever happens to me now isn't a problem. If you noticed, i was a primary target for much of the world, and i was happy to be as such, and protect my tribe from harm. When you initially rimmed them, i brought them back to the core, and helped them build back and better. From the pre-world period, i had already earmarked your tribe as w79 winners, and said as such, which is why i am bemused at one post here saying you were underdogs. I did have respect for your tribe for a long time, and still do for some members, but unfortunately not all. That is why i have even nominated one of your members, in a proper nomination. I will always give credit where its due. It's okay, btw, i expected a backlash from my post. I am glad you posted. It has been a hard world for me, but ty for the battles, shame it was so short overall. Also, how many of your members played w14? That was a fun world till i had to suddenly vanish due to v extreme RL issues. It's ok, i won't win here :) . I'll be bold again, and say...please don't accept members in future who appear to be good, but in fact have little skill and just get lucky with bullying and cheating, and those (often same players) who just insult everyone. You DO have some v good players, don't get me wrong. I will always respect those who show skill, and are friendly when chatting, whether enemy or not. All the best in future worlds, and RL. I apologise for any hurtful comments, and am happy to chat with any decent person in-game.

Garrock

i totally agree it's ludicous, and i really didn't want to at all, but i wanted to make a point. There was simply nobody else i felt i could nominate. Only those close to me will ever know the truth. I was a core player for most of the game, not rim. I sat between uruz (or whatever name was being used at the time) and QQ and qq. Our starting position was v hard, and barbs there were non-existant at the start. yes, i also didn't play the first week or 2, as i spent time with my family etc. After that i have been generally online all the time. True, i did lose vills when i was offline for whatever reason. I have been v unhappy with plenty of fellow tribe members, and lack of working together, but never the core loyal members. This world is basically over, so whatever happens to me now isn't a problem. If you noticed, i was a primary target for much of the world, and i was happy to be as such, and protect my tribe from harm. When you initially rimmed them, i brought them back to the core, and helped them build back and better. From the pre-world period, i had already earmarked your tribe as w79 winners, and said as such, which is why i am bemused at one post here saying you were underdogs. I did have respect for your tribe for a long time, and still do for some members, but unfortunately not all. That is why i have even nominated one of your members, in a proper nomination. I will always give credit where its due. It's okay, btw, i expected a backlash from my post. I am glad you posted. It has been a hard world for me, but ty for the battles, shame it was so short overall. Also, how many of your members played w14? That was a fun world till i had to suddenly vanish due to v extreme RL issues. It's ok, i won't win here :) . I'll be bold again, and say...please don't accept members in future who appear to be good, but in fact have little skill and just get lucky with bullying and cheating, and those (often same players) who just insult everyone. You DO have some v good players, don't get me wrong. I will always respect those who show skill, and are friendly when chatting, whether enemy or not. All the best in future worlds, and RL. I apologise for any hurtful comments, and am happy to chat with any decent person in-game.

Thank-you and you haven't offended me, and I am not looking for accolades. As for some of our members talent level, I may agree on that as well... the accusation that some cheated, well none that I am aware of. As for you being a primary target... once, maybe twice were you OPd hard, you were in our center after all and you did pretty fair (I think I gave you credit for that). What's happening now is MOP up and can hardly count, most of us barely even play at this stage.

W14 - Great world. I was not leading at the start of this world, nor in a premade. 79 was a return to
tw for me after a long absence. As far as I know not one member was from 14. We have a few on 85 now though :)

Good-luck. (apologies for derailing this and making it about one person).

STESHOT

Reaction score
After such a big gap in my playing due to serious RL issues, it's good to keep seeing names i knew so well from my old times in W14, and even one on the panel. Not sure if that is good or bad for me, lol.
W14 was such a huge part of my life. I hope all my friends from there (enemy or ally) are well and happy. W79, while being an intense year, doesn't quite compare.

DeletedUser

I still don't understand why premium points are given away by the thousands for contests, yet players who spend years of dedicated time to win the world only got a couple hundred premium points?

th

I don’t think contests will create excitement with my audience.

If you haven’t run contests before, you might not realize how much passion contests bring out in your audience. People look forward to annual contests and the love the opportunity to participate each year. Contests centered around pro and college football, Mother’s and Father’s Day, back-to-school and Halloween are all contests you can run each year. If you have the right tools in place, your contests can create excitement with your audience by having the right enterprise-level tools in place to help your contest reach maximum viral participation.

See more at: http://secondstreetlab.com/2012/08/...our-promotions-strategy/#sthash.765dpYsk.dpuf

DeletedUser

Thank goodness, I would have really been a fool if I didn't win.
Now I'm just arrogant =P
Click in my groin region to start the video. Ha
Oddly enough, the only country this video is blocked in is Germany.

Last edited by a moderator: