Family Tribes Stigma

Agenroe

I think you all have forgotten world 18,

There was a family tribe of about 5 tribes there, They are called Apoc. and lasted for a LONG time

DeletedUser

I think you all have forgotten world 18,

There was a family tribe of about 5 tribes there, They are called Apoc. and lasted for a LONG time

I was part of Apoc/UA and my opinion is that while successful it was only due to the leadership of some very gifted players, Zain, for example it seemed is extremely level headed and meticulous towards tribal wars aswell as himself and others it was their first world for alot of people including myself, who moved from the facebook game Knighthood over to w18 to try tribal wars, couple with that the full grown barbs then by in large it was rather huggish :icon_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3qTcP654I

All that said there were players on that world who would take this one by storm, and I would fight alongside them anyday

DeletedUser71925

The family tribes have a rarer chance of success. 3 or 4 worlds to 45 or 46 worlds. My first comment stands. They fail.

DeletedUser

Out of the worlds 1-25 17/25 have successful families by successful i mean they have survived and own a large area of the world. To say family tribes fail then how come all of these worlds seem to have them, and actually successful to a point? i believe even w12 DNY was once a family.

I seriously dislike the pointless flaming of family tribes, when past worlds show they tend to last a whole lot longer, and perhaps more successful than single tribes?

DeletedUser

Out of the worlds 1-25 17/25 have successful families by successful i mean they have survived and own a large area of the world. To say family tribes fail then how come all of these worlds seem to have them, and actually successful to a point? i believe even w12 DNY was once a family.

I seriously dislike the pointless flaming of family tribes, when past worlds show they tend to last a whole lot longer, and perhaps more successful than single tribes?

Agreed.
Family tribes are more concentrated on as people just tend to jump on the bandwagon of "Zomg families suck" so families failing is noticed more.
They are often also gangbanged because singular tribes take a sudden dislike to them or leaders don't like to start families due to the fact they are deemed bad by alot of the public.

DeletedUser71925

I would view success as being lasting until such a point in the world that the number one tribe is undefeatable. Err, DNY on W12 for example. Sure, you can say it was once a family tribe, but they obviously realised how bad families are to stop being one. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Family tribes can work they are just annoying for everybody else if they do work :)

DeletedUser83995

Iv always said this about Family tribes, the chances of them working are very slim for many reasons...

1. you would need at least 2 good dukes and 2 good barons who are online around the clock.

2. pending the member limit but we will say the world's member limit is 40, you would need to have at least 70 active players or it wouldnt even be worth it and you would be better off cutting enough members down to 40 and have just one tribe.

3. You would need to have all your members to be friends with you on another world really or your going to end up with at least 3 or 4 spys in your tribe.

But ether way if you can get a good family tribe with good leaders and high numbers then i dont see that being easy to stop i dont care what kind of powerhouse you are as a tribe the numbers will be against you and it will be hard to win. But this is why most family tribes fail, most family tribes would rather have 70-80 members and most of them will just be dragging down the tribe and as soon as something bad happens everyone jumps ships. I have never and will never make or be part of a family tribe but i do think a well planned out and ran family tribe would be extremely hard to beat.

As for why people hate family tribe, everyones opinion basicly explains it other then the people who cant think to well and just put "Family tribes = noobs/fail" will out explaining why they think that way but the reason i think family tribes have such a bad rep is for the simple reason most newer players like to recruit everyone in there K and end up having three tribes in the same K for the same family and up end having nothing but blue dots surrounding you. So yeah i think thats why family tribes have such a bad rep now days.

Again this is just my opinion, you can comment on my opinion but to flame my opinion would be brainless and pointless. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser91481

Too many members often ends up with a large range in points. I don't think it's right to have 3K players and 3mil players in the same tribe. Then you have to care for all the weaker players at the cost of the strong players who are actually good.

DeletedUser83995

Too many members often ends up with a large range in points. I don't think it's right to have 3K players and 3mil players in the same tribe. Then you have to care for all the weaker players at the cost of the strong players who are actually good.

You are basing everything on points... if that 3k player is a 10mil player on another world he is worth having in the tribe even if you have to protect him for a couple weeks while he gets better.

DeletedUser71925

You are basing everything on points... if that 3k player is a 10mil player on another world he is worth having in the tribe even if you have to protect him for a couple weeks while he gets better.

The problem lies here though, how many 3k players in a family tribe are 10 mil on another world?

DeletedUser83995

The problem lies here though, how many 3k players in a family tribe are 10 mil on another world?

Well people like you who are 3k and not 10 million i let slid as my co-player and all :icon_wink:

DeletedUser71925

Well, the Family Tribe Stigma is this:

K46 Tribe Rankings - (Rank)13 (Tribe)IDS (Points)484 (Villages)2

DeletedUser

Not really. Just because a player is bigger on a different world doesn't mean much.

For example:-
Whats to say that someone on the world didn't quit and they just got given the account - happens on alot of older dying worlds, people just offload the account to anyone.

Also if a player has a 10 mil account on a different world then there is a good chance that they would be in a war on that world. So that may take up alot of their TW time meaning they are less active on this world.

Honestly i would rather an extremely active noob who is willing to learn over a player who has little time and alot of other commitments.

DeletedUser83995

Not really. Just because a player is bigger on a different world doesn't mean much.

For example:-
Whats to say that someone on the world didn't quit and they just got given the account - happens on alot of older dying worlds, people just offload the account to anyone.

Also if a player has a 10 mil account on a different world then there is a good chance that they would be in a war on that world. So that may take up alot of their TW time meaning they are less active on this world.

Honestly i would rather an extremely active noob who is willing to learn over a player who has little time and alot of other commitments.

You ether completely missed what i was saying or you took what i said out of contacts..

So ill simplafy it for you...

What i meant to say was, he was basing everything on points saying all 1mil players would be better then a 3k point player which yes at that very moment a 1mil player would have more troops and would easily be able to handle a 3k player. But for example if i was to join world 42 right now and started to build up my account and got to 3k points i know for a fact i would be better then any 1mil + player in the IDS family. So i was just trying to prove his statement wrong.