Example of how NOT to run things

DeletedUser

The Facts:
a. I am Duke in ~GOH~ and my name is listed in our tribe's profile
b. Tribe AD is currently ranked #4 in the world and their academy tribe AD2 is ranked #42

The Story:
One of our member receives the following mail:
DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 04:15
As you probably guessed, I am asking you to have your tribe merge into mine, but I don't want you to reject it right away. Listen to what I have to say and think about it please.

This is my 7th time leading the AcidicDemons tribe. I have huge amounts of experience in this game bot has a leader and a player. I am a better leader then player though, ask anyone in my tribe and they would agree. This is why I am a leader for the 7th time. I know what I am doing. I know how to get alliances with the best tribes in the world and never loose a war (literally).

Your tribe is small right now and that is not good. Look at all the top 20 tribes in this world already! They will crush you and your members easily, that is if you don't join one of the bigger tribes. My tribe is still growing slowly and will have a full tribe of 75 members within a week. I'm offering you and your members spots in my tribe before they get taken up by someone else. I can garentee you as the leader a position in the high council! I hope you find this reasonable and enough to convince you to do the merge.

Sincerely,

DragonLance123- Leader of AD

p.s. mailed you b/c I liked your tribe's profile page :)

I immediately took on the oportunity and messaged him... cause nothing beats a good laugh :)

DouPantou on 12.10. at 13:26
Greetings Sir,

I have looked into your tribe's profile and it does look interesting and very promising. It seems to me that you have a solid list of players there...

Please inform me if our two tribes can work together, or how we can grow stronger with a mutual benefit.

Greetz,
DouPantou
co-leader of ~GOH~

DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 18:53
I talked with my council about this matter. Turns out we decided that we have enough alliances, some stronger then us. An alliance is not an aption, I'm sorry. We did however decide that we would allow for your tribe to merge into my tribe.

DouPantou on 12.10. at 19:37
Thank you for your kind offer.
I have to run this proposal of yours through our council too, because if we are talking about mutual bennefit, you have to tell us what kind of positions you do offer to our council members.

DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 20:38
leaders get at least high council position.

DouPantou on 12.10. at 20:59
Please define "high council position".
We are 3 dukes and 5 barons in our tribe. Can you please be more specific?

DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 21:02
3 dukes? That is too many, I would have 2 at most but right now I'm the only duke. Only your dukes can be in the High Council for now but if I like your barons, they can be in there also.

DouPantou on 12.10. at 21:10
As I said, I will have to run your proposal through the council. You might get contacted by other council members too throughout the whole evaluation process.

But you have to promise me that I will be one of the 2 dukes. You know, cutting a deal with you...

DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 21:12
can't do that, sorry. I am probably going to have the same duke I had when I was leading in world 50. We know each other very well.

DouPantou on 12.10. at 21:20
But I thought that there would be merge of equals... In this sense, it would be fair to have 1 duke from each tribe. But if you have to have your pal as a co-duke, I propose to have 3 dukes in the tribe. You won't have problems in taking decisions in case of disagreements. With 2 dukes, 1 can vote for option A and the other could root for option B. But with 3 dukes, there will always be a decision. So, can I have the duke position?

DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 21:23
We don't do votes like that in my tribe. We talk it over with the high council and look at different views of the subject. Then once we all agree on something, we give a vote to the tribe to see what they think of it. Look, most tribes would not even give you High-Council privs and just take you as a member. If you are not satisfied, then I'm afraid that this cannot happen.

DouPantou on 12.10. at 21:31
But it would be cool to run the tribe together!

DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 21:34
I don't run tribe with 1-3 leaders though. My tribe is based on decision on what the tribe wants mostly. When they don't know what to do, the council comes in and makes the decisions for them. The tribe works together as a team rather then having leader(s) telling them what to do. As you can tell, my format of a tribe is very different from most others and is not common to find.

DouPantou on 12.10. at 21:47
Yes I see... Well, I will make sure to transfer all of thisto our council and I'll get back to you. As I said, others from the council might contact you during this process.

For the next couple of days, some of our members contacted DragonLance123, playing along, telling him that they are dukes/barons in GOH and asking him for privillages... :icon_smile:
And then, out of the blue, I received an invite from mealypitbull123 to join AD2, the academy of AD... :icon_surprised: and the real fun beggins :lol::icon_twisted:

DouPantou today at 01:00
Thanks for the invite mate.
Can you please tell me how come you send me an invite, since we haven't even talked?
Greetz

mealypitbull123 today at 01:02
your tribe is merging into are tribe and all k54 members will be joining

DouPantou today at 01:06
Is that a fact?
I didn't know that!
Our leaders did not inform us!

Should I join now or wait till they tell us first?

mealypitbull123 today at 01:07
just join mate others should be following

mealypitbull123 today at 01:08
but before u go leave a message in the forum asking all members with a invite to join

DouPantou today at 01:09
OK, but can I be duke please?

mealypitbull123 today at 01:09
no no privalages wil be givin

DouPantou today at 01:10
Why?
I was told from DragonLance123 that I will have position in the council...

mealypitbull123 today at 01:11
well there will be no privlages givin mate i have all of my council set up maybe in the future if you prove yourself but not at the moment in time

DouPantou today at 01:13
What about this:
Author said:
DragonLance123 on 12.10. at 20:38
leaders get at least high council position.

I'm sure you don't want to dissapoint your leader!!!!

mealypitbull123 today at 01:15
i am the lader of the academy u will not be having privlages as soon as u join and il stick to that after a few weeks and u prove you can be trusted u may join also i think he ment if you brought your tribe with you not just you then you could have the privilages

DouPantou today at 01:18
But you said that our tribe will be merging into AD... so I think that this is called bringing our members in...

So, DUKE PLZ

mealypitbull123 today at 01:19
haa you are a joker ait u you aint becoming no DUKE

DouPantou today at 01:20
OK, Baron then

mealypitbull123 today at 01:21
no u aint geting into the tribe for annoying me

DouPantou today at 01:23
no. reconcider please.

mealypitbull123 today at 01:23
well i have told u prove your loyal and in a week u will be on councill

DouPantou today at 01:25
on duke position?

mealypitbull123 today at 01:26
no council

DouPantou today at 01:27
ohhh come on... let me be baron then.

mealypitbull123 today at 01:28
omg no i have told u council member or nothing

DouPantou today at 01:29
OK, I prefer council member.
Duke then

mealypitbull123 today at 01:29
u aint being a duke u aint joining

DouPantou today at 01:32
Why?
You said:
Author said:
mealypitbull123 today at 01:28
omg no i have told u council member or nothing
and I chose to be council member...

mealypitbull123 today at 01:33
no u said duke

DouPantou today at 01:34
no, I said
Author said:
DouPantou today at 01:29
OK, I prefer council member.
Duke then
and then I requested the duke position as it is a position in the council.

DouPantou today at 01:38
Have you made up your mind already?

mealypitbull123 today at 01:39
ye u aint getting privs goodbye

DouPantou today at 01:40
that's a pitty mate...
:icon_rolleyes:
I'm afraid I lost the opportunity to conclude a very promising deal..........:icon_cry:

DeletedUser

this could have gone in the funny in-game messages. no need to make a new thread for every funny noob chat...

DeletedUser

Nah i feel this deserved a thread! Haha mate. Why do u get all the love anyway? :|

DeletedUser

AD has already hit it's 75 member limit? I guess it's time we all gave up and hit delete.

DeletedUser100750

I thought you were DEAD SKYPE NOW, OR YOU WILL BE A CORPSE :D

DeletedUser

AD has already hit it's 75 member limit? I guess it's time we all gave up and hit delete.

They are filling their 1rst academy now :p . I guess they think they will claim the world by recruiting everyone in their academies :D

DeletedUser

No offense mate, but i doubt any tribe in the top 10 would merge a rank 57 into their tribe, and let them keep all their positions (if any)...
Still, that mealypitbull123 guy seemed like he was still asleep while you were talking :L

DeletedUser

No offense mate, but i doubt any tribe in the top 10 would merge a rank 57 into their tribe, and let them keep all their positions (if any)...
Still, that mealypitbull123 guy seemed like he was still asleep while you were talking :L

Non taken mate :)
If the top 10 tribe was serious, yes I agree with your statement... but I don't think that's our case here... :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Non taken mate :)
If the top 10 tribe was serious, yes I agree with your statement... but I don't think that's our case here... :icon_wink:

Fair do's :icon_razz:

After all, they do have an academy :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

the only good part of having a position is that you prob wont get kicked out. not worth the work imo

DeletedUser

You should pull his TW stats and see the huge amounts of experience.

DeletedUser

to be honest with you, i think you were kind of pathetic as well, although its true sending that message to everyone is nooby

DeletedUser

WALKER DcFc today at 18:08
soo you send a fake and ask for no trouble...
what planet are you on?
DragonLance123 today at 18:04
dunno... your tribe was supposed to merge into us before they started sending mock mails. Just stop because we don't want any trouble.

The funny thing is that dragonlance STILL has not checked our tribes profile to see who are in the council. he is still talking with our members that are having fun with him for days!