Dishonour in HOT|NE

DeletedUser

I was a member of HOT|NE though due to some differences of opinions with the aristocracy I decided to leave the game. I gave my account to Krahl so he could account sit and divide my villages between the tribe. However a week on I find that only three of my fifteen villages had been taken over by someone I had organised it with before I left. Having cleared the troops out of seven villages I found this slightly odd so I ended the account sitting to have a look.

What appears to have happened is that Krahl started playing my account as well. All my troops had been recalled and many used for offensive attacks. My warehouses had been built to the limit and resource was being shipped to other players. What I found most offensive though was what was in my mail. He had actually been communicating with other players pretending to be me and not letting them know he was actually account sitting: especially annoying as it was a disagreement. I resent people using my name i this way particularly when this is not my style of play.

Normally I wouldn't post something like this on a public forum but I felt that HOT|NE (and other tribes) had a right to know about the dishonourable and opportunistic way in which they're aristocracy works. I did post on the internal forum but it was deleted within 20 mins.

Anyway good luck to you all, particularly those in JACKS. Take as many of them with you as you can

DeletedUser

I don't see the point with dishonorable actions here ...

DeletedUser

Maybe they still will be divided. Anyways, it's usually better for someone to takeover the account then to split them up.

I got rid of my world1 villages and took over for another player who quit. Instead of dividing up 14 villages (and the number 3 player on the continent). It probably would have taken weeks for people to get the resources needed to noble all those villages.

Instead I took over with his blessing, and im working on the 19th village in roughly 2 weeks of taking over.

of course thats world 1 where things are slower but you get the point. id talk to krahl again and ask that he give your account to a player that only has 1 village or whatever and cant expand because of being surrounded by allies. he can abandon his village and takeover yours.

DeletedUser137

B.o.w did this with terrom's account till tyrsis thankfully flattened that acct almost single handedly.
Well done KOWK k46

DeletedUser

Clear the village of all troops by helping one player noble other villages.

After that, allow them to start nobling the "quitters" villages.

Then, 1 player with 10 villages + 1 player with 19 villages = 1 player with 29 villages.

DeletedUser

you quit and handed your account over, why the hell do you care what happens to it? He is the Duke of HOT, you handed your account to him, he can do whatever he wants thats within the rules.

And why bring drag someone's name through the mud when you have quit the game? It seems you are in fact the dishonorable one.

DeletedUser1054

actually rather smart. Why waste all those troops and throw them away. He did a pretty smart thing attacking other villages with your troops since they were going to waste anyhow and then the guy could have taken your villages. Also the shipping of resources was helping your tribe that you were supposibly loyal to before you left.

DeletedUser

you quit and handed your account over, why the hell do you care what happens to it? He is the Duke of HOT, you handed your account to him, he can do whatever he wants thats within the rules.

And why bring drag someone's name through the mud when you have quit the game? It seems you are in fact the dishonorable one.

i could understand how he would want his villages to help bolster his nearby friends/tribe members and not just be a second set of villages for krahl to play with. i dont think hes really in the wrong.

i just think that itd be better handled if krahl gives the account up to a player with one village and no room to grow and let him play it instead.

DeletedUser

Giving a larger account in the center to a small player that obviously hasn't proved himself probably isnt the best idea.

I believe that any Duke would do what's best for his/her tribe. I highly doubt he is using the account just to "play" with. And dragging somebody's name through the mud when it should serve no interest to you one way or the other doesn't sit right with me.

DeletedUser

If you don't want Krahl to be playing the account, you shouldn't have given him control of your account =/ He did what he thought was sensible: instead of wasting good troops, he sends them off to potential enemies. What's wrong with that? The implied purpose in giving up your account is so that Krahl can decide what to do with your troops; at least until all your villages have been distributed. I can't say whether what he did regarding mailing other people was right or wrong, but did any of the mails actually contain anything you don't like? if it's just courtesy replies from Krahl to whoever mails you, WHO CARES?

DeletedUser

i do not see anything wrong with his actions, you have a right to choose perhaps, but the interests of the tribe go first. krahl actions are not wrong, maybe he could have distributed faster but considering that he has to deal with admin for HOT, play his villages and sit multiple players, CUT HIM SOME SLACK

if you had a problem with this. you should have emailed any of the dukes to help out

DeletedUser

or maybe he should leap through the internet and punch you in the face

id probably laugh

unless i got punched

DeletedUser

If you get a kick out of punching women then by all means do.

Looks like I need to clarify a few issues.
I have no problem in Krahl using my offensive armies against enemies, in fact I suggested he do this. My problem is that I had cleared to troops from several villages for tribe members to takeover and had told him this. Khrahl recalled all the troops and as such two tribe members lost four nobles. Having already agreed with krahl on some of the members to take my villages he stalled for many days even though they were ready to noble them immediately. One member quit because they were so frustrated with the situation.

I find in extemely hypocritical that I can be slated for 'badmouthing' someone when they can pose as me and send aggressive mails to people. I resent my name and reputation being sullied like this. All he had to do was to say it was him and he was account sitting, but he didn't. I'd like to know if anyone would be happy to have someone else pose as them, sign mails as if me and behave in a matter that is not in character.

DeletedUser3514

If you get a kick out of punching women then by all means do.

I hope your not condoning/encouraging violence towards women here........

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

if you gave account sitting forever to krahl you must have atleast notified the Admins/Mods.

Edit:
If an aristocrat did something like that i should think he should not be an aristocrat. That is really not nice what he did. Also, that doesnt mean the whole HOT|NE and other hots (you didint say about other HOT's) are bad and dishonorable.

DeletedUser

I hope your not condoning/encouraging violence towards women here........

I'm female, so no :) I meant if he wanted to then bring it on as I used to box.

I didn't mean the whole of HOT, the title says dishonour in HOT|NE. Most players I have met in this game play with a certain standard of honour and common decency. Just there seem to be a few who forget that it's a game, a place to make friends and have fun.

DeletedUser2925

Once you've given your accounts to someone else I don't think you have room to bitch and moan about what happens to them. If you wanted some of them enobled you should have done that prior to turning them over.

I'm sure Krahl has better things to do than sit there and do your housekeeping.

DeletedUser

Is there a limit on how long an account can be babysat? While I am not weighing in on the whole is it honorable or not I can see a huge potential for abuse if people can sit an account forever. That really makes it just a legal multi-accounting that can't share resources (and really with a third party I can see how to easily get around that).

DeletedUser

I rather agree with jess. This should be a lesson to all. If you are going to leave the game then send your troops to support your fellows and then remain in the game until your villages are nobled. I was under the impression that you could not hand your account to someone else to use as they please, isn't that a double standard? or account pushing?

Obviously, this should have been handled differently and you can bet if I leave this game then my account will be settled before I leave and not handed to someone else.