Discussion: Update to version 8.20

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

We've got a new update for you that will be released on the 17th of March, between 10:00 and 12:00. Our work on this update was focused on improving existing features to make them more useful. Let us know if we succeeded!

Here is the list of changes:

Competitions
- Rewards will now be given out to the winning team in each measured category: world, language version and overall.
- You'll be able to see how much you have contributed to your team's score in a world and compare it against the average.

The next competition starts soon!

Market
- Added a graph to show the recent price trend to help create successful market offers. The graph will show up after you've selected which resources you want to exchange when creating an offer. The price graphs will become available on the 19th of March.

8.20market.png

- Made some tweaks to the Market screens to make them easier to use.

Premium Account
- Claimed villages can be seen on a player's profile

8.20claim.png

- Incoming attacks that have been renamed to contain a unit name will have the corresponding unit icon placed in front of them as a visual reference.

Simulator
- If the first simulated attack does not wipe out the defenders, the simulator will let you know how many more attacks you'd need.

8.20sim.png

- Added option to attack the wall with catapults

Other changes
- Added a page to the rankings showing the dominance of tribes in worlds that have the "Dominance" win condition.

8.20dominance.png

- Added minimaps showing the range of church influence to the church screen

8.20church.png

- Added a progress bar for ongoing constructions. It will also show you how quickly each percentage of the order was completed, which can change depending on premium usage or buffs. Buffs to construction and recruitment speed will now also affect buildings and unit orders that are already in progress when the buff is activated and deactivated.

8.20build.png

- Simplified and fixed showing achievements from other worlds: achievements configured to be visible in World A will be visible in other worlds as "an achievement earned in World A".
- If you have blocked invitation emails, an option to undo this will show up on your email page in the settings.
- The Premium Account reward that is given when a player you invited to the game reached their points milestone will now be given as an item instead of being activated on your account directly.
- Removed "edit groups" link from all overviews. The functionality previously accessible under "edit groups" can now be accessed on the Groups Overview screen at the top of the page.
- Text and minor visual improvements
- Fixes for various bugs

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Incoming attacks that have been renamed to contain a unit name will have the corresponding unit icon placed in front of them as a visual reference.

Isn't this just going to make lag even worse on the incoming screen than it already is?

DeletedUser

Isn't this just going to make lag even worse on the incoming screen than it already is?

The lag, as far as I'm aware, is an issue with Opera 12. It appears support for Opera 12 is finally being dropped, either now or in the near future.

At some point Opera 12 should be considered obsolete, and honestly I think that point has long passed. As a community, we will have to find a replacement that is actually a modern browser. We will likely need to use extensions to fully replicate Opera 12's functionality, but alas, such is the price to pay for not having lag up the wazoo.

DeletedUser94483

- Removed "edit groups" link from all overviews. The functionality previously accessible under "edit groups" can now be accessed on the Groups Overview screen at the top of the page.

How is this a good thing?

Great news about the rally point...not sure how long i have been necroing that info about the simulator now :p

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
like the updates,surely these will make the game play a lot better.

p.s-still waiting for village level troop manager

DeletedUser113861

perhaps an option to not receive reports for attacks on barbarian villages would be nice

DeletedUser

Multi-tagging is broken in the latest update! I'm hunger striking until this gets fixed, so it best be done soon unless you want it going to the press that I died because of this update.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106579

Fantastic update. A real credit to the TW team, this one. Multiple scripts are dead and buried.

Better prepare yourselves for mass deletions...

''Our work on this update was focused on improving existing features to make them more useful. Let us know if we succeeded!''

Nope. Massive fail. Anything related to incomings or outgoings is broken. Great job in ripping the core from the game. On the bright side, at least we can still trade res and buy PP, which appears to be the kind of game you guys envisage...

Last edited by a moderator:

rascal-the-cat

It seems this update has broken all the tagger scripts so the only way to tag is using the in game option.

If the script writers can't repair the scripts I can see a lot of people giving up the game. Imagine tagging 1000s of incomings using the inbuilt tagger. :S

DeletedUser

Multi Tag, Tag, and Outgoing scripts are all broken due to this update. Impossible to tag anything now.... I will not pay premium when the biggest plus for buying premium has been removed, and I can see a lot of others feeling the same way. Please fix

DeletedUser656

In this update we changed all the places where you see the edit icon to easily rename something to all use the same standard system in an accessible way. Prior to this, each location was implemented differently and had a lot of problems. For example, if your session had expired or your internet connection / server had problems the renaming would just silently failing without telling you. While this will likely have broken some existing scripts, in the future it will be much easier for scripts to hook into renaming things because everything is done in the same way, so it shouldn't take long for script authors to update their scripts.

As a reminder, we do bring updates onto our Beta server before normal worlds, and even have a Sandbox world there to which scripters can apply to join and be granted some free villages and so on for testing. It is the responsibility of script authors to keep their scripts compatible with the game.

DeletedUser

In this update we changed all the places where you see the edit icon to easily rename something to all use the same standard system in an accessible way. Prior to this, each location was implemented differently and had a lot of problems. For example, if your session had expired or your internet connection / server had problems the renaming would just silently failing without telling you. While this will likely have broken some existing scripts, in the future it will be much easier for scripts to hook into renaming things because everything is done in the same way, so it shouldn't take long for script authors to update their scripts.

As a reminder, we do bring updates onto our Beta server before normal worlds, and even have a Sandbox world there to which scripters can apply to join and be granted some free villages and so on for testing. It is the responsibility of script authors to keep their scripts compatible with the game.

Would be nice in the future if you guys could give an advanced warning about scripts etc. It's not fair to expect the people who make scripts or ourselves to be checking the Beta server in advance to look for problems like this (which will not happen that often). Fair enough if it's an unexpected change that caused scripts to no longer function, but from what you said above it seems like you knew it would mess up a fair few scripts.

DeletedUser656

Would be nice in the future if you guys could give an advanced warning about scripts etc. It's not fair to expect the people who make scripts or ourselves to be checking the Beta server in advance to look for problems like this (which will not happen that often). Fair enough if it's an unexpected change that caused scripts to no longer function, but from what you said above it seems like you knew it would mess up a fair few scripts.

It didn't occur to us until we saw the posts here, which was indeed a lack of foresight on our part.

DeletedUser

It didn't occur to us until we saw the posts here, which was indeed a lack of foresight on our part.
Ok then that's more understandable. I do like the new Simulator feature :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

It seems this update has broken all the tagger scripts so the only way to tag is using the in game option.

If the script writers can't repair the scripts I can see a lot of people giving up the game. Imagine tagging 1000s of incomings using the inbuilt tagger. :S
- This is the only reason I've come on to post here: 110% agree with what rascal-the-cat is saying; the lure of an updated icon is negligible compensation for the inconvenience of not being able to tag current incoming attacks fast & effectively...It's just as well Tribe loyalty is as strong as it is cos quite frankly, TW's is fast becoming worth neither the expense of PP or the time investment right now imo :icon_rolleyes:

rascal-the-cat

Thanks for the straightforward reply Morthy. :)

Let's hope the scriptwriters can find a fix otherwise I fear that people under heavy attack may choose to hit the delete button rather than face tagging each incoming by hand.

DeletedUser

....and cant even see the icons.....how can we play in these conditions.......

DeletedUser

Multi Tag, Tag, and Outgoing scripts are all broken due to this update. Impossible to tag anything now.... I will not pay premium when the biggest plus for buying premium has been removed, and I can see a lot of others feeling the same way. Please fix

better freeze all worlds and fix all problems....dont know who is responsible for such a mess but was never worse....