Discussion: Update to version 8.22

xman182

bs

Completely agreed with this.

In late game, defending is already so time consuming that the majority of players end up quitting rather than defending a concerted op, if they happen to be targetted - because most people can't handle the vastly increased online requirement for a week or two.

Winning by making people quit is a) dispiriting for those that play alongside, and b) a sad reflection of game mechanics. I'd rather you made the effectiveness of stacking lower, or made it harder to snipe, if you wanted to make defending harder. Just increasing the time pressure on people isn't healthy, or constructive.

I'd also agree 100% this will most likely be my last world in tw the updates and changes have all ben focused around making money and have ruined the game we all used to like to play..

DeletedUser

I'd also agree 100% this will most likely be my last world in tw the updates and changes have all ben focused around making money and have ruined the game we all used to like to play..

I feel like tw is working so hard to make it easier for new players who barely understand how they are being benefited while forgetting about the veteran and old players that have played this game for so long and are leaving due to the changes being brought to the game.

d4m0

Just went back and read the 8.21 changelog, the functionality added there is pretty tiny and while I can see how it could be useful it in no way necessitates the nerfing of a previously balanced aspect of the game. And this game is tribe-focused -- attack id recording and sharing is a big part of that these days.

/tw

egoehring

I agree that this is not a good change to the game. I would be interested in hearing TW's rationale for it, other than our presumption that it's to make more money for them. In fact, in order to use attack ids, you need to be using pp. As for it making it too easy and taking away any strategy, accurately labeling attacks is only the beginning of the strategy. Not everybody automatically stacks. Once you know what's coming you still have to decide whether to stack, dodge, snipe, recap, etc etc. I also don't buy the argument that it evens the playing field. We should be working with new players to make them better and more dedicated players, not modifying the game so that it discourages play. If a new yet fairly good player opens up a browser to find hundreds or thousands of incoming with no way to accurately tag them they shut down and quit. I'm sure that's not in the best interest of the game.

You have made a lot of good changes lately TW. This is most definitely not one of them.

DeletedUser

I agree that this is not a good change to the game. I would be interested in hearing TW's rationale for it, other than our presumption that it's to make more money for them. In fact, in order to use attack ids, you need to be using pp. As for it making it too easy and taking away any strategy, accurately labeling attacks is only the beginning of the strategy. Not everybody automatically stacks. Once you know what's coming you still have to decide whether to stack, dodge, snipe, recap, etc etc. I also don't buy the argument that it evens the playing field. We should be working with new players to make them better and more dedicated players, not modifying the game so that it discourages play. If a new yet fairly good player opens up a browser to find hundreds or thousands of incoming with no way to accurately tag them they shut down and quit. I'm sure that's not in the best interest of the game.

You have made a lot of good changes lately TW. This is most definitely not one of them.

Hear, hear...

egoehring

well i like some of the changes to the map so that i can see which vills are getting support.

I don't use the mass tag, but i can see where that would be a benefit overall. some of the changes to the farm assist (like maintaining the sorts).

even tho i use a good labeler, seeing more details on the incoming page is a nice add.

if you are a heavy market user, the trending graph is helpful.

the simulator change is great to see how many more attacks are needed, especially if you are up against heavily stacked vills (I was forever losing count!).

The icons on the commands is helpful, especially since trains fairly frequently get out of sync, so that the nuke isn't with the first noble.

Going back a ways, the ability to request support from your own troops is fantastic.

Batching reports showing your support has been attacked has been really helpful to keep report pages from being overloaded.

Clearly some of these are more important/helpful than others, but overall those are good additions.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Attack id's are no where near as important as players think they are.

Just because you have gotten used to a particular tool such as attack id's does not mean that it is the end all solution. I do not mind their going away as for the last 5-6 years whatever it has been I have only used that as a tool once and got bored very quickly. The game is designed to be played without that accuracy...this will bring back alot of the strategic elements of an international game that I personally miss before people figured attack id's out.

I can't agree with this more. After Attack Id's, it become after who has more about when and how much players attack with. Usually causing allot of tribal hugging or tribes/players that just wait it out in a world for their moment to pounce. I think it will change things back to how they use to be a long time ago when attack Id's didn't exist. I liked Attack Id's and it's obviously useful, but i find it to useful and does ruin the strategy of the game.

Deleted User - 10770065

Dang, personally for me, each update is killing the game more and more.

As if defending in TW isn't time consuming already, you have to be online 24/7 now to be able to detect what speed an attack is. Pathetic. I don't know how people will adapt and effectively defend in huge ops.

Nor do I know how long I'll continue to be apart of this game.

DeletedUser89005

the fun aspects of the game are diminishing with each update, granted there have been some good improvements, but to render the id tagger useless now takes this a step closer to becoming a game that requires constant round the clock activity, something i can safely say i cannot nor would even attempt to do and feel that it will have a huge negative impact on the games players to the point where the question will be asked "is it really worth the hassle of playing anymore?".

DeletedUser

Attack IDs are useless if you run an Account Manager, because AM tells you when attacks were sent. That's the only reason to do away with IDs: to make AM more necessary. Attack IDs are useful to tell you when an attack was sent. Now AM is the only way to do that. It's racketeering. And monopolizing.

aakminer1234

So account manager tells you when attacks are sent? I see. So this change is just a way to make more money (I guess at least that is understandable).
I cannot think of any reason to hide the attack IDs. You are essentially heavily penalizing the people who can't be on 24/7 and people who can't pay to play (or pay as much to play). If a person is on a lot (co-played/sat/etc), then attack IDs or not, they will tag accurately and thus there is no "new strategical aspect".
If a person is not on a lot, the only way to compete in the tagging aspect IS ATTACK IDS. They can reduce activity and still get fairly accurate tagging just like a person who is on all the time and a solo player has equal footing (somewhat and at least in the aspect of tagging attacks) to co-played players. Why would you remove the attack IDs and make it harder for single players and people who can't afford to p2p. There is no additional strategy (that makes no sense at all) since people who are on can still easily tag and WITH CERTAINTY.

fidel I

Very true; This game should be about having fun, not losing money to a game that has changed from what it used to be.
Now it's just a big money making scam.

DeletedUser105718

I feel like tw is working so hard to make it easier for new players who barely understand how they are being benefited while forgetting about the veteran and old players that have played this game for so long and are leaving due to the changes being brought to the game.
Yes, because wanting new players to stick to the game and have fun is such a bad thing to do. God damit Inno, what are you doing!!!

So account manager tells you when attacks are sent? I see. So this change is just a way to make more money (I guess at least that is understandable).
What are you talking about? Attack Manager has always told you when attacks were sent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 10770065

AM or the TW app won't save you when you're being opped. Basically, frontline accounts need pretty much 24/7 coverage and incomings checked pretty frequently. Sad game.

DeletedUser

Yes, because wanting new players to stick to the game and have fun is such a bad thing to do. God damit Inno, what are you doing!!!

Yes, because losing long time veteran players is making the game so much better. Every game strives to constantly bring in new people and find ways to kick out their old players. Might I add that the new players contribute so much more to this game than the veterans and are innogames primary source of revenue.

I agree to what egoehring is saying:
If a new yet fairly good player opens up a browser to find hundreds or thousands of incoming with no way to accurately tag them they shut down and quit. I'm sure that's not in the best interest of the game.

All in all, these series of updates are being counterproductive while only 24/7 accounts seem to reap the benefits. It has just become a game where instead of having skilled people on an account leads to a greater chance of success, but rather how often can an account be constantly online to tag all their incomings (granted more skilled people does give a even greater chance of winning, but you get my point).

DeletedUser55895

New rally point from map feature is nice. Definitely not something that was needed, but a nice addition nonetheless. My question is, did it really improve anything by moving rally point menus (simulator, troops, etc) to the top instead of the side. Now theres just a big empty space in the screen because the troop inputs are smushed to the left side. Just swapping menu buttons for the sake of making changes isn't improvement

aakminer1234

As does the free TW app. Granted, you have to have a smartphone, but many people do these days.

Is this a free in-app feature? I have a smartphone, but apparently my Android version is outdated for the app. :(

What are you talking about? Attack Manager has always told you when attacks were sent.
Yes, all I was implying was now people will need account manager even more and thus pay more money. The change I am talking about was the removal of attack ID for tagging.

New rally point from map feature is nice. Definitely not something that was needed, but a nice addition nonetheless. My question is, did it really improve anything by moving rally point menus (simulator, troops, etc) to the top instead of the side. Now theres just a big empty space in the screen because the troop inputs are smushed to the left side. Just swapping menu buttons for the sake of making changes isn't improvement
I agree fully.

Can we also be more explicit about the benefit of account manager. I had no idea you could use AM to figure out when attacks were sent. Why was this not listed as a benefit?

Last edited: