Excuses Daily Maps!

DeletedUser95878

Okay new game plan people!

Each day to day maps will have an 'X' where the new villages are nobled (in the last 24 hours and therefore I will have to make the map at the same time each day. I will make each map at 19:00 GMT. I am doing this by the conquers map tool in twstats.com.
An example of the new maps is in the post above.

The difference maps will have a map I made one of each at the beginning and end of the week which will have no writing on it so that we can see the best difference possible! :D

DeletedUser

the way the Xs look reminds me of a game my sister used to play on our first computer... 16 or so years ago :D

DeletedUser

I do like that one, the only thing I can think to improve that particular map would be of somehow highlighting which ones are captures from the enemy as opposed to other captures. Maybe a white outline to the war 'crossed'? or the enemy colour outlinging the war 'crosses'? Just throwing some ideas out there.

DeletedUser95878

I do like that one, the only thing I can think to improve that particular map would be of somehow highlighting which ones are captures from the enemy as opposed to other captures. Maybe a white outline to the war 'crossed'? or the enemy colour outlinging the war 'crosses'? Just throwing some ideas out there.

Yeah I appreciate your idea's, thank you! keep them coming :icon_wink:

Good:) Hmm yeah I will do that, I know how to and so I will. By capturing the enemy you mean wars such as Rogues nobling from COMING? I can do that if that's what you meant.

DeletedUser

Yeah that sort of thing, so lets say rogues conquers would all be yellow crosses with a black outline, but if it was a conquer against Coming who they are warring, it would be a yellow cross with a purple/pink outline.

DeletedUser

yea, awesome idea... but not white outline :S

how about making all the none-war crosses transparent?

DeletedUser95878

Yeah that sort of thing, so lets say rogues conquers would all be yellow crosses with a black outline, but if it was a conquer against Coming who they are warring, it would be a yellow cross with a purple/pink outline.

Hmm yeah I understand, read the below bit after Hmmm. :icon_wink:

yea, awesome idea... but not white outline :S

how about making all the none-war crosses transparent?

Transparent? Hmmm.. that could be done... Ill experiment when I actually make it :D It'll be a different color aswell so I know which ones actually are the nobles against enemies :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser95878

Ooooh that's good thinking :)

Lol sorry, I was getting over excited :D

Nooo I mean read that bit cause I just wrote it haha and it'll say that ill experiment doing things like what you suggested:D

Keep suggestions coming! <3

DeletedUser

Transparent? Hmmm.. that could be done... Ill experiment when I actually make it :D It'll be a different color aswell so I know which ones actually are the nobles against enemies :icon_rolleyes:

just don't make it too different, we don't want to confuse the people looking at the map ^^

DeletedUser

Hmm... tried using the conquers map thing and here it is..

[spoil]
2q2fr0k.jpg
[/spoil]

Thats what you wanted right?

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep them coming :D

Brilliant :)

If you want some more ideas
FOr variations have a look at this map thread for W42 - (please keep the idea of being able to see old maps, as i like to compare)

W42 Map Thread

DeletedUser95878

Brilliant :)

If you want some more ideas
FOr variations have a look at this map thread for W42 - (please keep the idea of being able to see old maps, as i like to compare)

W42 Map Thread

:icon_smile:

Alright, I like his maps and it is possible I could do some of them but ill pass because most of them aren't exactly something you'd keep daily ones of :icon_wink: other than perhaps the top players... but meh ill pass. :icon_biggrin:

darkaniken2

Does anyone know how to make pictures that fade from one to the next?

I thought it would look really good done with excuses maps, to start on day 1, then fade it to day 2 and so on. It would be far more visually effective than just highlighting which villages have changed hands.

If you don't get what i mean, open two tabs on the OP, one on day ones map, the next on day twos map, then flick fromone to the other and back again. If we could get this effect automated to one picture which is updated each day with the new map on the end it would look awesome and would show very well what progress Rim! or DSL have made and where they have made it.
If you get enough maps, you could possibly make a slideshow in Microsoft Powerpoint, set the durrations of each slide to a second and save the file as a GIF. I'll play around with it in a bit to give it a try.

DeletedUser

If you get enough maps, you could possibly make a slideshow in Microsoft Powerpoint, set the durrations of each slide to a second and save the file as a GIF. I'll play around with it in a bit to give it a try.

Yeah that would be perfect, thanks Dark :)

DeletedUser95878

Did you read my PM? :icon_cool:

darkaniken2

[spoil]
Animated.gif
[/spoil]

It'll probably work better with larger numbers of maps. I also should be able to reduce the size of the file by condensing the images, so that it doesn't take an hour to load it once it have 10+ maps in it.

Is this what you were after?