Dodging Large Incoming Attacks by Nemesis 123

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Greetings Tribal Wars players.

I hope everyone is enjoying the new articles, guides and libraries!

Recently, I had the pleasure to chat with one of our long time veteran players, Nemesis123. After some good and lengthy dialog, Nemesis decide to share with me a never before published article he created some time ago. The article was saved as graphics files, which I had to modify to work in our forum.

I divided the article created by Nemesis123 into two sections. One is about creating a proper noble train, the other section is about fakes and dodging. While the article is long, it's worth every bit of your time. All the information is still relevant for today's game.

I also posted a link in our new guides library.

Happy Gaming!
IL

Opening points

Nemesis 7.png

Noble Trains

Nemesis 1.png

Nemesis 2.png

Nemesis 3.png

Nemesis 4.png

Fakes

Nemesis 6.png

Nemesis 5.png

Nemesis 9.png

Nemesis 8.png

DeletedUser

I should note that this was made in the context of pay to win mid game without watchtowers. Watchtowers change the mechanics of defending and remove a lot of the mindgames that non-watchtower worlds have (at least in my opinion) by removing fog of war. You can do some cool stuff with fanged fakes though given the way watchtower views things.

An important thing that isn't really mentioned in that guide is the idea of respect. You should try to avoid respecting your opponent. The more you respect your opponent, the more work you do. The more work you do, the more likely you are to burn out. Especially during the later parts of the game where you have defence and nukes aplenty. You start standard for the first day or two and then you go into a more relaxed mode and try to read your opponent. Don't dodge your shit asides from the very important villages until you see the nuke being brought out as a card (though I like to dodge a lot of my nukes by sending them to the enemy). Don't expect fangs until you see one. Then when you see one, show the respect. This goes unless you see very obviously strange patterns that indicate a threat.

The above works especially well in the context of watchtower worlds, given adequate placement of watchtowers.

In terms of watchtower placements, obviously I cannot say I am an expert on them given the lack of sample size of worlds I have played with them (being one). Generally the rule of thumb is to treat them similar to how one would treat a church village in a past world in terms that you have a dedicated village with the highest possible watchtower level that you stack. In terms of placement, always want as close to the front as possible, the ideal would to have watchtower villages in the middle of the enemy tribe to see attacks from 30-40 hours away.

I've given an example done badly on paint here:

Untitled.png

Assuming you are the player in yellow, your tribe is the blue and the enemy is the red (this is all theoretical. You want your watchtowers where the green circles are (showing a WT range), all level 20 which will allow you to identify incomings from the maximum distance away. The green crisscross shows the area behind these watchtowers that they cover. You don't need the red circles for example because they are made redundant by the green circles. The blue circles show watchtowers you'd want optimally, put as deathstars in the middle of enemy lines to identify nukes from 30+ hours away, which allows a 100 field+ reaction for support by Hcav.

This is optimal though, you may still want other watchtowers incase you lose watchtower villages or the enemy end with villages in the middle of your cluster, but you can supplement with smaller watchtowers that just about cover the enemy villages, guaranteeing any attack will be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Awesome !!!

Thanks Nemesis :)

No, your correct. The watchtower takes away guesswork and makes the game easier.