Dung Fu, the Drama Continues

DeletedUser

Since it means soooooo much to a couple PnP fella's out there, (and since the Decide thread has been littered with this off topic debate), I decide to give Gicusan and Badlapje what they wanted.

Not So Fine Print:

[spoil]I have left out anything not directly related to my debate. What others have said to each other, and myself, that is not related to this debate, is moot in my eyes. If anyone disagrees with this, feel free to post your opinions. You have my permission. :icon_razz: Further, I will be the first to admit that this is my opinion on what has occurred. If anyone wants an unbiased perspective, go back and read it yourselves. I highly condone this. Finally, this took some time, so pardon any grammatical flaws, or in some cases, where I may have inefficaciously expressed my intended views. (Lord knows, you are condemned to believe what others interpret. :icon_rolleyes:)[/spoil]

Here is my retort:

Cue Also Sprach Zarathustra

1. I mentioned that an attack by THE right now would seem opportunistic, but should they launch, they would still retain much of my appreciate for their tribe. It was at this point that the debate truly began. as it was this point that inspired gicu's response.

[spoil]
Lol! It has been fun JP, and as always, you are indeed one tough cookie out here.

Having said that, a few closing points of my own:

I don't know how effective I'd be at demanding a leader to resign, but for the life of me, I can't imagine why I would. Decide's current leadership is actually performing better than even I expected!

As for Green, they are fighting back. Think of it this way: those stats don't reflect how poorly Green are performing. They reflect how efficient Decide truly is. :icon_cool:

And for the record, the post about THE potentially attacking Decide was a personal opinion not shared by Decide. I simply see it as a good time to strike, while Decide and her allies are distracted elsewhere, particularly with BD having an opening as well. While there are other, less opportunistic directions THE and BD alike could take, for THE to wait, the Green war could very well give Decide a potential advantage down the road (unless it is a race to the rim, that would be fun :icon_wink:).

Further, I love THE, I do. Its an awesome tribe. As such, if I seem a bit... eager... it is because I enjoy the challenge (in PnP's and game), and honor fighting good enemies, but again, this is just me. If I imparted the sense that this at all came from Decide, I apologize. And while THE would lose some respect from me if it did, in fact, attack us soon, I would still consider it as being one of the best tribes I have seen to date, and certainly a pleasant challenge.

Finally, as for that video, I really did like it, and do hope to see more.
[/spoil]

2. Gicusan accused Decide of backstabbing because we broke an agreement. He indicates that when he gets the chance, he and some other BD members will attack as a result.

[spoil]
Be sure that when we will run out of targets we will move, I would never care about you fighting Green or anyone else. When you have only a handful of players on each front - most stellar, it is true, but anyway - you do not think too much about being a backstabber. Numbers wise and nobles wise we never had a fight where we were not considerably smaller on the front line.

When I say we will move, I do not talk for all the tribe but I will move and a couple others will also. Decide broke their word about recruiting Mistfits and that one I am not going to let pass by.
[/spoil]

3. I am informed that a player is under attack by BD. This player is not Acvenne (the refugee in question).

(Outside of PnP)

4. I respond to Gicusan quite calmly, calling him out on his blatant lie about us breaking an agreement, and mentioning for the first time the attacks I was told of. Notice at the end of this post I am clear that I am standing for myself, when I state that I will post war stats either with or without Decide blessings. Why would I need to state that if I have their blessings as a representative to begin with?

[spoil]
@ Gicusan

While I was not aware there was a final agreement made on that front, the MF recruited was done before we even started talking about it. You can't retroactively accuse people Gicu. In essence, you are accusing Decide of being guilty of something because it did it before ever agreeing not to. :icon_confused:

Unless Decide recruited a player after you brought that up that I am unaware of? In which case, I am all ears.

In any event, there's no need to justify it with some poor excuse anyway, while it can be certainly seen as taking advantage of a turned back, you don't really need an excuse to attack us (we have no diplomacy, nor agreements in place after all), but you gotta do what you gotta do. :icon_wink:

Personally, I don't mind it. I have expressed in the past how I see the inevitable war with BD. I do mind you accusing Decide of being dishonorable when you have no grounds to the accusation, but I have already covered that point above. In any event, I will start up a thread when I get time for the stats (in the name of Decide if she permits, in my own name if not), unless you want to. either way works for me.
[/spoil]

5. Gicusan uses the next post both drop BD's name as a tribe from the conversation, and to try to antagonize me, which he later admits to, over my original post.

[spoil]
I thought you guys know how to read.

I will try again. Me and a couple of BD players do not like what Decide does in k45. Who said anything about declaring war or talking about alliances with Green. Sorry, both are highly unlikely to happen.

"If I feel like it I will attack Decide as they annoyed me despite them being at war with Green or whatever". This is what I said. Last time I checked my nickname is Gicusan not BD. This was a comment to Atraeus when he tried to show that THE attacking would be unfair as they are at war already. And I said that that is bullshit in my opinion. (that post was not one of his better ones. do that a lot more subtely)

About off-topicness. You hust had 2 pages long one with JP on which I made a comment.

PS. Canine got angry about your new recruit after we talked Atraeus. I will not check as I do not care. Before or after a refugee is still a refugee.
[/spoil]

6. Fair enough, he wants me to drop subtlety, I do. Further, I remind him that he threw a bogus charge at Decide; that it is common TW philosophy, and just plain logical to consider it a BD attack when several BD members attack; and finally, I tell him my opinions of BD's timingone he tries to dodge, thus sparking this infamous debate.

[spoil]
I must have missed that post. I assure you, had I caught it, you would have had a response.

However, to clarify something: I never said it would be unfair, and that was being subtle. Not being subtle is to say they would lose some respect from me if they did because it would be opportunistic, and pathetic that they, or any other, particular being top tribes, should feel the need. But I would still consider them one of the best tribes I've seen yet. I cannot say the same for BD. At least they wouldn't half ass it behind some lame excuse.

And as for the rest of your post, this will be easy:

1. There is a very distinct difference between claiming a refugee, and claiming a breach of an agreement. You accused Decide of being dishonorable for breaking an agreement that we neither made, nor broke. You and I talked about it, yes, but to the best of my knowledge, it was never agreed upon, and even so, those talks came after Acvenne joined. If you CBA to get your facts straight, then I'd say you're poorly representing your tribe.

Even if you could have proven either, that would have been something, but you cannot; instead, you changed your stance now to going after a refugee, which is just switching excuses, and once more, its kind of sad that you feel you need one.

2. Whether it is your whole tribe, or just the ones at our border, BD is now attacking Decide. Unless you are rogue members, you are acting under BD sanction, and as such, representing your tribe. Likewise, any support via attacks, defense, sitting, or information gleaned or communicated through your tribes networks is a means of your tribe assisting in this coup by default, and as there is no way to either prove or disprove this is in fact taking place, it is unreasonable to assume you truly are on your own. I know BD members are notorous for embellishing and fluff, so forgive me if I do not believe any statements to the contrary.

Simply put, say what you will, but there are no two ways to look at this Gicu.

3. Now, lets look at timing. Acvenne joined our tribe on the 27th of August at 01:00:01 ST. You have had about a month and a half to make a move, yet you conveniently start after we begin a war elsewhere. Now, again, there are no two ways to spin it Gicu. This is opportunistic by definiton.

However, I will say this, it is certainly a compliment that you would feel the need to wait in order to successfully attack Decide. That says a lot of your faith in our abilities. :icon_cool:

So BD is attempting to escape negative PR by claiming it is an act of only some individuals grounded on poor excuses, also giving themselves the opportunity to say it wasn't really them putting their all into it if and when they fail. Likewise, even though the facts clearly prove you did feel the need to milk this opportunity, you can claim it isn't related to the war at all and somehow, its reasonable...

But then, I can claim to be sent from the future to save the world, so I guess your not the only ones that can be full of crap.

And then add this afterward:

We have incommings... Incommings you said would come. How can you see this any other way Gicu?
[/spoil]

7. Gicusan goes to support his accusation of Decide breaking an agreement; state subtely that he thinks I represent my tribe, because I am under the impression that he represents his; that he is unaware of the attacks on Decide, and calls me paranoid, a hypocrite, and twisted as a result of my reasoning.

[spoil]
You are paranoid. I am sure your close boys are uneasy sleeping at night bordering BD but there is no war here. On the other hand, if you want an war, you are welcomed and I am sure we can do something about it.

Anyway, the recruit and the deal. In the end that is a problem between you and me as I understand. You talked a lot about how you are not a leader in your tribe lately. I am not a duke also. But my word is the word of our tribe. Just a short addenda, I talked to you about it 2 weeks ago or something so do not be an hipocryte on top of things and say this is the first time you hear about that recruit.

BD is not a tribe like yours or like many others. Here the players have free will to attack whenever they want, whomever they want but THE. That is why I have no idea who is attacking you and I do not care to check. Who is doing that has our trust and I am sure he knows what he is doing. Again, BD is not attacking your tribe yet.

You have a twisted mind so you think about too many schemes. Sorry. Only scheme here is that I put my opinion in your and JP convo and added some spices to test the waters. Funny results :)
[/spoil]

8. I address his points individually, expressing that I never said I was unaware of it (I had actually stated the opposite), nor am I even debating if or if not Acvenne is a refugee; I press the fact that he accused Decide with a bogus charge; I address the fact that he ignored the timing of the attacks (Again, I was under the impression we were being attacked); I see him as being the first to jump the gun, and clearly state it, though BD later tries to accuse me of doing this; I clearly state that I have no idea where he stands with his tribe, though I have, throughout the entire thread, been open about myself.

[spoil]
I never said it was the first time I heard about it Gicusan, nor was her refugee status what I was challenging, so no hypocrasy there. Quote me next time, otherwise its just more fluff.

And as for representing a tribe, I would bet my money that you are probably a Baron in your tribe, which is more than me, but either way makes little difference, and you will find my retort to this piece of insanity at the end of the post.

Now, to be clear: you started by claiming we broke an agreement. I stated it was not agreed upon. I told you (in mail) it would need a council vote, and it never went further than that. There was no official agreement that I can remember, but even so, Acvenne was still recruited BEFORE that talk. So again, you were wrong to accuse us of breaking an agreement, even had one been made, which again, it was not to the best of my knowledge.

How does this justify the fact that you changed your excuses? How does this justify the fact that you are wrong about your timeframe? And why have you conveniently ignored the fact that these attacks didn't start until after we were at war?

So this is a war between certain members of your tribe and certain members of mine then? And if we were to counter attack, the others in your tribe will not get involved? Whats the official word boyo, or does BD just not want to say anything...? I mean, it could be easier if they just make it up as they go along, which is what it seems like your doing to me. In which case, hey, don't say anything!

Its the truth chief, but it goes without saying, which is why I didn't say it with so many words the first time. I understand you might have seen it as underhanded, but insomuch as I believe it was obvious to everyone, and I was using tact, I would have to disagree. So... um... bravo?

Wow. A paranoid hypocrite with a twisted mind? Man, I must have touched a sore spot for you to be jumping the gun that bad! Geeze! Lol!

Look, I don't know why you feel the need to jump off the handle Gicu. You told me attacks would come, and attacks came. I have been open about my position in the tribe, you have not. It has been clear to what degree of representation I have in my tribe (obviously I have gone out of my way to be sure of that fact), but not for you. Yet you call me paranoid of attacks that have come, and you call me a hypocrite for something I'm not guilty of? And I am twisted to see hostility here?

Tell me Gicu, and I'd like for you to be honest. How should I, or any other reasonable minded human being take this information?
[/spoil]

9. Badlapje joins the debate, he treid to lead my debate as if I am defending a refugee. He will continue to do this with the rest of his debates; He is totally correct when he mentions a cross nobling with one of our players (In bold, also the source of the confusion on my part); he begins his pattern of trying to associate myself to Decide; He tries to associate my debate with Gicu to DN, and further tries to make us look like we were jumping the gun.

[spoil]
Atraeus ... i got to say that you were providing a very entertaining read for me so far, but the allegation that BD is attacking DECIDE is simply put ridiculous. As with many things: this stems from semantic confusion.

Some of BD are attacking some of DECIDE. True enough. I see above canine- is appearently attacking, i read before in a skypefart that Beaker is also attacking a DECIDE guy (who nobled a village from a MF target he cleared it seems). This is not a war by a long shot. And i'm pretty darned sure that DECIDE's standards about what constitutes a war are a tad higher as well. Hell, i wouldn't even call this a skirmish.

I know you guys got political reasons for taking potshots at us when you see an opening, but really: do you think anyone believes that BD is at war with DECIDE right now? Or that we are attacking you guys with the full power that we are capable off? Or even 1/4 for that matter?

The posts are interesting though because it seems to me [DN] and to a lesser extent DECIDE are very jumpy about us getting involved. Meaning there's prolly an agreement in place to say that IF we were to attack DECIDE [DN] will declare on us. Of course: that's just conjecture but i see several people squirming on a hook here when we didn't even cast a fishing line. Luckily, i'm feeling good tonight so let me put your minds at ease: BD is simply doing what it always does: expanding first within the churches it owns and then right next to it. Doesn't matter much whether it's one of your guys, one of MF or one of [DN] that's there. The ship is running smoothly, so we'll just let her go steady onwards.
[/spoil]

10. Gicusan indicates he never reads such long posts as my most recent (indicating he does not have a clear picture of what I am saying); he expresses the BD philosophy, which is to attack everything when it best serves them.

[spoil]
I never read such long posts. jumped to the end. Hope this will answer you.

You should take it as what it is. Do not build a war out of a promise from 2 hours ago that talks about an attack 2 days old.

About a real war among our tribes. It will come when it will come. Basicaly you will have attacks everytime you violate our safe areas and churches. A real war? That I do not know. We never had an war in w30 so far. I mean we had a few wars declared on us but we never declared so far and we are not eager to. We expand in small teams, if it happens to kill a tribe, that is TW life. We never care if a tribe is at war with other tribe or something like that when attacking. That is not our problem. We are here to kill and we kill what and when we want.

Hope this answers your question.
[/spoil]

11. I discover that the player that told me he was under attack had exagerated the situation, and that it was under control. I openly admit to being wrong then, about the attacks on that player (note: that player, while unnamed - was never Acvenne, I was very clear about that); After a poke at Gicu, I admit my mistake, but continue to press that my logic is sound. Had they been attacking us, I would still feel the same way; I make some comments on the voyeristic nature of the PnP, and state that all sides could be accused at jumping at what spawned as a debate with Gicusan.

[spoil]
Mmmmm... this is shmexy! :icon_smile:

While I'd love to post a massive spiel to respond to everything, (and probably will make a big one anyway, cuzz that's how I roll) I hear Gicu has a hard time reading, and wouldn't want him to feel left out. (tease. :))

So I'll try to keep this short.

@ BD and DN:

I was informed that we did have incommings to multiple players. As it turns out, the player that informed us of this was posting inaccurate information. Acting on this faulty information, I am the one in the wrong and apologize for the confusion. Make of it what you will.

My mistake was grounded on misinformation, and I can certainly be flamed for that. But my reasoning was not unsound. I have clearly expressed the logical way to view this information, given the convenient timing with Gicu's post, and likewise with the reasoning of how legitimate of a voice he is for the tribe, all coupled with common Tribal Wars philosophy.

Nevertheless, even that point was exacerbated by Gicu's responses. The primary focus of my concerns spawned largely in response to our honor being thrown unreasonably into question. Further, not once did I debate the validation of a supposed refugee. You can go back and verify if you like.

We did not break any agreement, and unless Gicu can prove otherwise, then its still a groundless assault on my tribe's integrity.

So again, I will take full blame for word of the attacks, but I will continue to stand by the fact that our tribe has not yet, and will not go against an agreement. As for the refugee, I have not said anything to argue or debate the matter, merely to point out that Gicu's defense conveniently shifted from the attack on our honor to that point.

@ Templarz: First, I agree with you, sort of, regarding the value of the PnP.

There are only two purposes for PnP at this stage in the game: 1. to entertain the aggressive and assholes alike, and 2. to intimidate tribes into quitting, which is, as was said before, the only real practical way to win a war.

Also, @ Badlap as well as Temp: If it seems as though there has been any jumping at this situation, it strikes me as coming mostly from the mass of outsiders that has joined the fray. Decide and DN are not the only tribe throwing rhetoric blows and jumping to post. Personally, I would see this more as a repressed strain between other tribes manifesting on our thread. For myself, I would not have thought I, at any point, jumped any gun, but that is my opinion.

Still, there is something to be said about twisting the situation for personal agendas. And we all know that that is indeed what the PnP is all about. It is politics in training. :icon_wink:
[/spoil]

12. Badlapje comes back to continue his misdirection of the debate, twisting my mention of an attack from the actual player to the refugee, then trying to use this different concept to discredit the war with Green; makes a generalized statement about BD expanding where and when they want; again he tries to state I was defending a refugee, when I wasn't; he tries to associate me as representing Decide; and claims I was "proven" wrong about the misinformation, which was also not true (nothing was proven in the debate).

[spoil]
Right, so us attacking one of your members who we have attacked before on at least two occasions (judging by the caps) reflects poorly on us because you are now at war?

But you attacking GREEN when they are still under attack by [DN] doesn't reflect poorly on you? Guess that's all good cause you're a smaller more desperate crew (or are we smaller cause we have less members, does small refer to points or members in this context)?

We had been putting into effect plans of expansion into K45 for some time. Knowing full well of our intentions, DECIDE started a conflict with GREEN as they took in a K45 member right next to one of our members. Should we have decided not to fight that DECIDE member then, simply because his new tribe declared war on someone else, even though the plan was already in full effect?

So wait, you were defending [DN]'s right to go after the -O- recruits GREEN took in, but we can't go after the MF recruits you guys took in? What exactly is the difference here? Refugees all of them imo.
The difference between the two situations being that you've had a front-line with Green for quite some time now, whereas acvenne was just recruited by you guys. You know that it's bullshit what you're saying, even if i can appreciate you trying to defend your tribe. You apologised, but you can't let it go?

So is it timing? Let's see:
Green took in (probably there're others but i'm lazy right about now) these three members from -O-, all three joined GREEN on Sept. 1st:
- lauradoom
57.01.29 (719|502) K57 9,537 lauradoom [GREEN] IvIalice [[DN]] 25th September 2009 - 17:18:00
57.01.37 (717|503) K57 9,460 lauradoom [GREEN] IvIalice [[DN]] 25th September 2009 - 09:55:55
57.02.21 (721|502) K57 9,460 lauradoom [GREEN] IvIalice [[DN]] 25th September 2009 - 04:09:58
*Its war! (809|464) K48 6,572 Tomas Torquemada [[DN]] lauradoom [-O-] 01st July 2009 - 11:55:57
*Tardis (809|477) K48 5,466 Tomas Torquemada [[DN]] lauradoom [-O-] 01st July 2009 - 06:13:34
*Trump (816|474) K48 5,546 Tomas Torquemada [[DN]] lauradoom [-O-] 28th June 2009 - 08:43:09
- wickedsweetone (no conquers against or from [DN]
- scorca
D.N. (765|466) K47 9,751 scorca [-O-] Tomas Torquemada [[DN]] 27th July 2009 - 06:26:54
D.N. (760|465) K47 9,527 scorca [-O-] Tomas Torquemada [[DN]] 23rd July 2009 - 22:03:25

And what did we do against acvenne?
1040 H5 (509|431) K45 9,784 acvenne [MF] canine- [BD] 05th August 2009 - 13:34:34
2-what being honourable means (445|494) K44 9,649 acvenne [-=TA=-] muboop [BD] 16th May 2009 - 00:00:42
080 I <> Incoming From BD (511|466) K45 8,864 acvenne [-=TA=-] Beaker123 [BD] 14th May 2009 - 01:05:28
Black Dawn (452|505) K54 3,837 acvenne [-=TA=-] MuleJuice [BD] 13th May 2009 - 23:55:59
Black Dawn (449|507) K54 7,401 acvenne [-=TA=-] muboop [BD] 12th May 2009 - 18:44:44
integrity before game (431|497) K44 6,997 acvenne [-=TA=-] muboop [BD] 12th May 2009 - 11:48:37
Black Dawn (449|508) K54 8,614 acvenne [-=TA=-] MuleJuice [BD] 12th May 2009 - 05:57:34
in service to my country (448|498) K44 9,272 acvenne [-=TA=-] muboop [BD] 12th May 2009 - 05:53:08
still have integrity (447|495) K44 9,305 acvenne [-=TA=-] muboop [BD] 12th May 2009 - 02:55:40
i have honour which u lack (441|500) K54 8,992 acvenne [-=TA=-] muboop [BD] 11th May 2009 - 23:41:01

I don't see a difference, but feel free to point it out to me. Remember though, the difference is not:
- refugee status
- timing
- tribe being at war with someone else

You argued that Gicusan is seen as a voice of BD, by the same argumentation you are the voice of DECIDE. In fact, earlier in this thread you clearly stated that you were here against your wishes defending your tribe on the PnP because your tribe requested it so. And you argue opportunism?

I find it highly opportunistic that you apologise for making a misinformed allegation towards BD, because you were proven wrong, to then stir up the same debate again with another angle. One might question your motives for such an action.
[/spoil]

13. I respond to Badlapje in an attempt to clear up his off track assault on me. I explain I was never defending Acvenne, nor refering to her when I was speaking of BD attacking; I indicate that, to the best of my knowledge, DN were attacking refugees, though they had strayed to Toasta, and that I didn't see it as the same as BD attacking Decide now, of all times (at this point defending my logic to begin with, had BD truly been attacking us); I question the logic of being able to claim whatever whenever, as I do see that as being opportunistic (one of two ways BD have been considered such during my debates); most of his debate is grounded on the false idea that I was defending a refugee, and I reference that; I further reiterate that I do not represent Decide as any kind of official (I'm just a fan at this point); I question his motives for twisting my debate (he never responds to this, though I repeat the quation later).

[spoil]
That is a blatant misconstruction of the situation. I was under the impression BD were attacking another member, and en mass. I did not even touch the attacks on Acvenne.

DN aren't attacking Green. They are attacking refugees. They were attacking these refugees before they were in Green. Green attacked DN, and yet still, DN has not, aside from Toasta, attacked Green. Nevertheless, once more, I was not referring to attacks on Acvenne.

Its not the same situation, and again, you are conveniently ignoring the circumstances I addressed, ignoring the fact that I was speaking based on a different player getting attacked in an effort to find guilt where there is none.

Thats a rather weak point for a tribe that claims it is putting into effect plans of expansion everywhere that's not THE. :icon_rolleyes:

I never argued whether you could or couldn't go after a refugee. Obviously you missed the part where I said that several times. Was that an accident? Or another convenient smokescreen? :icon_eek:

The difference goes back to the last couple points I just made. I was not refering to acvenne. I made this abundantly clear. I was refering to another, unrelated player.

I have made it clear to what degree I can speak for Decide, and to what degree I speak for myself. Gicusan has never, so far as I have seen, expressed clearly his role in his tribe, and I was under a misconception that he represented his tribe as a leader. Obviously I was wrong with that, and I admit it freely, but that does not reflect upon my status as a member of Decide. Seriously, thats just a petulant effort to blame me of being guilty of someone elses actions.

Further, I did not say I was here against my wishes. Once more a convenient misonstruction of a fact. After all Baddy, there is a difference between being the voice of a tribe, or simply wearing your team jacket, as JP put it. I made it clear where I stand with that.

You can say: "You represent Decide! You do! You do! YOU ARE DECIDE!!!!" But, sadly, no amount of desperately pressing this further misconstruction will make it true.

Yet another misconstruction! If all you have is to twist what I am saying to find fault in my words, then I must say that I am disappointed in you. But again, that's just me. Gasp! Not Decide.

I am simply supporting my logic. The debate was created by Gicusan, when he accused Decide of breaking an agreement, and then question the reasoning behind my logic. Whether the information is accurate or not, that has no bearing on how valid my method of reasoning is, and as you yourself continue to debate it, that question of motive seems as though it would be more accurate if aimed at you.
[/spoil]

14. Gicusan jumps in, claiming he didn't really read it, but claims that Bad's arguements were sound and then goes on to repeat some things Bad had already said.

[spoil]
Too long again to read so I will let Bad answer you. From a quick post cross read, you are bringing mostly little new against Bad's solid arguments. Anyway why were you talking about diffrent, unrelated players?

I will answer the question about my position in BD. I am not the duke. I hold a baron status if you count the settings in the tribe members area. But like decision making I am not less duke than, for example, Badlapje. We do not have a fixed rulling system in our tribe. Everybody is duke in his area and all but the newest members that still have to grip the handle of things, are speaking in the name of the tribe. Because the tribe, as much as you are concerned, is their surrounding area where they rule supreme with or without their neighbours. Hope you are pleased becouse I do not have another answer.
[/spoil]

15. I respond by disagreeing that Bad has sound arguements, since he was arguing against something that I was never saying to begin with; I reiterate that I had already said it clearly in the past, and am surprised how Bad could be so confused about what Gicu and I had been debating; I prove that Gicusan was aware that I had left Decide's leadership and that I was quitting; I express that I do appreciate Gicusan and do not like the fact that what started as a debate had turned into a conflict.

[spoil]
@ Gicusan:

His arguments aren't sound, if you read over what I have written, or were unbiased perhaps, you would have noticed this. Further, it is redundant to bring anything new when my past posts are solid facts. As for answering where you are in the tribe, a little late, as it is now irrelevant, and Bad already made that clear.

For the record, you knew first hand that I had stepped down and away from the tribe, as well as the fact that I was quitting the game, having had that conversation with me via PM in game. So while some may simply be deluded in selectively perceiving where I stand with Decide, you cannot share this excuse.

Gicusan2.jpg

Anyway, its a shame you and I have been at each other as we have. It seems this was not so much a debate as a confrontation. I really do not think lowly of you in any way Gicu, but I must defend what I see and feel is right.

Further, for the record, I have been here doing what I said I would, which is declare and wear my shirt, but I am not even playing the game anymore (I gave my account away), so people can push that I am the voice of Decide all they want, it is simply not true.
[/spoil]

16. Gicusan responds, stating it was inapropriate to use that message; he indicates he still feels that I represent my tribe, and says to stop it in hopes to let another Decide member step up.

[spoil]
1. Please ask before you ever post ingame mail. Not that it reveals something evil, but it iss just a no do.

2. Last mail post hinders it a little but I also like you somehow. Anyway, we are here to represent our tribe or just our opinions. Who we like or not is a diffrent stuff.

About the leadership position. You have a huge influence inside your tribe if they let you represent them. So stop this. For all that the world is concerned, untill someone else presents himself/herself, you are the leader of Decide.
[/spoil]

17. I agree that I should have consulted him about the mail, accept fault and appologize; I try to reiterate what I am doing with the debate, in hopes to be clear of my position by reiterating being wrong about the attacks, but stating that at that point, what was really being attacked was my honor and loyalty, and so long as it would be pressed, I would stand up for myself in the way I believe is right; I reiterate that no official of Decide has gotten involved because it has nothing to do with Decide's views, it is mine, and had been from the start. I was defending decide like a football fan would defend his team. Again, if my aggresors would let it go, I was fine with that (I thought that was what Gicu was asking of me).

[spoil]
@ Gicusan:

About PM mail, fair enough, I can agree with you there. It is a personal thing and I should have consulted you first. I apologize.

As for the debate, I was wrong about the information I was given, and admitted the fact. I am willing to step back from this now and leave it be so long as my name, my credibility and honor are no longer in question, as it is in defense of these things that I am here at this point. Otherwise, I will continue to defend myself.

As for someone representing Decide, they have not got involved because it has never been their squabble, and I have tried in every way possible to express that fact. If the forums need Decide to come on and denounce me, it can be arranged. In any event, I had an opinion based on what I was told in skype regarding attacks, I spoke on my opinion. However, if they want to represent themselves, its up to them, and I can settle with that, however, I will continue to post my own personal opinions.

If you can agree to let it go, I will also agree to let it go, and leave this thread to Decide and her enemy.
[/spoil]

18. Badlapje returns, once more persisting that I am debating something that I am not; He throws things that TT and ChamichA said at me, and then throw the fact that I mentioned the name Acvenne at me (entirely out of context) to support his deluded debate; He asks the attacked player's name (I find this information redundant, as whether he has a name or not, I was clear from the start that I wasn't speaking of Acvenne); he takes an old post before this debate started eniterly out of context, one I explained clearly to Mick876; He accuses me of blanket statements (which I find hypocritical, given the nature of his debate); He actually confused me with a couple points; He twists the intention of my words to try to support the idea that I am some representative of Decide, again, out of context; he reiterates it a couple times and ends it with his evaluation of my point, ending with a very clear question, to which I can simply answer:

"I never mentioned any circumstance of BD attacking Acvenne, only the timing that BD would have taken had they begun an attack on Decide. After all, if BD wanted to attack their refugee, there would be no need to wait until we were at war to start. DN did not wait until Green were at war with anyone. Nevertheless, allow me to reiterate, that was NEVER my point. Simply put, you are fighting ghosts."

[spoil]
really, you were? Then why was only his name mentioned? I just combed through this entire thread. I found not a single other name. Not one.
1. TT bringing up how we're attacking DECIDE
2. TT yet again
3. this guy is on fire

do note that up to there no names are mentioned. But wait ... what happens now?

4. Chamica bringing up the player in question.
5. (note: i added bold)

Yup, that's you running with the Acvenne name. I went through all your posts and found a couple more where you mentioned Acvenne. Not once did you mention another player. Given that you already apologised for reacting on misinformation that BD was launching widespread attacks on DECIDE: please do tell what player you're talking about then if it's not Acvenne?

So DN aren't attacking Green, they are attacking refugees in Green. Let's see how this particular topic was covered earlier in this thread shall we?
1. Pure loonanimus (from DN) admits they're attacking and that refugees make up a large part of GREEN. He does so in this post.
2. Liquid C, not in a hurry to declare war but clearly stating entire Ks of refugees adding to the feeling that DN might as well declare on them instead of beating around the bush.
3. Atraeus (yup, you) agreeing with that assessment.

I could quote more but i guess you get the general feeling here?

So yah, i guess you're right. It is not the same situation by far. Whilst you had to admit you were wrong in accusing BD of attacking DECIDE ... you yourself agree that DN might as well declare on GREEN and get it over with. From what the various DN posters in this thread have said, they pretty much feel the same.

Of course, you already know all of this. That's why you're just making blanket statements such as "waaaaah, you're ignoring circumstances" and "waaaah, i was referring to another unrelated player". Actually referring where you found the info, what player(s) you are talking about and sticking to your point would be to hard, given it'd mean you're making the same argument i am.

Glad you agree with me. Of course, it was exactly the same as your point about DECIDE, GREEN and [DN], but carefully looking past that with a nice smiley next to it can indeed fool people. Good job! Next time i'll put it in sarcasm tags so you don't get it quite so easy to beat around the bush.

I didn't, i merely asked you to back up what the difference is between what we are doing and what [DN] is doing. I see no argument in your entire post to rationalise why it's a "weak" or "low" move from BD but not when your allies do so (or you yourself in fact).

Abundantly clear indeed you do not want to name the player in question, but you did mention Acvenne's name several times.

yes you did make it clear. In this thread you are pretty much the only one who's representing DECIDE. Sure there's the odd member posting here and there, but you are clearly the spokesmen for DECIDE on the PnP. I admit, it's a crazy notion that the guy answering all questions/concerns/allegations/random contributions is a spokesman for a tribe. Especially when he has been representing DECIDE on the forums for quite some time now. And doubly so when he makes a post like this:

Notice the bolded parts. You are saying you are here to defend Decide against its antagonists on this thread. By the request of the leadership. So yeah, i consider you part of the leadership. Even inactive, you are by far more a leader of decide on the pnp then anyone else.

True, you didn't. But you did say you wouldn't have time for it but put on the team jacket because they asked it. Hence my deduction it was against your wishes, my apologies on this count then.

as i pointed out above, you said it first ;)

No you're not. You are making a case which if the tables were turned you wouldn't make at all. Not in private and not out loud. You have been vocal on a number of occasions on these forums about refugees. Not once did you say that there's a certain time-frame within which one needs to attack those refugees to make sure they don't lose the refugee status. Quite the opposite in fact. You ignored that part of my post full-out of course, when i presented you with hard facts (with a link so you can check with ease the validity of the facts) that the refugees from -O- over which [DN] is attacking GREEN members were in the same situation as acvenne is with BD (wel, we got more caps on acvenne prior to him switching tribes but no biggie there). So please do shed some light on this: what is the special circumstance that makes it so bad for BD to be attacking acvenne (or any other ex-MF members)? Why is he not a refugee?

See, i'm a nice guy. I've even underlined the question (which i also posed in my previous post) so you won't "overlook" it :icon_wink:
[/spoil]

19. Seeing Bad's strategy as an obvious smokescreen from the original debate to begin with, I see no reason to entertain his off track arguements. Having nothing to hide, I clearly inform him that I disagree with him; that he is persisting to thrust an arguement in my mouth I never had any part of; and that as far as I was concerned, I had expressed my points clearly. I go on to prove I have nothing to hide by telling everyone to make their own opinions, not just take Bad'a, or my own as gospel. I reiterate that I do not represent Decide. (Get the sense where they want me to keep repeating myself?)

[spoil]
I respect Gicusan, and my offer to him. I will stand by that, should any other be interested as well. However, until then, I will continue to defend myself accordingly.

You said your piece Bad, whereas I feel my piece has already been said quite clearly in the past. While I will state you have continued to distort my words, and I do not agree with anything you wrote in your recent post, it makes little difference anyway. Seriously man, all it takes is a half intelligent person to read your quotes to see the obvious misconstructions, and that's assuming they haven't been following it to begin with. So in truth, I don't really have to say much in response to you.

I do find it amusing that you are trying so hard to prove not only that I am wrong in some way, but that my actions can in some way reflect on Decide. I mean, you are really trying, pulling out anything you can think of, even blaming me for things other people said! Motive? (I bet I see where its going, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

Nevertheless, in point of fact, as I said it right throughout the whole thread to begin with, and stand by everything I have already written, this is all I do have to say, because quite frankly, I'm just going to be repeating myself if I respond in further detail:

If any of you PnP people want to know the truth, you are more than welcome to go back and read it yourselves. Make your own opinions; do not take the table fed opinions here as gospel, my own included.

And Baddie, if you really want to blame Decide for me and my posts, I mean, if it reeeaallly means that much to you, then all I can say is you gotta do what you gotta do. But I think I have given this whole world enough reason to know that when I have argued you here, it has been all me, no matter how hard you try to argue the contrary. But meh... whatever helps you sleep at night chief.
[/spoil]

20. Badlapje responds with a slew of discrediting slurs and insults, no doubt attempting to sway me into reponding to his fake arguements. He repeatedly refers to me as a liar, and underhandedly insults my integrity.

[spoil]
wow Atraeus, way to not address the facts i brought up. I thought your previous reply to my post was bad, but this really does take the cake. It is sad when you see such a talented wordsmith/debater resort to such tactics to disguise his faults. I would have thought you'd at least make a halfway decent reply or just admit you're in the wrong. Instead you've basically just tried to ridicule my position without actually addressing any of the arguments. Reminds me of Isaac Asimovs' Foundation Trilogy. There's a scene in there where some ambassador visits the foundation and when they analyse his words afterwards it turns out he literally said nothing of importance, nothing of substance. 't Is a skill to beat around the bush, and you deserve a medal!

I applaud your persistence though. Anyone else would've just concluded their gig was up and made a run for it. You just keep repeating the same BS. Keep it up, as much as it's BS i actually enjoy seeing you use underhanded debate tactics with such perfection. Many a politician could learn from you.

But just to be sure: i guess that means you won't be addressing my question then?
[/spoil]

21. I respond by once mroe questioning his motives. I responded in a very clear, level headed manner, and he bursts into an attack. I tell him I see it as ridiculous and as a result, that he has lost my respect for it. Further, I question his motives to press me into continueing the debate, one I see as being nothing more than "a pointless argument over the "true" meaning of my words, so that you can further have the opportunity to table feed them your own perspective." Particularly on a debate I was never even having to begin with.

[spoil]
@ Bad:

Ouch! Your entire post was an attempt to further insult, and discredit me. Where I told you that I disagreed with you, and told the masses to go make their own opinion, in response you unleash a barrage of insults?

I find two things amusing here: 1. you are trying so hard, you almost seem desperate. To be honest, I'd love to know why. and 2. that throughout my time on these PnP's, you have tried to uphold an image of a clear thinking, calm individual; an image you have certainly proven false to me by your actions here.

Fact: if you gave two shits about the truth Bad, you would agree that people can go make their own opinions. But you insist on getting me to continue with a pointless argument over the "true" meaning of my words, so that you can further have the opportunity to table feed them your own perspective.

The fact is, not once have you even addressed the point I was making. You have addressed what words I've used, you've used other people's quotes and tied them in with me, you've tried to make of me some kind of martyr where there is nothing more than an individual writing. You have tried to put a different point in my mouth, and insomuch as you refuse to admit that I was never going for the point you say I was to begin with, there is no point in continuing this song and dance. And you want to hold it against me for taking a calm, clear minded approach to this debate?

Say what you will bad, but you've lost my respect.

On an unrelated note, Kudos for the Asimov reference. The man was a genius! I'm rather fond of The Last Question myself.
[/spoil]

22. Gicusan does not like this. He accuses me of pointing the finger (I found this amusing myself); claims that he read Bad's post, and has based his opinion on this.

[spoil]
Atraeus, answer the man questions if you have an answer. Do not continue to point a finger. He is discrediting you with arguments. Opose them. You were not making opinions for the fun of it, you were debating and arguing. Do not change it into a place we give opinions. We are all ears.

On the other hand re-reading Bads arguments and questions I can see very well why you do not want to answer. It is tough as you are the one discrediting himself, not Badlapje.
[/spoil]

23. I inform Gicu that in my eyes, I did respond to him, when he first attacked me and I tried to ecplain how off track he was. When I realized he intended to be off traxck, I realized "its a tarp!!1!" and said no thanks, let the world make up its own mind. I inform Gicu that he should read everything to base an opinion, something he has openly stated he has not done.

[spoil]
Gicusan, I did. And I gave a solid reason for not continuing the pointless debate. If you don't like it, well... guess your just going to have to live with it.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion. Its what I am shooting for. Lets hope others follow suit in reading back and making their own opinion; though not only of his posts, but mine as well. (as that is what you did, not wanting to read my long posts, you just took Bad's logic as gospel). After all, there are two sides to this debate, and they are both over what I wrote originally to begin with.
[/spoil]

24. Gicusan responds that he does not really read big posts, and him being uninformed is my fault; he calls my recent posts as both lies and shit; He goes into Bad's points of "if they are gangbanging, how can it be wrong if we gangbang" which was never my point (my point being their timing being opportunistic, timing never mentioned here); He mentions attacks on a refugee (another point I was never getting at) and mentions a cross nobling (something addressed waaaaay back a there); he indicates Bad and his motives as being the simple question of why we are jumpy (given that all I can see is me defending my opinions, I find this amusing, particularly as I have kept a good cool this entire debate); he concludes that my recent posts as "low" PnP tactics.

[spoil]
I do not read your huge ones (posts) but fast and not at all throughly because they are long and probably redundant. I do not read pajuno's posts for the same reason. Even one of Bad's posts in this forum got a rather rash treatment from the reading me. This is an opinion. We have nothing to talk on it. You will shorten them or not and that is your choice or pajuno's choice. Nothing to comment on it from my point of view.

I say the dabate is not pointless. And quitting in the middle when out of answers and in the same time throwing lies and shit in the direction of your oposed debate partner, of courxe I do not like it. I do not want the world to be under any false impression here.

1. Stricto senso, Decide and DN are attacking Green, en masse. If there are 1, 2 or 3 wars declared or not, it is not important. It is a fact. Proved by stats and confirmed by everyone, including members of the 2 tribes. I have no idea why you keep hidding around the fingers whern there is not problem at all with it. At least not from where I see it. That is what allies and friends are for. That is what TW politics exist. Gangbanging is a perfectly viable choice to play the game. We all have done it more than once.

2. Also, BD is attacking Decide, Stricto Senso again. There are very few attacks concentrated on very few villas of a player that is considered a refugee here. It is not tribe against tribe and even if it was it would be no diffrent compared to what you and DN are doing in the east. There was a lot of jumpy acusation from you towards us. While you were all umprepared for the discussion.
BTW, you may find out now that another player of Decide was hit and lost a village to BD-Beaker. Was just a small fight over a new ennoblement. A very short one. Still nothing big. Nothing scarry.

The mine question Badlapje and me have is: why so jumpy? why so noisy?

and a new, rethorical one, why using such low P&P tactics like in the last 2 answers you gave Badlapje?

All those opinions uphill are same as first, opinions. But they are obviously part of a debate, more, an acusing one.
[/spoil]

So what does this mean? If I had anything to hide, and wasn't willing to admit a flaw (something I have proven willing to do twice during this debate), then logically, I would try to hide the truth from people via misdirection and further debates. Yet I haven't. I have told people to make up their own minds, and they know where to go for the source material, which is what they should be reading and basing their opinions on to begin with.

In closing, my official stance:

In retrospect, when I heard that Decide was getting hit, I thought it was ridiculous for its timing. I wasn't scared for Decide, but it was certainly a low move in my eyes. So I posted what I thought. When I found out that the information was exaggerated, then I was certainly pissed at a certain Decide player, lol! But I was wrong to take it how I did, I admit that. In any event, I was expressing it how I saw it. I see nothing wrong with BD attacking Acvenne, as I personally do think she is their refugee, but that's not Decide, that is me. We disagree there, as well as we do on a few other subjects. I do think to wait until Decide were at war to attack them (non Acvenne) would seem opportunistic, given the reason being over a refugee, as there was plenty of time to do it before hand. If others don't see it as opportunistic, then that is their prerogative. If I gave the sense that attacking Acvenne now would be opportunistic, then I take that back, because it would not be. As for what is happening with DN, they went after their refugees, as was their right, but for Green to attack them, that pissed me off. That was one of the reasons why I said what I said before about DN declaring, Decide will never get the credit it deserves for Green, and it deserves it in my opinion. I do see a difference in the way BD views Decide, and how Decide views Green for potential war (and planning for such), so I do think that there is a difference between what I am saying, and what Bad and Gicu are saying. I also know for a fact that I do not represent Decide, and whether people want to attribute my opinions to them or not, I can't help that, but I will say this: I believe BD has every right to war Decide. If BD wanted to war Decide without me frowning upon it, all they'd have to do is wait a couple weeks. I would not call it opportunistic to attack while Decide are just at war; but I would if they were attacked within just a matter of days after said war begun. Same for THE. That's my opinion, not Decide's.

That is where I stand, and if this has to continue, then bring your boots fellas, cuzz the further this debate goes, the deeper the dung.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

24... Infinity... same thing I'm thinking right now.

DeletedUser

24... Infinity... same thing I'm thinking right now.

Lol! Indeed. But you know, we all have to die at some point. I figured the guy that dies last is the winner, 'cause he gets the last word. :icon_wink:

Gicusan

moving threads is no fun.

You want to torture me.. This is 10 times bigger than the posts I find too big to read. (Gicusan turns Rand into a weapon and smacks Atraeus repeteadly) Maybe I will consider it a novel and do it that way. Anyway, from a short glance, I see a very biased presentation of facts.

DeletedUser

my browser for some reason only letting me open the first spoiler???

Seems an absolute essay though...

Instantly side with gic!

--EDIT--
Jabus, i just realized this debate is about Acvenne.
Same player who started off in my first church...

He was a bad player then, assuming still a bad player.

Is there really such a confrontation over this guy??

Is he worth it?

DeletedUser

Apparently having a teeny tiny account afford a person the ability to write tonnes of meaningless diatribe.

Chrome doesnt work well with spoilers muboop.

DeletedUser

Atrae .. mate i like ya dude .. you kewl and all..

But thats Wheel of Time Length bro! .. and im STILL waiting for the last book!

Ill read it over the next week :)

Good luck on the debate to all sides though * Being Diplomatic here! *

DeletedUser

I read the whole thing, took about 8 minutes... I cannot believe people think that's extremely long. Haven't you guys every read a book? Maybe you should put this on a youtube audio clip for them...

DeletedUser

I gave up on the wheel of time, if/when the last book ever poops into production like the turd it will surely be, I will read the last chapter to find out what the entire book was about.

DeletedUser

I read the whole thing, took about 8 minutes... I cannot believe people think that's extremely long. Haven't you guys every read a book? Maybe you should put this on a youtube audio clip for them...

Some of us have a real account to play.

I bet that bollox will keep you hanging on for another book Fightclub.

DeletedUser

@ Gicu: ouch, stop hitting me... ouch...

@ muboop: That is the question, isn't it? Guess you'd have to read the book to find out. (Spoiler warning: the ending sucks. He doesn't get the girl.) :p

@ Templarz: Lol! I hear ya man, it took a while, and something can be said for overkill.

@ Major: Kudos for reading the thing, I tip my hat to you sir.

@ FightClub: I hear Paramount wants to make a movie on it, but hey, they'll take anything these days...

@ Parm: I'm not playing in game, I quit and gave my account away... mentioned that before, so yep... having no account in game gives a guy like me plenty of time. (theoretically) :p Wait, did you call me bollox? (or was it my novel?) That's awesome! Almost as cool as being called a jive ass turkey.

DeletedUser

ah but see, there is a difference in a great writer giving us a show(great book) and reading crap(not saying you points invalid etc... i just see most of it irrelevant. If you are annoyed at BD or whatever? Meh go nuts. We do our thing. We have 1 tribe we do not attack. Other then that all are fair game. If you don't like us attacking you, stop getting in our ever expanding church radius! :icon_biggrin: )

Also, Wheel of time is awesome.

Brandon Sanderson brilliant lad to finish the series.

His Elantris book and Mistborn series ruled! Oh and Warbreaker was savage!

DeletedUser

@ Muboop:

Without having read what I am saying, I suppose I can understand you saying that, but had you read it, you would have seen that I not only agree with what you just wrote, but that it is not me that has insisted this debate persist.

DeletedUser

@ Muboop:

Without having read what I am saying, I suppose I can understand you saying that, but had you read it, you would have seen that I not only agree with what you just wrote, but that it is not me that has insisted this debate persist.

Then i suggest perhaps just letting it go?

Tell the individuals to mail you with their individual disputes directly so you can clear it up there??

Things shown in the public forums always have a purpose however indirect!

DeletedUser

Then i suggest perhaps just letting it go?

Tell the individuals to mail you with their individual disputes directly so you can clear it up there??

Things shown in the public forums always have a purpose however indirect!

Sounds like the intelligent thing to do. I think I will take your advice.

From henceforth, the world can consider the first post of this thread my final word on the matter. Want the sum of it? Skim to the end and read my official stance.

DeletedUser

/me slaps muboop, stop getting in the way of our debate. i'm replying in the morning when i got time to write a propper reply.

DeletedUser

Sounds like the intelligent thing to do. I think I will take your advice.

From henceforth, the world can consider the first post of this thread my final word on the matter. Want the sum of it? Skim to the end and read my official stance.

good idea!

DeletedUser92

I...Can't even begin to have an opinion on this. All I can really say is that it feels like these issues have been beaten ad nauseum into my brain with a sledge hammer.

The only - one - thing I managed to process before my hair lit on fire was that someone said something about BD attacks on someone other than the refugee in question. I have no idea if this is true or not; I'm fairly certain that the report I saw (the second time through) was on that refugee.

Otherwise...Yeah. 47% of statistics are made up on the spot, but 100% can be interpreted more than one way.