Experience Vs Adaptability

DeletedUser

I sparked this convo up in W25 and thought I would re-liven it here as there seems to be more people viewing.

Moving onto the purpose of this thread, Experience Vs Adaptibility. It has come to my attention that many people, both on this and pretty much every single world rely on experience as almost a "threat" to scare and in some cases "brag".

Experience:

Experience as a general concept comprises knowledge of or skill in or observation of some thing or some event gained through involvement in or exposure to that thing or event. The history of the word experience aligns it closely with the concept of experiment.

Adaptibility:

Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.

So, what seperates the two? Which is more important? What would you rather have? What do they show?

As PP said before, the thing that seperates an avergage player from the better player is Situational Awareness. Does experience only make you play on a world that you are accustomed too or does it make you adapt?

In my opinion experience(Over 500k) on another world only shows you have standard knowledge. You can play upto millions without getting into any real fights. Joining a dominant continent tribe at the start, once that fails, join the new largest and continue having no real threats in your area with the ability to challeneg you for your villages. Experience doesn't mean you can launch of several nukes from different villages in a very short amount of time. It doesn't show you have the ability to snipe 1 second noble trains. Nor does it show you know what you're doing.

The majority of these "elite"/"legends" haven't played a world upto 1 million points. Yet they show a clear consistency in achieving a top 20 spot on any world they play.

Again Imo, Adaptability is the better quality to possess. It shows you have the ability to adapt to any given situation and any variables which can be different on any/every world you play. Examples are, relying more on resource camps and less on farming when you have no greys in your 13x13 incomparison to having 15 greys in your 13x13 which obviously makes you switch your style of play to a more actively farming style and pushing for LC early on.

Discuss.

DeletedUser

I think adaptablity but if you can stay in top 20 or top 50 spot for a while upto 1 million points and do this in almost every world u play u are probably a great player

The-Dwarf

I think adaptablity but if you can stay in top 20 or top 50 spot for a while upto 1 million points and do this in almost every world u play u are probably a great player

Or you're a point whore surrounded by noobs?

DeletedUser

Or you're a point whore surrounded by noobs?

Nope cause pointwhores would get attacked and finished easily
To stay in the top 20 with 1 mill points + without getting attacked is pretty much impossible i think.
Everyone gets attacked

The-Dwarf

Nope cause pointwhores would get attacked and finished easily
To stay in the top 20 with 1 mill points + without getting attacked is pretty much impossible i think.
Everyone gets attacked

Village whoring then?

DeletedUser

I think activity and mathematical/statistical aptitude are the most important factors to making a good player.

Having that aptitude allows you to adjust your playing style based on the scenarios presented to you with regards to resources, troops #s, farms, etc. And it also allows you to see mistakes you may be making when pointed out by someone else. This is a numbers game, and I bet if you ask people that send swords to attack what the attacking value is most would be confused by the question.

Wolfren

I think activity and mathematical/statistical aptitude are the most important factors to making a good player.

Having that aptitude allows you to adjust your playing style based on the scenarios presented to you with regards to resources, troops #s, farms, etc. And it also allows you to see mistakes you may be making when pointed out by someone else. This is a numbers game, and I bet if you ask people that send swords to attack what the attacking value is most would be confused by the question.

I totally agree with you,you just read my mind lol.

DeletedUser

Good thread I think it is a mixture of both that defines a good and a bad player but adaptabilty is the more needed trait.

DeletedUser

Adding to my post above ^.

If u have experience u would know wat to do to stay in the top 50 as you would have learnt from other worlds
Once you have experience u just need to learn to adapt to other worlds

Old units --> New units
Non Growing Barbs --> Growing Barbs
Simple tech ---> Higher tech.

Once u have played each of those worlds and have adpated u have stratergy and skill to adapt to any other world and become a greeat player

HeftySmurf

I start in top 100, but i farm and troop whore more then i do points
you will see me high in oda ;)

Internally Bleeding

By reading posts such as this from you,you'd expect a good player,but you suck badly.
W25 stats to back me up ;)

DeletedUser

Being able too stay on the top 20/50 in lots of worlds shows experience and adaptability, being that all worlds are different. especially these two new ones.
By the way, does anyone know if that pre-made tribe thing is happenning in 28?

DeletedUser

Nice thread, Both experience and activity are important equally. I have seen many experience players play, but were not active. It's a shame to see a waste of talent.

DeletedUser

Ability to adapt is crucial.
Knowledge is needed to adapt.
Knowledge can be gained through experience.

Different experiences yield different knowledge.
One can gain knowledge without experience.

Player playing 1000 villages often is experienced playing 1000 villages and likely to succeed with 1000 villages.
Player playing 1 village often is experienced playing 1 village and likely to succeed with 1 village.
Player playing everything often is experienced playing everything and likely to succeed with everything.

Player with knowledge who does not know adapting is unlikely to succeed.
Player with no knowledge cannot adapt and is unlikely to succeed.