Family Tribes Have Started :D

An Bhoran

Because if someone is a decent player and isn't in your tribe family because of a "limit" then they could end up being in the enemies tribe and you've lost a potential asset.

The reason why a lot of family tribes fail is many and varied.

A lot fail because most are formed at the start of a game and as commonly happens people simply lose interest.

Then there's the politics and leadership that comes into play. But that's a seperate issue.

kirkthewineman

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I have seen family tribes, and they can do it..however its the setup that has to be correct..(hush hush) and from what i see on this world that hasnt happened yet. but good luck i say ;)

kirk
bugZ

big092701

I seen quit the opposite on world 2 where 4chan invaded TW and made a large family tribe, outnumbered the other tribes like 30 to one in players and such, and yet they were beaten down by only a couple of tribes (TW/FTR/ME) of which HoT came out of the wreckage. it was a glorious war and many great battles were fought, sadly this game is no longer about skill but about who has the biggest pocket book now.

Ahh.. W2.. I remember you Rip.. You and Bolaar were on my east flank.. I also memember when youu quit, and asterios (sp?) took over your account once his got smashed up. I think my conquor list from W2 had a few ripfin vills on it. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser112704

to create a family tribe in a world with 80 tribe member limit is not the smartest move lol. imagine 2-3 tribes in a family, 240 members. what each member will farm? where they will grow? that's stupid.

my experience with family tribes is not the best, been in a number of them and all of those sucked, and sucked badly. chaos, minimum organization and even less skill and determination. as from a leaders point of view, I've lead couple of them (not by my wish -_-) and it is a very hard work and huge time loss, without any enjoyable sides. I'd prefer to play alone, rather than join a family tribe again.

as for small focused tribes, they are fun, especially if leadership manages to gather skilled and active players. been in some and created some myself and all of them left good memories and gave lots of fun (especially in skype chat rooms lol :D). I'm not saying small tribes are best, they need a careful strategy and a hard work on diplomacy, but its all worth it.

DeletedUser

This thread.

[spoil]
latest
[/spoil]

kirkthewineman

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Family tribes are great under one roof..however they do have their downfalls..
ie headache for the duke
trusted dukes in other tribes
communication
activity
flipping
ops coordination.
etc etc..
so all is good in the beginning safe among friends..however a strong united experienced tribe can punch a whole and the tribe starts to fall..all the noobs and cowards flee like rats.. and so the tribe becomes embarrassed rather than strong..

my twopence worth
6 x pig tribes w73..:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser117694

Your all wrong family tribes die fastest, single tribes fast and turtles well they live foreverr

Lol

Deleted User - 31145

a family tribe was a nightmare to begin with but once you wittled out the players that wasn't upto much it worked and we won the world with it in the end you just have to have a commited core of players with you

mike62

Family tribes have done well over time in the game but they need a lot of work and often are a headache especially at the end of the world when they are infighting about who is going for the world win.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Back in 'the good old days' (W5) family tribes were not frowned upon. I remember VVV, VVV2, VVVK and SCIROS, SCIOVA, SCIRON and I believe they had two more :p. I agree with the others that it requires hard work, but if you make it work then you'll be pretty powerful ^^

DeletedUser84793

I did it the family tribe thing one time..we were very powerful and it worked for a while..but it fell apart..i agree it never works and if it does its rare. Lots of work Indeed!