Discussion: Version 8.8

DeletedUser656

Dear Community,

Version 8.8 has three main items to offer you: some added polish to our mobile site, a new feature for people who like knowing what is going on and one big change for those who are more interested in a casual play style.

World 64 will be updated on Tuesday the 23rd, between 10:00 and 13:00. The rest of our worlds will be updated the day after on Wednesday, during the same time period.

Welcome Page
We've prepared something like your morning newspaper for your first login of the day. A skim of the new welcome page is intended to give you easy access to the essential information from the past days in just a few seconds. Main features are graphs of your personal and tribal progression in the past week, and an overview of what has been recently going on in your tribe.

- This will be activated in the coming weeks, not on the day of the update
- It will contain graphs, stats, tribe activity, latest news and more
- Can be switched off in your settings

Casual Worlds
Tribal Wars is one of the harshest games out there - perhaps the harshest. You can join as a new player, build for a month and have all you worked hard for be taken away in an instant by someone who is better at the game than you. That's the game's legacy, and is indeed for many people, the reason that they play.

What we've added is an option for catering to those who favour a more casual play style - whether it be because of a busy day schedule, they're still getting used to the game, or simply prefer a more relaxed game: Casual worlds.

Casual worlds can be accessed after one has lost their last village in the competitive worlds. Players will be offered an option to take control of a recreation of their last village in a casual world, which primarily features more restrictive attack settings among some other changes to create a more relaxed playing environment.

- Players can make a copy of their last village on the new casual world with casual settings
- Casual worlds cannot be joined in the usual way
- The addition of a casual world will not impact our usual schedule for starting new worlds

Mobile
Between our last update and now, we've already made several changes to the mobile version without switching version number, such as showing notifications and fixing several bugs. We've got more lined up for 8.8

Mobile General
- Added queue reordering
- Improved button reaction time
- Improved loading speeds
- Optimised layout on some more screens

iOS
- Added more push notifications choices (inactivity and building completion) and changed defaults
- Additionally, a stability and bugfix update for the app is in review at Apple.

Other
- Improved performance of overviews and mass recruitment
- Added auto-complete functionality for player names and tribe tags
- Own profile can now be set during pre-registration
- Improved success and failure message box styling
- Research Manager: added single village handling and status of the RM on Account Manager overview
- Secrets of Power can no longer be sent to villages under beginner protection
- Fixed about 20 bugs from previous versions

DeletedUser108001

No.

Casual worlds are going to result in less food.

DeletedUser

I like this. The new features sound great I doubt i will ever have the option to join a "Casual" world, but having that option there is somewhat...... Reassuring.

And as i am a profound Android user who relies on the mobile version i have been behind the new updates sice day 1 And any bugs round have been fixed within a few hours. I am glad to see a further improvement on this.

Also, i can't wait for the welcome page to be fully functional. I do however have a question on this.

I vary Rarely sign out and i have the session time out page shown (reenter my password) when i open my browser on a morning, will this be shown when i re login in that way?

DeletedUser656

I like this. The new features sound great I doubt i will ever have the option to join a "Casual" world, but having that option there is somewhat...... Reassuring.

And as i am a profound Android user who relies on the mobile version i have been behind the new updates sice day 1 And any bugs round have been fixed within a few hours. I am glad to see a further improvement on this.

Also, i can't wait for the welcome page to be fully functional. I do however have a question on this.

I vary Rarely sign out and i have the session time out page shown (reenter my password) when i open my browser on a morning, will this be shown when i re login in that way?

No, but you will always be able to access the welcome page from the settings screen.

DeletedUser93439

You can not 'go back' in the normal way.

I tested this for a second, and it seems not much is required to go there really. Just enter &screen=welcome behind the village id number in your URL

Or what she said.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108001

Welcome feature is surprisingly very useful :)

Casual worlds sound interesting. Will they be supported by TWstats?

DeletedUser

Casual World for all you Huggers out there

should make things more intersting in the other worlds now

DeletedUser

Can't wait to hear more about what makes the Casual Worlds different.

DeletedUser

Mobile General- Added queue reordering- Improved button reaction time- Improved loading speeds- Optimised layout on some more screens
(h) this sooooo much! Was so irritating not being able to move buildings under hq lol

DeletedUser94483

Like the sound of casual worlds in principle...At least if I am understanding it right...Allows food to still exist for the predators on normal world so wont slow that down but allows newer players the ability to not feel so demolished about not being as 1337 as their neighbor...gets them out of the conflict and allows us to munch on their villages initially.

DeletedUser107009

I like this casual world but I feel the rim will be even smaller now =/

DeletedUser107667

Excuse my persistence but will the fix for C button in mobile FA be part of 8.8 update? :)

DeletedUser

What's happened to the update? I didnt get the morning paper as was expecting a good read and I got the same old?

DeletedUser

What's happened to the update? I didnt get the morning paper as was expecting a good read and I got the same old?

Don't you read?

It will be activated in the coming weeks, not on the day of the update.