Discussion: Update to version 8.33.4

DeletedUser94483

To ashes comment you miss read what was stated.

It states that their will be a grace period for the switch to https:// from Http after the grace period old Http scripts will no longer work. Not all scripts merely scripts not converted.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The difference is literally laid out in a table in one of those links.

If you still can't understand, then you're officially a potato.

you might be more computer literate than myself but i do not know the difference ive googled it and still cannot work it out.

DeletedUser

To ashes comment you miss read what was stated.

It states that their will be a grace period for the switch to https:// from Http after the grace period old Http scripts will no longer work. Not all scripts merely scripts not converted.

ahh i didnt 100 percent understand that part thanks !

Al Ghouti

Only scripts with 10k char+ in the edit bar won't work. Scripts that are 10k char and are linked aren't going to disappear. All people will have to do is host their scripts on different sites, which is abysmally easy to do.

If this update, that practically changes nothing for the player, makes you leave then good riddance. One less crybaby to endure.

why do you people have to constantly mess up this game??? No wonder people don't want to play here anymore!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser94483

you might be more computer literate than myself but i do not know the difference ive googled it and still cannot work it out.

To answer the question.

Http is an unsecured connection.

Https is a secured connection.

Mind you to all those that know I am just make it quick simple and easy. Not the most technical amswers.

DeletedUser

ok i'm stumped, anyone prepared to assist me here will be appreciated, how to get the script for farming to work from zomgTW

Aturfhee

I just came here if anyone has a working script I can use or something. Lol

DeletedUser

Not listed here is the changes to the HTML page structure/names that cause previously working and perfectly legal scripts to fail. It would be most helpful if such internal changes are listed to allow adjustments to be made when you drop bombs like this on those of us who pay good money to play this game at its full potential.

DeletedUser

This has to be the stupidst update ever and why, to make it faster? It doesn't effect anything period. It just makes a lot of trouble for people in the middle of wars trying to figure out how to get their darn scripts to work again.

DeletedUser

I uploaded my stuff to drop box. God if I understand it. I tried to get a public option. I think I got it for sharing. Doesn't work in TW though. I am damn annoyed. Some of my scripts were even full scripts and not hosted.

What the hell is your guys problem?

We pay money for this and then you go screw it up with out any warning.

No one in my tribe nor myself have been able to fix the basic scripts.

If you are going to do crap like this then give us hosted rally point scripts and the proximity script and resource balancer.

I can't believe the money I have put into this game. I loved it. It has been fun spending 7 years playing it.

Right now the only thing keeping me here is my current tribe. If I hadn't worked so hard I be quitting today forever. I have no idea how to fix anything.

Nor, do you guys care. Why the hell would you mess with this? You say it is to make game faster. That is crap. It is a freakin mostly text based game. You barely have chat in it now. There is no need to increase the speed. It is fast because it has no choice but to be. We are not playing some high graphical realtime game. Seriously.

Come on, let's have some common sense with these updates. This is more than just changing a page so a script breaks. That I could understand and people can adjust but you all have screwed up everything. Why the hell should we at the drop of the hat figure out all this again? Many scripts are spread out across several servers and we don't have the code for everything we use. I do have a good amount of full code for a lot of my stuff, but when you force me to use new servers that I don't understand it is difficult to get to work. I shouldn't have to either.

I pay to have a premium account. I should be able to load stuff from wherever I want to interact with the page.

Through everything I keep playing but you are going to lose me VERY VERY soon after 7 YEARS. My wife would probably be happier with that anyway. God, I want to find some of you and strangle you. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????!!!

DeletedUser656

If something isn't working, submit a bug ticket. There's nothing anyone can do to help you without access to the relevant details. The patch notes clearly state that the change requiring scripts to be hosted securely will be in the future.

A Perfect Circle

This has to be the stupidst update ever and why, to make it faster? It doesn't effect anything period. It just makes a lot of trouble for people in the middle of wars trying to figure out how to get their darn scripts to work again.

Yup, I can no longer use my sequential script to send support to 200 villages at a time... I am just disgusted once again at the blatant disregard for what players want. What poll did you take this information from? No, once again you just did what the hell you want.

Oh and saying sometime in the FUTURE scripts will be replaced with a premium feature is of little comfort when you want to use your script NOW.

DeletedUser94483

I myself am submitting a ticket as I can see an issue with the quick bar itself. If you go to the quick bar copy the script and paste it into the address bar or use it as a bookmark it will work perfectly. It is ONLY working it from the quickbar based on what I am seeing right now.

A Perfect Circle

An update in the next couple of months will make it so that newly added Quick Bar scripts will not be able to load anything from http:// links. After a further grace period, existing scripts will also cease to work.

That's not what it says. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Oh im sorry, Im glad you did point that out. You are just taking ALL of the scripts and leaving nothing in its place.

Great job man, you are a total winner...

DeletedUser656

Oh im sorry, Im glad you did point that out. You are just taking ALL of the scripts and leaving nothing in its place.

Great job man, you are a total winner...

That's not what it says. You'll still be able to use scripts as normal as long as they're hosted via https. Please stop spreading misinformation. If you don't understand something, ask.

A Perfect Circle

Okay, I am going to ask the following..

Where was my mail warning me about this update?

Why was this update not pointed out on the login screen like all other updates are?

Why do I need to learn a whole new system to use some scripts?

Why could you not leave the old scripts alone?

Why do you constantly remove scripts with updates?

Tribal Wars has lost the numbers it had in years past, do you think that the constant updates drive players away, and that maybe just maybe holding on to the players you have might be worth more then looking for new players with fancy updates?

Why is there never a poll or discussion PRIOR to these updates so you can see what the "community" would think of them?

DeletedUser656

Okay, I am going to ask the following..

Where was my mail warning me about this update?

We sent a mail to the affected players prior to the update.

Why was this update not pointed out on the login screen like all other updates are?

It was.

Why do I need to learn a whole new system to use some scripts?

You don't. Script authors need to ensure their scripts are available on https. If you're a script author, you should know how to do that.

Why could you not leave the old scripts alone?

Your browser will refuse to load the old scripts. It's not a restriction from us. We're providing the warning.

Why do you constantly remove scripts with updates?

We don't.

Tribal Wars has lost the numbers it had in years past, do you think that the constant updates drive players away, and that maybe just maybe holding on to the players you have might be worth more then looking for new players with fancy updates?

Tribal Wars has maintained steady player counts for years.

Why is there never a poll or discussion PRIOR to these updates so you can see what the "community" would think of them?

Because a community poll can't change the security model of the internet.

Answers in bold.