Discussion: Winter Event 2013

DeletedUser107839

well, the one that was scouted near myself has 40k mercs, and a level 4 wall.... shite lol

anyone got a stat line on these mercs?
In my case 10 625 000 steel is required to spin just once. If I want to sustain 24/7 buffs I will have to trade quarter a bilion a day, assuming everytime the new buff is worth it. Partitipating in the event only makes sense if you attack the merchants and take your resources back. It could be newbie friendly though.

I've several questions:

1. Do the merchant posts recuit troops and rebuild the wall when it's rammed down?

2. Does the post have to be out of resources or we have 2 hours once the last guards are dead?
Once a Merchant post has been plundered, you only have two hours to try to get the resources.

3. Do mercenaries and merchant guards have the same defensive attributes as SW and SP?

Ack3rl3y

This event is just for big players only. Small ones cant defeat those troopa and cant trade so much resources to receiv enough iron to do any thing.

Not exactly. The event scales based on your points - on 66 a full nuke takes out approx 5K/80K defenders and took the wall from 10-8. It would also cost me 5.4M steel to spin the tombola once, meaning I'd have to trade approx 54M resources. Even if I managed to make it worthwhile by getting the 50% fill warehouses buff, it's alot of effort - ontop of the requirements of running a large account. Afraid I'll be sitting this event out :p

DeletedUser

this event definatly favours the smaller players, its only 3,600 a spin for me, shame you cant give buffs to people really lol, but its obvious how that would be abused

DeletedUser

Won't be taking part on this one as well. On W72 running a 26k account it take me 25 200 iron, or 252k resources to spin the wheel. 40 000 defenders in every village, which when i ran the calculator it takes me 4 full nukes lost to clear on account with 6 village. Whoever thought this event, didn't thought it through very much....I kind of like the old Viking event we had.

Repinski

Originally this idea looked great on paper. After implementation it's really not worth it. Spinning the tombola costs ridiculous amounts of resources and the camps are extremely cost unfriendly to get your res back if you clear them.

DeletedUser64969

After reading the above, this is just another money maker that's being done stupidly as far as i'm concerned, but obviously being done stupidly on purpose, if the buffs don't apply to already queued items then its pointless and your wasting your money anyway.

as on my world i need 8million steel to roll once? how long would that take to send all those merchants out lol, and no doubt i'd get something useless anyway, pointless crap, another spectacular idea :lol:

Maybe if you atleast apply the buffs to existing queues it might be somewhat useful, otherwise your going to be buying buffs that have no effects as your previous queues arnt effected by the buff although there building first? does this seem at all stupid, did anyone spend the time to even think this though :D

Apart from the obvious thought of nobody will spend the time of farking around sending ressies to the traders, due to time and the fact you have to send so many resources as it will take to long, i will however balance my account res using this, and if i get a buff thats useful i will eat my computer screen, so cmon guys 100 PP per roll, keerching thanks biatches

+ the fact on 72, the villages are unclearale for 95% of the community, and the other 5% wouldnt do it because of the cost, also nobody can afford the resources :|

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Once again everyone complains to hell about it. Guys, at least they are trying something! If it was too cheap everyone would complain that bigger players were smashing it, if they were too easy to clear, again, same issue. Granted, for the larger players it is an insane amount of res needed to be sent, but if it wasnt there is the chance of the large becoming even more powerful.

I think this event will help the little guys more, which is useful to those of us who were set back heavily. however, do remember the attack break coming up. I think all Im going to do is rebuild troops and send alot of res to these guys, should pay off for me

DeletedUser

What's a 'buff'? Is it the prize that you get from the tombola?

DeletedUser95593

I sent 110k resources to one of these things and nothing happened.

Merchant rankingsRank Player Resources supplied
#1 Choco Death 110.000

Where is my steel?

DeletedUser95593

I sent it another 110k and still no steel. Why must you be so mean tw?

Ack3rl3y

For most people it's not complaining so much as it is C&C. Let's be honest, it's not a great event - and if we don't stress that point the odds of it improving go down. The last two events have had some serious flaws to them. As for helping the lower pointed players and stopping the higher ones growing - that's great, except the higher pointed players have put in the time and effort in alot of cases and don't deserve to be penalized for that.

I sent 110k resources to one of these things and nothing happened.

Merchant rankingsRank Player Resources supplied
#1 Choco Death 110.000

Where is my steel?
You are better reporting that in-game to an in-game moderator. I would presume it's a bug of some kind.

DeletedUser64969

The best event they did was the the Easter one, although granted tw wouldn't make any money if they did that again, but there's a way for tw to make money and for people to get buffs without taking the piss and limiting the event so much that people need to pay for them, as that's what they have done purposefully, people should be able to earn the buffs with abit of work, not make it neigh on impossible, alot of people that would buy the buffs would buy them anyway regardless of how easy it was.

I spent 300pp and got x3 HC buff for a test, good job w72 can replace my losses on PP, one of the few good idea's they have had in awhile on world 72 as long as its every 3-4 worlds.

DeletedUser

This event is just for big players only. Small ones cant defeat those troopa and cant trade so much resources to receiv enough iron to do any thing.

And even for big players, it's hard. Costs me about 75% of my merchants for a few hours to get ONE bonus.

Like, I recognize that these bonuses are supposed to be hard to get, but 75% of my merchants are not equal to 100pp. Basically the only feasible way to do this event is to pay.

Aleksandr1

grinch stole christmas

TW management that approved this nonsense probably never read How the Grinch Stole Christmas! during their childhood.

Aleksandr1

I did math on this whole event and it just does not add up. 10% warehouse buff does not pay for the resources you spend on buff. 50% does pay it but it is "uncommon". reduce build time is lame i am sure most people can do without. Defensive and offensive bonuses do not pay for themselves in terms of resources either. Recruitment time bonus is nice but not at the provided cost.

I came to only logical conclusion somebody at tw goofed and put extra zero somewhere.