Discussion: Start of World 85

Deleted User - 10017355

@xMpGrand; He believes that he metaphorically speaks on behalf of the majority of players of tribalwars. A new player who was not afforded the pleasure of playing the old game as many others have.

@KingHadues; You seem to think that we never use PP on the odd numbered worlds.
The way I see it by introducing the PP trading feature, which is great IMO btw, allowed players like myself who would never buy PP with money to get PP from others. This PP isn't coming from a magical fountain so somewhere someone is buying more PP to trade to those that didn't buy it before the trading update. But I guess this was not enough to save the game alot of us enjoy and spend alot of our time playing.

You said 'They gain nothing from your stay, and they lose nothing from your leave': The players you are referring to are mostly veterans of this game with more knowledge of the game than you, and have played and maybe won multiple worlds. Say a world lasts for a little over 1 year, quite a short world, but this is where the game is moving toward, 1 player who uses PA and AM for a year will use 4,800 PP in that world; about $60 US is made by inno games from this player. By removing non-P2W worlds tribalwars will likely lose alot of it's well known and experienced player base capable of creating pre-mades and bringing old friends back to the game. So by removing that one player, this update may be removing an entire premade or returning players who will no longer be lured back by their now dissapointed friends. The $60 becomes upward of $1500 quickly. Over multiple worlds and experienced players this adds up to a loss in revenue, dependant on the income from additional Premium Features on the odd-worlds, and the game itself will lose skill, experience and knowledge.

And if all the external writers leave as they are suggesting then this integral part of the game will be lost to an irreparable degree.

I think everyone understands why inno has moved in this direction, it is just a natural instinct to try stop things that you don't like. I sincerely hope that this is not truly an effort to push the oldschool players to Tribalwars 2 and that innogames, through Morthy etc are reading the messages and replies that are posted to see the magnitude of their decisions impact as they practically said this decision will be cause people to quit.

-Wikki

EDIT: I also don't see how no huals, classed as an 'unusual setting', is not new player friendly. I'd say introducing players to a world that doesn't require the additional time and effort of farming around the clock would allow for a smooth transition into the game. E.g. I introduced my brother to this game on 83 as it was a no-huals world and would allow him to become skillful with the time he had for the game, and when he was conquered on 83 and 84 I said: 'That's ok, we can wait until the next No-Huals, then we'll move into full huals with a good base to reach end-game'. Today I had to tell him we could no longer do this... It's safe to say he will not be playing again :(

If you're willing to blame this move on the game being a buisness/product, you should have done the same with the reasoning of recommending P2W worlds to newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You said 'They gain nothing from your stay, and they lose nothing from your leave': The players you are referring to are mostly veterans of this game with more knowledge of the game than you, and have played and maybe won multiple worlds. Say a world lasts for a little over 1 year, quite a short world, but this is where the game is moving toward, 1 player who uses PA and AM for a year will use 4,800 PP in that world; about $60 US is made by inno games from this player. By removing non-P2W worlds tribalwars will likely lose alot of it's well known and experienced player base capable of creating pre-mades and bringing old friends back to the game. So by removing that one player, this update may be removing an entire premade or returning players who will no longer be lured back by their now dissapointed friends. The $60 becomes upward of $1500 quickly. Over multiple worlds and experienced players this adds up to a loss in revenue, dependant on the income from additional Premium Features on the odd-worlds, and the game itself will lose skill, experience and knowledge.

And if all the external writers leave as they are suggesting then this integral part of the game will be lost to an irreparable degree.

https://corporate.innogames.com/en/...es-revenue-of-more-than-80-million-euros.html

Yeah, that hits them hard... Rumours have it they already filed for bankrupcy.

monstaz2

Well I guess this is a good a time as any to quit TW. Playing 3 worlds all top 25 good job InnoGames for driving your regular players into quitting. At least now I get to stop playing rather than just continuing on for years as I would have otherwise.

atmospherecf

Lets go WORLD 85!! the last legit real world... I'll see you guys there :)

Hard At Twerk

P2W worlds are just so bad and unfun to play

During startup you will see some people skyrocket in points but like everybody points out it will balance out later in the world, If only that was the problem with p2w worlds then I would be happy to play them

But I am a firm hater of the p2w settings. Main reason being those god damn build reduction that cost like 10pp!!!
Nothing is certain. If you ram a guys wall to 0 and see it and send a train you do the math the wall should be at like level 7 but nope it's already at 20 and stacked once your troops arrive due to some guy spending a shit load of pp on the walls.

Also nobling a barb inside of the enemies cluster you can just feed it with res and build reduce the wall's and stack it before they can react and then build the smithy and academy in like a day if you got the pp and now you have a death star in the enemies cluster

It just changes the dynamic of the game. At a high level the game becomes skill+howmuchPP you can afford

Just makes the game unplayable imo

DeletedUser

Lol but even 1500 is a SMALL amount to what it will be. You are talking about 25 players quitting. You will see hundreds. And while, no, this isn't the biggest amount of money still, you are losing 75% of the active community on these forums. Imagine a new player coming to these forums with little to no recent posts? Makes them not want to join the forums, and may make the game look more dead than it already is.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I joined W81 & W82 after some time away from the game.

I like the settings of both worlds & as my first P2P world do not mind that some spend money to play.

I just dislike how small the worlds are to be honest no larger than a HP round & don't seem to last much longer.

Will not be joining as 2 worlds is enough for me at once but think I will keep playing this game as I'm still enjoying the ever changing settings.

SirCharles40

Reaction score
If they are going to go with all p2w worlds after this one they need to open free trading within the tribe at the start of the world. Resources could still be sold through the exchange but it would limit the amount of them one could buy.

DeletedUser

RIP TW. It was fun while it lasted.

Looking forward to that last world, even if it is a hauls.

DeletedUser40878

Accept it guys, the TW that we used to play is gone. There just isn't enough players playing this game anymore for them to make a reasonable profit out of non-p2w worlds. Just look at how empty w85 is on its first day, and this is supposed to be the final world where many veterans play for nostalgia. We simply are a dying breed. Gone are the days of rival premades with big names and quality PnP on the externals

DocJunior25

I disagree the No haul worlds have been full of old names and great rivalries, And great PnP........But thats all over now too. As far as p2p worlds being so full they are all guest accounts that dissapear after a few days or weeks so they arent helping anything either just inflating p2p worlds numbers

DeletedUser40878

I wish I had played a few more worlds while the game was still alive. This feels like walking around your hometown in a post-apocalyptic world, there is the diner that you used to go frequently, now in ruins, there is what used to be your home.

DeletedUser116463

I knew that odd number worlds (79-latest) are sabotage worlds to make the p2p more popular but this current undertakings is indeed not favorable to their patron customers like us.

RIP TW/INNO

Good luck and Goodbye to your annual operation report.

TheHans

Master Commander 2016
Reaction score
After playing for 9 years, I am quite glad W80 + W83 will be my last worlds. I dislike P2W worlds (Even though I play W80), for obvious reasons. I tend to enjoy early game more, like most; the P2W worlds kill this for alot of us.

TW will slowly die out, which is a shame as there has big such a large and diverse community over the years.

All the best Inno.