Epic Failures!

DeletedUser

Greetings W34!

From the maker of n00b Beginnings comes Epic Failures! A sure-fire roller coaster of sacrifice, loss, and sheer hilarity! We've seen how we began... but what I wonder, is where are we at now?

This may be a little less well received, as it does away with the comforting "hee, we were all idiots when we began, but look how awesome I am now!" blanket. But what the hell. Cast your egos aside!

Here. I'll demonstrate how it's done.

Scenario 1.

Recently, as you may have noticed, I returned to w34. This however, was not as simple as you may think. I obtained a new password. I went to the login screen. I entered my alias. My password. And hit login.

Nothing!

Well. Not nothing. But a very uncalled for screen asking which direction I would like to start over in. Colour me puzzled.

I consider this. I know for a fact the ?TMH account isn't deleted, and hasn't expired, and did not get nobled. I figure, glitch.

I try again. Same results.

I study the screen. I go back to the login screen and ponder.

And then I realise I'm attempting to login to w36, as I had previously started a rimside account there mere nanoseconds before returning to w34, and did not think to change the world I wanted to log into from 36 to 34.

I fail before I even get into the world. This does not bode well for the future...

Scenario 2.

After managing to get back into the world, and taking note of how horrendously far behind the core I now am, I decided that a couple more villages may be in order.

So, I scouted some targets, got some simulatorings run, and decided I could live with the losses.

45 minutes before I was scheduled to send a noble, I apparently decided in my infinite wisdom, to send all my axes off on a 3 hr 'round trip.

This I noticed. Approximately 17 seconds after I stopped being able to cancel them.

And so it begins...

DeletedUser

i'll let you share mine if you want.... my ego won't allow me to display it in public myself :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I don't think I've ever failed as bad as scenario 1. Number 2 however is a different thing altogether...

DeletedUser

Hahah.

-smiles coaxingly @ rancido-
C'mon. You can do it. I have faith.

Steve - anything recently? >)

DeletedUser

Hahah. Guess I'll just have to hunt down some skype logs and help you out, then.

DeletedUser

I was meant to send some HC to snipe a noble train incoming to a tribe mate, and I had an hour until launch time. What to do in this spare hour? Plot and scheme about world domination with my fellow council of course!
Well, one thing led to another, beer was flowing freely, discussion was rife. Perhaps too much so.
Alarm bells began ringing.. Shoot! I'd only gone and missed the support by a massive 16 and somethin' minutes!
Luckily enough my tribemate covered it...oops.

DeletedUser

Alright. Inthe interests of helping rancido come outta the shame closet, I will supply his story - and one of the inspirations for this thread - for you all.

Unfortunately I've left out the actual reports, which really bring the tale to life, but... the troop counts aren't mine to show. Harass rancido for the full impact of this story.

[13/05/2009 22:16:59]
<--- recent.

rancido64 says: hahaha i'm a fool
rancido64 says: i just got a couple of reports on w20...............
rancido64 says: looks like i mistimed a nuke and noble train somehow
rancido64 says: i managed to take the village (god knows how)..........
rancido64 says: my nuke landed after my train and killed all the defence that was with the final noble
Agent Incognito says: hahhaha
rancido64 says: epic failure on my behalf
Agent Incognito says: y'know, you're not actually the first person to tell me a story like that in recent times.
Agent Incognito says: hell with 'noob beginnings', m'gonna have to start an 'epic failure' thread.
rancido64 says: haha don't
rancido64 says: i'll end up being the star of it probably
Agent Incognito says: hahha...
Agent Incognito says: you twonk.

Clur

*ahem* who suggested this idea three or four days ago? *ahem*

Of course it was nothing to do with my beautiful attack plan that I messed up so beautifully... it hit bang on the allocated time. Shame it was the wrong day...

DeletedUser

Hahah. Oh hai! I have been waiting for you. >)

Yes. You, rancido and myself are largely - indeed, entirely - responsible for the existence of this thread.

So epic.

LastApparatus

... I've done scenario 1 before. I was scared, like "OMG I WAS NOBLED WTF!?"

...*sigh*

DeletedUser

My, my, my. Seems people are rather less willing to admit 'recent' mistakes, than they were to admit their n00b mistakes. So it looks as though the responsibility for enlivening the forum with sheer idiocy, once again falls upon Rancido and myself.

It's alright. It's one we relish.

As you may have noticed, Rancido has declared upon ~SF~. You may or may not also know he has also nobled one of them. The log below, is the discussion that followed. Enjoy.

rancido64 today at 08:45
you have the sit for the next hour

Agent Incognito today at 08:46
kk

rancido64 today at 09:44
thanking you :D

Agent Incognito today at 09:46
null probs!

i er... cancelled the stable upgrade, because HC could already be built. lol. so i thought wall was more important?

thought you might have thought stable 15 was necessary for hc or something. mainly coz i did. lol. until i clicked on ze stable. :')

rancido64 today at 09:55
are ya serious?
i was sure it was lvl15 stable....

rancido64 today at 09:56
aaaaaahahaha you are serious :p
i'm such a nub...
lvl15 smithy :S

Agent Incognito today at 09:58
hahahahah.

inorite?

if it's any use, i so thought it was too. if i'm honest, i even went in, queued scouts, and left again without noticing.

then it clicked about 15 minutes later, and i was like... WTH?!?!?

rancido64 today at 10:06
:D at least that's more of a failure than mine :p

i didn't go into the stable....

that said....

i did go into the smithy, Q up cats as research, and not notice that i could research HC as well..
hmmm, maybe your failure wasn't worse than mine :/

Agent Incognito today at 10:20
hahah

i'm not sure that not going into the stables is any better. :p

at least i tried to queue something!

rancido64 today at 10:22
i figured i couldn't Q em so i set lvl15 building and set a loada spears to build :p

but that's no excuse. i r failure

Agent Incognito today at 10:28
yeh. we might keep this part out of the pnp.

:p

... or we could c/p this entire mail, and let people see that even nubz like us can still take villages from entire, established tribes. can't say much for ~SF~.

>)

rancido64 today at 10:37
there's always this thread that you created oh so long ago, exposing my nubnicity to the entire world :p
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=144179

Agent Incognito today at 10:47
hahah

onit. soon as i've eaten. >)

rancido64 today at 10:47
yayz!

DeletedUser

yayz! just the shot of pure idiocy this world oh so badly missed lol

DeletedUser

to be in an academy tribe is what we need! They can teach us those basics of the game that we fail to know

DeletedUser

Haha nice one guyzzzzzz! :)

I failed recently, got 20mb/s Broadband! :icon_cool::icon_cool:

Buuuuuuut.....

Router is '1'
My Computer is '2'
Walls are '|'
Floor is '_'

2_|_|_|_|
__|_|_|1|

And I has wireless.. :(

I don't think that made sense, Meh.

If I could show you 3D, it gets worse...

DeletedUser

I don't understand.

:icon_confused:

(It's okay. I'm cool with mystery.)